PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Company Is Rapidly Acquiring U.S. GunManufacturers

platoonDaddy
12-10-11, 01:48
Mystery Company Is Rapidly Acquiring U.S. Gun and Ammo Manufacturers

Reports that a mysterious company has been buying up U.S. gun manufacturers have been popping up on the internet for several months. When we first learned of the possibility that a single company was rapidly acquiring companies like Bushmaster, Remington, and Marlin Firearms we immediately suspected that something was amiss. Apparently, we were not alone, because others were thinking the same thing.

One rumor that popped up was that global financier George Soros, historically an anti-gun advocate, was behind the moves, and that he was positioning the gun industry to reduce pro-gun lobbying efforts. This prompted the National Rifle Association to step in to assure American gun owners that this wasn’t a behind the scenes coup. “The owners and investors involved are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and are avid hunters and shooters,” the NRA said in a statement.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/mystery-company-is-rapidly-acquiring-u-s-gun-and-ammo-manufacturers_12082011

montanadave
12-10-11, 02:15
Discussion of NYT article on same discussed here: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93479

and another thread discussing Marlin's quality control post Freedom Group acquisition: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93543&highlight=Freedom+Group

It's no "mystery group", just another big-ass Wall Street private equity firm looking to carve out a big chunk of the firearms market. Given the significant uptick in firearm and ammo sales since the Obama panic, it probably was a pretty shrewd business decision.

Like I commented in the other thread, Gordon Gecko might be the right guy to manage your investment portfolio, but I'm not sure I want him building my rifle.

Honu
12-10-11, 03:48
some other people have said they researched it and its a few wealthy conservative guys buying stock but no huge gun companies being bought out by a mystery firm etc.... and the whole thing is not really real ????

they had a blip on Glen Beck with NRA pres and said the same thing its kinda becoming a internet fake ?

just passing another side along I heard ? want to do some research as it sounds kinda iffy ????

platoonDaddy
12-10-11, 05:15
some other people have said they researched it and its a few wealthy conservative guys buying stock but no huge gun companies being bought out by a mystery firm etc.... and the whole thing is not really real ????

they had a blip on Glen Beck with NRA pres and said the same thing its kinda becoming a internet fake ?

just passing another side along I heard ? want to do some research as it sounds kinda iffy ????

yes it does sound hoaky, but I checked all the hoax sites and as of yet it hasn't raised a flag.

Is it a Trojan horse, I don't know, but certainly raises many red flags.

Iraqgunz
12-10-11, 05:58
Holy Tin Foil, Batman! It's not a mystery nor is it a conspiracy.