PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer SP2022

MikeT
12-09-11, 00:07
I am somewhat new to the pistol world and new to the M4 Carbine forum. I am looking for information on the Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm pistol. I have had one now for about five months and have run through just over 4000 rounds (Commercial UMC and Winchester). The recoil guide rod and spring have been replaced once. The information I am looking for is the following:

What is used for lube (Factory recommended or other)?

What is used for cleaning (Hoppes or other)?

What should be the expected life span of the weapon (Rounds fired before frame or slide fails)?

What to look for to detect impending failure of components?

Irish10
12-09-11, 00:42
Sig recommends a cleaner/lube called frog lube. Available on line only (Brownells or search). I use it and it's fantastic! Same thing for cleaning, it's a multi-purpose item like a majority gun lubes are.

Expected life span if it's taken care of properly, the right and not over powered ammo used should be 20,000 rounds or well more.

Just keep your eye out for any areas of high wear, you'll learn to know them and your factory manual is useful.

I would suggest visiting the Sig Forum. Lot's of good info and they discuss your gun quite bit on there. Good luck!!

anthony1
12-09-11, 03:02
I dont think it matters what cleaner/lube you use. Most the time l just use CLP on everything and sometimes grease on rails.

I've only had a sigpro for a few months so l dont know how long it will last. However all the reviews and forums l've read indicate the sigpros are a solid pistol. I honestly tried to find negative feedback and couldn't- other than random all new sigs suck type statements. From actual sigpro owners l couldn't find any reliability complaints. Sig forums has a ton of info and lots of people with 5-10k trouble free rounds fired.

Nephrology
12-09-11, 06:26
From what I know the SP2022 they are good guns. You can definitely expect well over 10k in the life of the pistol though some minor parts may need swapping out (Extractor pins springs etc)

I also think the SP series escaped the Cohen effect from what I know. They are really a great deal, it is just too bad they have limited aftermarket support.