PDA

View Full Version : State Specific Paperwork for SBR?

jrbrssrd
12-09-11, 10:50
I'm in the process of filling out the ATF Form 1's, getting fingerprint cards, etc. to SBR one of my lowers. Just out of curiosity I did a google search to see if I could get any feedback on CLEO sign off in my parish (I live in Louisiana). What I did find was a set of instructions on a state shooters forum (similar to the "how to sbr your lower" thread on this site) that made mention of filling out two additional forms, one to register as a firearms manufacturer, and another to register a firearm, that are to be submitted to the LA state police prior to filling out ATF paperwork.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I did a search on this forum and TOS and found no mention of any state specific paperwork. If anyone has any experience with NFA items in LA and knows of the state police paperwork, I'd like to hear about it, just for reassurance. Thanks.

Hydguy
12-15-11, 20:52
Your best bet is to go to your state website and look it up for yourself.

viperashes
12-16-11, 04:52
You are not manufacturing a firearm, you are 'making' one. Hydguy has it correct, I would check your state laws, but to become a firearms manufacturer, you would have to have an SOT. You, as a private citizen, federally, are allowed to 'make' an SBR as a non-manufacturer, I've had a few friends from LA Form 1 SBRs and have no issues like this.

Can you post a link to the information you're talking about? Maybe one of your fellow Louisianans has gone through the process and can help decipher.

jrbrssrd
12-20-11, 20:19
http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?8148-How-to-register-a-Short-Barrel-Rifle-in-Louisiana

Here is the forum thread I was talking about. Notice the links to the two LA specific forms. These are the ones that I am questioning. I've just never seen any mention of this anywhere else, so I wanted to hear from someone who had experience with the process in LA.