PDA

View Full Version : New TV Show "Triggers: Weapons that changed the World"

rickp
12-08-11, 14:11
Anybody else watch the new show called "Triggers: Weapons that changed the world". They talked about the 1911.

I got a crack out of the USMC Firearms Instructor and his grip with the support hand index finger around the trigger guard. I won't even go into the other wrong manipulations I saw.

Yet another show that some new shooter will take to heart and replicate because a firearms instructor on Tv did it that way.

As far for the rest of the show, it seemed to get lost on the firearm history as opposed to just the 1911.

At the end of the day, nothing special I guess.

R.

markm
12-08-11, 14:18
The show was watchable... not that bad. It's another one of those shows where they have to cater the material to a viewer who doesn't now much.... but then it gets irritating for guys like us who eat and breath this stuff every day.

MCS
12-08-11, 14:22
The show was watchable... not that bad. It's another one of those shows where they have to cater the material to a viewer who doesn't now much.... but then it gets irritating for guys like us who eat and breath this stuff every day.

Agreed.

militarymoron
12-08-11, 14:25
please start threads in the appropriate section. this has nothing to do with 'AR general discussion'.

rickp
12-08-11, 14:40
please start threads in the appropriate section. this has nothing to do with 'AR general discussion'.

Shoot my bad, I didn't even notice. Can we move it, to 1911 forum?

As for the show, I agree.

C4IGrant
12-08-11, 15:33
I watched some of it. The gun handling (grip, etc) was poor.

The Alvin York segment wasn't very accurate either.

So I rate it a C-.

C4

Doc Safari
12-08-11, 15:48
R. Lee Ermey's firearms related show was miles ahead of this one. (The name escapes me at the moment).

Moose-Knuckle
12-08-11, 17:16
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92509

SteyrAUG
12-08-11, 17:29
R. Lee Ermey's firearms related show was miles ahead of this one. (The name escapes me at the moment).

Mail Call....and yes it was.