PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how much a Colt 6920 goes for in Canada?

TACAV
12-07-11, 17:41
I was going to post this in the EE section but then I read that no one else can reply so if ithis needs to go elsewhere, mods please feel free to move it.

An acquaintance of mine who is a Canadian resident and citizen is interested in buying a slightly used stock Colt SP6920 (100 rounds fired through it) with 5x 30 round USGI type mags from another friend who is also a Canadian resident.

Does anyone know what a reasonable fair price for this would be?
The seller is asking $3,000 Canadian dollars for it.

As I understand it, the higher price is due to the arms import/export laws between the US and Canada impacting the availability of certain brands of AR15s (Yes they are legal up in Canada).

If anyone here has a good idea please let me know of a fair price.(and please remember to specify which currency US or CA dollars if you name a price)

-Thanks!

MWL
12-07-11, 18:09
Where is this sale occuring? In the US or Canada?

If in Canada, 30 round mags are prohibited devices, so unless the mags have been pinned to 5 rounds, there may be some issues.

The last 6920s I saw for sale were new, and were advertised for around C$2400.

We get gouged up here, but C$3000 is a bit much. We can now get LMTs starting at around C$1300ish.

Regards.

Mark

TACAV
12-07-11, 18:26
Transfer is taking place in Canada.

About the 30 round mags, that's what he told me. He is pretty new to the AR15 platform. Ill let him know to look into the mag capacity laws.

MWL
12-07-11, 18:38
This is the info he needs:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/bus-ent/20110323-72-eng.htm

As for the price, I suppose the guy can ask what ever he likes, but my advice to your friend is to look at an LMT, and spend the difference on Pmags (C$20 each if you buy a pack of six up here), ammo (C$369 per 1000 can), and some training.

Regards.

Mark

misanthropist
12-08-11, 00:14
Three is on the high end for sure, but then they don't come up that often.

Personally I wouldn't pay 3000 for a used 6920, I'd pay 2 for a DD with a quality rail, new.

But if he's got three thousand bucks to spend and he's got to have a 6920...

It's tough to get a firm price on a used 6920, anyway. That's definitely the upper end of what they go for and I have seen them new for less, but they just aren't available very often so if he has to have it now, it's possible that's the only one in the country for sale.

If it were me and I had to have a 6920 and nothing else would do, well, I'd wait. But I'm a construction worker and 3000 bucks is money to me.