PDA

View Full Version : benelli supernova

marco.g
12-07-11, 19:46
Hey all,

Im not to familiar with shotguns; Ive shot some clays once a year and know how to operate them on a basic level.

Im considering a Supernova with 26" barrel for waterfowl, turkey, and some recreational clays. Anything i need to know about this shotgun before going forward. Also is this a good configuration for the mentioned uses?

Thanks in advance,
Marco

Brimstone
12-07-11, 21:51
I own a Benelli Nova and my neighbor owns a Supernova. Neither one of us can tell any perceived difference in recoil with the Supernova. We have shot skeet with these two guns for hours and they both performed equally. I wouldn't spend the extra cash on the Supernova.

I love my Nova. It is a great shotgun and a great value.

GeorgiaBoy
12-09-11, 14:09
A Supernova would fit the bill perfectly. Getting the 26" barrel is a good choice. I am not a big fan on long barrels on hunting shotguns.

Pork Chop
12-09-11, 14:18
I own a Benelli Nova and my neighbor owns a Supernova. Neither one of us can tell any perceived difference in recoil with the Supernova. We have shot skeet with these two guns for hours and they both performed equally. I wouldn't spend the extra cash on the Supernova.

I love my Nova. It is a great shotgun and a great value.

This 100%.

I could have written that word for word. I do the same things as you mentioned and my nova does a super job. I wouldn't spend the extra coin for the "super" as my buddy has one and I honestly don't like it any better.

I'd only add that I personally prefer the camo models for hunting because they are pretty tolerant to wet weather. ymmv.

marco.g
12-09-11, 15:10
To those with the Nova: Do you have any reservations with the stock and receiver being one piece?

I got a chance to handle both today and the ergo's were pretty much identical.

Pork Chop
12-09-11, 15:13
To those with the Nova: Do you have any reservations with the stock and receiver being one piece?

I got a chance to handle both today and the ergo's were pretty much identical.

What are your concerns about it?

Doesn't bother me at all.

Skang
12-09-11, 15:58
A Supernova would fit the bill perfectly. Getting the 26" barrel is a good choice. I am not a big fan on long barrels on hunting shotguns.

How you going to hit anything with short barrel?

Supernova is great shotgun, light and durable. Would recommend.