PDA

View Full Version : DOD - Calling Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence'

platoonDaddy
12-07-11, 13:36
This friggin PC shit has too stop! I rarely agree with Collins but in this case for sure it was radical islam!

Sen. Susan Collins on Wednesday blasted the Defense Department for classifying the Fort Hood massacre as workplace violence and suggested political correctness is being placed above the security of the nation's Armed Forces at home.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/military-growing-terrorist-target-lawmakers-warn/

VooDoo6Actual
12-07-11, 14:02
Wow, FUBAR...

What'e even scarier is the LACK of people's opinions (incl MIL & LEO's) here willing to voice their opinions even though they know it's all BS.

That's how we got here Gents, flawed beliefs that don't learn from history etc.....

Nathan_Bell
12-07-11, 14:16
10 years ago I would have said "UnF****ng believable" sadly now it is all too believable.
Example of elections having consequences. The generals who are running the military now were those who were coming up through the ranks when the Clinton PC attack began, they played that game to get their stars. Now they think it is the right way.

SteyrAUG
12-07-11, 14:26
It is sad to be this disappointed in my country.

crusader377
12-07-11, 17:38
More example on how political correctness and distorted thinking is ruining this country. MAJ Hasan is a terrorist and a traitor and 2 years after the Ft. Hood shooting still hasn't been court martialled. In earlier times, MAJ Hasan would have been hanged or shot by firing squad within a few days of his treacherous act.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-07-11, 19:42
Maybe congress will promote Hasan to LtCol next for being a whistleblower on work place stresses in the military.

Irish
12-07-11, 21:11
All too appropriate smilie. :bad:

glocktogo
12-07-11, 21:54
I'd particularly like to see the letter myself. In the most basic technical sense, it was workplace violence and it followed a similar pattern as other workplace violence events. Of course, that would be akin to describing a Bugatti Veyron as a 2 door coupe and leaving it at that.

Before condemning them, I'd just like to be sure that the DoD is actually acting like a sopping wet pussy, rather than having their letter taken out of context.

ForTehNguyen
12-07-11, 22:25
politically correct cat is politically correct

Bolt_Overide
12-07-11, 22:55
Wish I could say Im surprised... Im not.

Wish I could say Im a proud american......

platoonDaddy
12-08-11, 06:31
I'd particularly like to see the letter myself. In the most basic technical sense, it was workplace violence and it followed a similar pattern as other workplace violence events. Of course, that would be akin to describing a Bugatti Veyron as a 2 door coupe and leaving it at that.

Before condemning them, I'd just like to be sure that the DoD is actually acting like a sopping wet pussy, rather than having their letter taken out of context.

Don't know if this is the letter|report, but open the following file and search on "workplace violence". Many pages of this report covering "workplace violence".

http://www.defense.gov/pubs/pdfs/DOD-ProtectingTheForce-Web_Security_HR_13jan10.pdf

markm
12-08-11, 07:59
We mustn't offend the musloids!

jaydoc1
12-08-11, 11:05
I'd just like to be sure that the DoD is actually acting like a sopping wet pussy, rather than having their letter taken out of context.

I would love to make this my sig...but I won't. Absolutely classic.

Dave L.
12-08-11, 11:21
Given that it's now legit, as per UCMJ, to commit sodomy and bestiality, this ruling shouldn't surprise anyone... we all know what direction this is all going.

glocktogo
12-08-11, 13:25
Don't know if this is the letter|report, but open the following file and search on "workplace violence". Many pages of this report covering "workplace violence".

http://www.defense.gov/pubs/pdfs/DOD-ProtectingTheForce-Web_Security_HR_13jan10.pdf

Thanks! I did scan the document (don't have time to read all 86 pages). It does talk about workplace violence as well as detecting self-radicalization. It doesn't appear to specifically call the Ft. Hood attack workplace violence as opposed to a terrorist attack, but instead focuses on preventing and mitigating attacks of any kind.

I'd like to see more items like this, as well as the aforementioned letter.

wild_wild_wes
12-08-11, 20:49
May I throw more fuel on the fire? From today's Congressional hearing hearing exploring the radicalization of Muslim-Americans within the U.S.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/197779-homeland-security-chairmen-military-number-one-target-for-terrorists-in-us

A tense exchange broke out when Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) peppered Stockton with questions, arguing that al Qaeda represented “violent Islamist extremism.” If the U.S. is at war with al Qaeda, then it is also at war with “violent Islamist extremism,” said Lungren.

But Stockton defended the administration's position, saying that to confuse the two would aide al Qaeda’s propaganda machine.

“Al Qaeda would love to convince Muslims around the world that the United States is at war with Islam,” said Stockton. “That is a prime propaganda tool. And I'm not going to aid and abet that effort to advance their propaganda goals.”

Pressed further by Lungren, Stockton shot back, “Sir, with great respect, I don't believe it's helpful to frame our adversary as Islamic with any set of qualifiers that we might add, because we are not at war with Islam.”

Abraxas
12-08-11, 21:07
10 years ago I would have said "UnF****ng believable" sadly now it is all too believable.
Example of elections having consequences. The generals who are running the military now were those who were coming up through the ranks when the Clinton PC attack began, they played that game to get their stars. Now they think it is the right way.

Exactly

Belmont31R
12-08-11, 21:15
May I throw more fuel on the fire? From today's Congressional hearing hearing exploring the radicalization of Muslim-Americans within the U.S.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/197779-homeland-security-chairmen-military-number-one-target-for-terrorists-in-us

A tense exchange broke out when Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) peppered Stockton with questions, arguing that al Qaeda represented “violent Islamist extremism.” If the U.S. is at war with al Qaeda, then it is also at war with “violent Islamist extremism,” said Lungren.

But Stockton defended the administration's position, saying that to confuse the two would aide al Qaeda’s propaganda machine.

“Al Qaeda would love to convince Muslims around the world that the United States is at war with Islam,” said Stockton. “That is a prime propaganda tool. And I'm not going to aid and abet that effort to advance their propaganda goals.”

Pressed further by Lungren, Stockton shot back, “Sir, with great respect, I don't believe it's helpful to frame our adversary as Islamic with any set of qualifiers that we might add, because we are not at war with Islam.”

These types of lefties are in bed with radical islam as seen by the code pink people showing up in Egypt during the "arab spring".

Moose-Knuckle
12-08-11, 21:36
We continually have new legislation being passed criminalizing gun owners and other likeminded freedom loving individuals and they are being labeled “domestic terrorists” yet here we have a dyed in the wool terrorist and it's getting passed off as work place violence.

Insert proverbial frog in pot . . . :suicide:

wild_wild_wes
12-08-11, 22:52
This friggin PC shit has too stop! I rarely agree with Collins but in this case for sure it was radical islam!

When we invaded Europe in WW2, did we go there to fight "The Forces of Blitzkreig"?? Or did we go there to kill Nazis...

Norinco
12-09-11, 20:44
It is sad to be this disappointed in my country.

Agreed.
Its heartbreaking to say the least.