PDA

View Full Version : Eotech XPS2-O + 3x magnifier on LaRue/YHM mount question

krisjon
12-09-11, 12:02
I have an XPS2-0 and am looking into possibly getting the 3x magnifier soon. It will be mounted on a Noveske 14.5" middy upper.

My question is this: will the XPS2-0 and the magnifier both fit/mount together on either of the LaRue or YHM mounts? Are they long enough?

I know the XPS fits by itself (with room leftover because the current LaRue/YHM mounts were designed to fit the longer body Eotech 5XX series), but am curious if anyone is running a similar setup on either of these mounts?

Thanks!

BCmJUnKie
12-09-11, 12:50
What "Mounts" are you reffering to?

Your rifle being a mid length has nothing to do with mounting an optic/mag. to your upper reciever

An XPS with a magnifier will work fine, you might have trouble turning it on/off with it mounted, but there is room.

I ran that setup when I owned Eotech and it was fine.

krisjon
12-09-11, 12:58
More specifically, these riser mounts:

LaRue:
http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-eotech-qd-mount-lt-110

YHM:
http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_34&products_id=60&zenid=d04fbde0d4380695e88a1104da2cf836

And yes, I know my Noveske being a middy doesn't make any difference, but the question, "what are you putting it on?" seems to always come up.

BCmJUnKie
12-09-11, 13:04
Got ya. I was thinking the risers were what you were talking about but I didnt see them in your post

I cannot answer your question, I dont use risers.

Why may I ask do you want a riser? Why not just mount it up? Thats over $100 bucks!

I know that the magnifier will work if your optic is on a riser, it doesnt have to line up.

I do NOT know about space though.

krisjon
12-09-11, 14:00
I have a FSB up front and would like to 1/3 co-witness instead of absolute. It's just a personal choice to want the reticle slightly above my irons.

Right now, my XPS is absolute, but I want to make sure that if I get the 3x magnifier, they will both fit on the La Rue/YHM riser mount and 1/3 co-witness.

lt's really just a question of riser mount length with these two manufacturers.

BCmJUnKie
12-09-11, 14:06
I have a FSB up front and would like to 1/3 co-witness instead of absolute. It's just a personal choice to want the reticle slightly above my irons.

Right now, my XPS is absolute, but I want to make sure that if I get the 3x magnifier, they will both fit on the La Rue/YHM riser mount and 1/3 co-witness.

lt's really just a question of riser mount length with these two manufacturers.

Have you thought about going with Aimpoint?

Seems like it would save money and time.

I understand the lower 1/3, thats what I prefer too.

krisjon
12-09-11, 14:11
I have considered Aimpoint, but my Eotech is new and I actually prefer the more open sight view and reticle over the "tunnel and dot."

The YHM bracket is only like $40, so I may go with that one if XPS and magnifier fit on it. I agree, $100+ for the La Rue is a bit much to do what I want to do - but it is a quality mount.

BCmJUnKie
12-09-11, 14:29
Got ya, It all comes down to preference.

Sorry I couldnt help more.

glen
12-13-11, 07:46
The YHM riser is designed to mount the EOTech only.

I had one of these and mounted a magnifer and mount behind it. The riser had to be so far forward that part of it was on the upper and part of it bridged the gap to the free float rail.

The Larue riser has room for a magnifier on it but I dont have any experience with those.

krisjon
12-13-11, 11:44
The YHM riser is designed to mount the EOTech only.

I had one of these and mounted a magnifer and mount behind it. The riser had to be so far forward that part of it was on the upper and part of it bridged the gap to the free float rail.

The Larue riser has room for a magnifier on it but I dont have any experience with those.

Thanks, Glen. That's the kind of input I was looking for.

Anyone know if the XPS2-0 and the G23 magnifier can both fit on the LaRue 7mm riser then?

I know the G23 comes with a 7mm riser you can add, but I'm thinking I wouldn't need it if the LaRue would fit both, give me a 7mm rise all the way across and a single QR detach point.

glen
12-13-11, 16:42
Thanks, Glen. That's the kind of input I was looking for.

Anyone know if the XPS2-0 and the G23 magnifier can both fit on the LaRue 7mm riser then?

I know the G23 comes with a 7mm riser you can add, but I'm thinking I wouldn't need it if the LaRue would fit both, give me a 7mm rise all the way across and a single QR detach point.

I believe it will. That riser has two rail levels, a long one for the EO and a short higher one for the magnifier.

Larue makes a magnifier mount to fit that small section of rail on the riser. Am not sure if the rings that come with the magnifier will put it at the proper height.

krisjon
12-13-11, 16:53
Thanks again, Glen.

Looking at close up pic of that LaRue mount, it does have an additional riser section that's designed for the magnifier and co-witness. I think that answers my question and should be my solution.

Add another $125 to the tally on this gun. ;)

Cheers!

glen
12-19-11, 04:27
Glad you got it all sorted out :)