PDA

View Full Version : M&P 45c vs. Glock 19 size?

jp0319
12-08-11, 09:24
I am looking at getting an S&W M&P 45c. I cannot tell by the pictures if the grip is the same size as the glock 19? The Glock 19 is about the minimum grip length that I can get all my fingers on and I do not want the M&P 45c if I cannot get all my fingers on the grip.

Can anyone who either has or has access to both if the M&P 45c is at least the same length grip?

Thanks,
JP

mikejg
12-08-11, 09:37
Thank you for posting this. I'm in the exact same situation. I'm thinking about picking up an M&P 45c and feel the G19 is the perfect size, but no gun shops have a 45c in stock to compare to.

Palmguy
12-08-11, 10:09
It's been a couple of years since I've had an M&P45c but it was virtually the same size as a G19. I could get a three finger grip on the gun even with the flat floorplate on the magazine.

Dos Cylindros
12-08-11, 10:44
I have a 45c, and have owned multiple G19's. For all intents and purposes, they are the same size. The 45c, with the flat base plate still allows me to get a full three finger grip on the gun (I wear a size XL glove if that helps). The extended floor plates for the 45c, make the gun slightly longer than a G19 in the grip lentgh area and the 45c is a bit thicker if you are carrying IWB. I love the 45c, but my father is more in love with it, and I think it is going to go to him for Christmas.

Bolt_Overide
12-08-11, 10:53
have both, 45c is thicker, and the grip seems a hair shorter (most people probably wont "feel" the difference) I just added the extended floor plate and then cut it down to exactly what I needed, works perfect.

Dienekes
12-08-11, 11:47
My impression was that they are pretty much the same size. I have small hands so that is an issue to me. I was thinking about the .45 compact but it was bulkier than I liked. Right now I'm waiting on a Kahr CW45 which is smaller all around than both the S&W or Glock, with better triggers than either.

The question is whether it will turn out to be as reliable as I want. Not many semiautos come up to revolver standards, unfortunately.

Steve S.
12-08-11, 13:18
Right now I'm waiting on a Kahr CW45 which is smaller all around than both the S&W or Glock, with better triggers than either.

The question is whether it will turn out to be as reliable as I want. Not many semiautos come up to revolver standards, unfortunately.

Smaller, yes. Better trigger? I couldn't disagree more. Short of a 1911, Glocks followed by M&Ps have the best triggers OEM in my highest opinion. Unless Kahr is making a new trigger variant, it's a heavy pull with a long reset.

I also consider both the G19 and 45c more reliable then my revolver. It's a myth that "revolvers never jam" (sorry - couldn't help myself there). Although I still appreciate wheelguns, the truth is a 9mm Glock will see much fewer issues over 50k rounds then most wheelguns.

To the OP, I'll get a pic up of the two guns side by side in a little bit. They are very close, but off memory I believe the 45c is longer. I personally think the 45c is the best sized model in SW's M&P lineup.

LorenzoS
12-08-11, 14:53
LMGTFU
http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/206840-m-p-45c-vs-glock-19-23-a.html

http://smith-wessonforum.com/attachments/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/52458d1314643273-m-p-45c-vs-glock-19-23-537117203_g19nmnp45c.jpg

jp0319
12-08-11, 21:23
Smaller, yes. Better trigger? I couldn't disagree more. Short of a 1911, Glocks followed by M&Ps have the best triggers OEM in my highest opinion. Unless Kahr is making a new trigger variant, it's a heavy pull with a long reset.

I also consider both the G19 and 45c more reliable then my revolver. It's a myth that "revolvers never jam" (sorry - couldn't help myself there). Although I still appreciate wheelguns, the truth is a 9mm Glock will see much fewer issues over 50k rounds then most wheelguns.

To the OP, I'll get a pic up of the two guns side by side in a little bit. They are very close, but off memory I believe the 45c is longer. I personally think the 45c is the best sized model in SW's M&P lineup.

Thanks

nobody knows
12-09-11, 19:31
I own both the g19&M&P 45c. They are almost identical I terms of grip length, the m&p has a slightly longer slide. I think I have a picture of then stacked I will try and find it and post it later.

jp0319
12-09-11, 23:20
I own both the g19&M&P 45c. They are almost identical I terms of grip length, the m&p has a slightly longer slide. I think I have a picture of then stacked I will try and find it and post it later.

Thanks