PDA

View Full Version : Chattahoochee Gun Works

BigBen66
12-10-11, 15:03
Was at a local gun show today and seen these guys. They are manufacturing their own uppers and lowers. They have some real good looking weapons. They are real knowledgable about their stuff. They are selling to local law enforcement and the military. Has anyone had any dealings with these guys ?

markm
12-10-11, 15:07
NO.......

austinN4
12-10-11, 15:13
They are selling to local law enforcement and the military.
You know this how?

BigBen66
12-10-11, 15:18
Have a friend on the local SO. They just bought 3 for SRT to try.

12-10-11, 15:22
I'll pass. The probability of them putting together a quality weapon that would be acceptable to the majority on this forum is quite low. How many manufacturer's have we seen come out only to disappoint?

Eurodriver
12-10-11, 15:29

You specifically said military. How do you know this? Is there a source for this information? I do not care what a Sheriff's office purchases because the bean counters usually involved in such decisions are influenced more by price and supporting local businesses than specifications of the weapons.

Edit: After looking at their website I am seeing they claim their barrels are CMV (4150?) and MPI tested.

But why would anyone pay $100 more for these untested, unproven rifles than what you can currently get a Colt 6920 for?

C4IGrant
12-10-11, 15:33
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=56063

C4

Iraqgunz
12-10-11, 16:12
Trying means absolutely nothing. In cases like this the dept. will get the weapon for free or at a substantially reduced price in order to make sales.

They are not selling anything to the military and whomever told you that is full of shit. You can direct them to me here if they want to question that.

I for one would not buy something from some local company with no established pedigree when there are established makers building quality stuff for almost the same price. YMMV

Littlelebowski
12-10-11, 16:19

The number of "Cooderville SWAT/SRT" teams around willing to endorse and have their picture taken out using in exchange for FREE TACTICAL SHIT is legion.

Quentin
12-10-11, 20:06
Don't know anything about them and probably never will.

But if you want local ... I do know there's another AR manufacturer in Georgia that DOES know what they're doing! :D

Tigereye
12-11-11, 07:30
I hope you'll do some reading on this forum and spend your money on a very good rifle. I tried to get one of my buddies to do the same about a year ago. He let an "expert" build him a gun and save him some money. When all was said and done, he ended up with a less than stellar upper and lower, BUIS, and several other parts that appeared to be used, along with a fake Aimpoint. He did check on this forum when I told him the Aimpoint was a fake. The guy at least replaced with a real Aimpoint. After all of this, he saved about $100 on what it would have cost him for a Daniel Defense or Colt with an Aimpoint.
Eric

Shabazz
12-11-11, 08:16
They are manufacturing their own uppers and lowers.

I strongly doubt it. They are buying them and assembling the parts.

Shabazz
12-11-11, 08:19
Their guns:

http://prostores4.megawebservers.com/cgunworks_com/-strse-5.56mm-Rifles/Categories.bok

Shane1
12-11-11, 10:59
They do not manufacturing their own lowers/uppers. They outsource them , then get them engragraved with thier logo's. I wouldnt call them a manufacturer, more of a assembler. Thier 'military' sales are sales to individual soldiers. I have looked at some of thier rifles. They shoot nice enough but so does Colt and BCM.

Littlelebowski
12-11-11, 12:33
theres a shocker. if it is over 2000 bucks these guys might like it.

Hello brainchild, we are all recommending known good manufacturers for about $100 over the price of this rifle. Did you fail math or reading in school? Both?

Shabazz
12-11-11, 14:22

1 post

Owner of chatahoochee gun works?

C4IGrant
12-11-11, 14:23

Nice try, but no. Most people on this forum are quite fond of the Colt 6920 (which can be had for $945).

Why do people think you need to spend $2k in order to get a quality gun??? Where does this stuff come from????

C4

DeltaKilo
12-11-11, 14:28
Hello brainchild, we are all recommending known good manufacturers for about $100 over the price of this rifle. Did you fail math or reading in school? Both?

He's using that new math, same stuff some of the politicians like to use. :D

DeltaKilo
12-11-11, 14:30
Nice try, but no. Most people on this forum are quite fond of the Colt 6920 (which can be had for $945).

Why do people think you need to spend $2k in order to get a quality gun??? Where does this stuff come from????

C4

The colt is a good gun, and there are a lot of rifles out there that come in under the $2k mark.

I think it comes down to the perception that expensive == quality. After all, if it costs a buttload, it MUST be good kit, right?

12-11-11, 15:28

I do not believe you have read extensively on this forum. Price is not the issue when it comes to rifles here. It is about performance. A 6920 will generally run around $1K and this rifle will take a beating and keep on going. Why buy an unknown gun for more money?

I love my 6920 and 6933. Would I like a KAC? Hell yeah, but it is a want, not a need. The KAC will not do anything much better than the 6920 but it is more expensive. Both are excellent weapons, but generally, the mindset on this board is why pay the diff. when a 6920 can perform the same mission just as well? But, buying a KAC does make sense in regards to it being a great gun that has performed well in hostile environments.

Buying a gun of unproven quality for the price of a KAC is something the vast majority of members here would not do.

Iraqgunz
12-12-11, 00:21
Here's another shocker. You are now on the radar. I suggest that you READ AND UNDERSTAND what has been posted first.

Spiffums
12-12-11, 19:42
You know this how?

My money is on they told him they do. I see some custom makers/builders (read guys who put a LPK in a lower and pin on an upper) at shows and some gun shops around here. Probably good guns for paper and maybe critters but not for SD/HD use.

KevinC
12-13-11, 09:04
I was at the same gun show and also seen their booth.

I hung around and listened to some "gun counter" banter for a minute. It seems like a company that has engraved their logo on uppers they bought from the "three" sources that actually make them and assemble them in a shop and sell at gun shows. Nothing different than the 100 other shops that do the same you find at every gun show you go to.

KevinC

RamadiRanger06
12-16-11, 13:00
We tend to google our name from time to time to see what kind of feed back we are getting from our customers...I can see from the lack of attention to detail in this thread that no one has actually even been to our site and checked out our rifles. www.cgunworks.com you may even learn that we use quite a bit of the products listed as sponsors to this site..

let us clear a few things up..Chattahoochee Gun Works, LLC is a veteran owned small business located in Phenix City Alabama. Our purpose is to provide the highest quality custom manufactured rifles available.

Our rifles are American made with the highest quality American made parts and are reliable for use in any situation from military and law enforcement, private security details, the competition shooter to the weekend hunter. Attention to detail, hand assembly, rigorous inspection, and test firing of every rifle ensures complete dependability.

No, we do not actually CNC our uppers and lowers on location, yes we do outsource them to an actual machine shop. However, we do own the rights, the patent and the variances for our receivers. On a good note, we like to think we have some of the tightest tolerances on the market. Our barrels are what sets us apart from "your average gun counter throwing LRPK's together" our Rock creek 5R blanks are turned by a world class gunsmith with decades of experience on military, and Olympic rifles. Yes we do sell to LE/MIL, no it is none of your business who these customers are or what they do. You can rest assured you will sleep well at night because they have some of the best rifles made.

Again, it is evident just from reading through the thread that most everyone that commented either loves colt, or never even checked out our site. We will offer 15% off any Solid Billet rifle, to whom ever wants to put their money where their mouth is. We offer 100% money back guarantee of course. Take some time researching young rifle companies, and do your country a favor and give them a shot.

RamadiRanger06
12-16-11, 13:14
Radar or not, we stand behind our products 100% with our lives, as well as others lives....our offer still stands

davidjinks
12-16-11, 13:20
We tend to google our name from time to time to see what kind of feed back we are getting from our customers...I can see from the lack of attention to detail in this thread that no one has actually even been to our site and checked out our rifles. www.cgunworks.com you may even learn that we use quite a bit of the products listed as sponsors to this site..

let us clear a few things up..Chattahoochee Gun Works, LLC is a veteran owned small business located in Phenix City Alabama. Our purpose is to provide the highest quality custom manufactured rifles available.

Our rifles are American made with the highest quality American made parts and are reliable for use in any situation from military and law enforcement, private security details, the competition shooter to the weekend hunter. Attention to detail, hand assembly, rigorous inspection, and test firing of every rifle ensures complete dependability.

No, we do not actually CNC our uppers and lowers on location, yes we do outsource them to an actual machine shop. However, we do own the rights, the patent and the variances for our receivers. On a good note, we like to think we have some of the tightest tolerances on the market. Our barrels are what sets us apart from "your average gun counter throwing LRPK's together" our Rock creek 5R blanks are turned by a world class gunsmith with decades of experience on military, and Olympic rifles. Yes we do sell to LE/MIL, no it is none of your business who these customers are or what they do. You can rest assured you will sleep well at night because they have some of the best rifles made.

Again, it is evident just from reading through the thread that most everyone that commented either loves colt, or never even checked out our site. We will offer 15% off any Solid Billet rifle, to whom ever wants to put their money where their mouth is. We offer 100% money back guarantee of course. Take some time researching young rifle companies, and do your country a favor and give them a shot.

Could you list the makers of your parts?

When you say "Tightest tolerances", what exactly do you mean by that?

Are you talking tight like Les Baer 1911 tight or are you talking tight as in being on the fine line of too much or tight as in everything gets put under a magnifying glass?

GeorgiaBoy
12-16-11, 13:52
Take some time researching young rifle companies, and do your country a favor and give them a shot.

You spent the whole post defending your company, but did not name a single thing that those here find important.

We don't care that your barrels are fine tuned by a "world renowned" gunsmith, we care if they are MPI/HPT and what steel they use, as well as what feed ramps.

We care if your gas keys are staked.

We care if your bolts are MPI/HPT.

We care if LPK is quality.

"Tight tolerances", being used by a few local police departments, and being purchased from a few military personnel for personal use does not mean anything. Show us PROOF that you have a military contract for anything; that it's "none of your business" also does not mean anything.

You really aren't helping your company out here.

RamadiRanger06
12-16-11, 14:19
You spent the whole post defending your company, but did not name a single thing that those here find important.

We don't care that your barrels are fine tuned by a "world renowned" gunsmith, we care if they are MPI/HPT and what steel they use, as well as what feed ramps.

We care if your gas keys are staked.

We care if your bolts are MPI/HPT.

We care if LPK is quality.

"Tight tolerances", being used by a few local police departments, and being purchased from a few military personnel for personal use does not mean anything. Show us PROOF that you have a military contract for anything; that it's "none of your business" also does not mean anything.

You really aren't helping your company out here.

R-15-B 16 3 Gun http://prostores4.megawebservers.com/cgunworks_com/-strse-108/CGW-dsh-15-3-Gun-16%22/Detail.bok

Solid Billet lower receiver with Chattahoochee Gun Works Logo laser engraved
Precision CNC machined from solid Billet aluminum
Hard Anodized Finish
Forged upper receiver
15" TRX EXTREME BATTLE RAIL
16" 5.56mm Stainless Steel Barrel
1 in 8 twist 5R rifling
5.56 Wylde Chamber
Extended Feed Ramps
Bead Blast Finish
1/2x28 threads
Mid Length Length Gas System
Low Profile gas block
MagPul PRS Stock
MAGPUL MIAD Pistol grip
Geissele SSA 2 Stage Trigger
Shot peened and MP/HP tested bolt with Wolff extractor spring
Auto bolt carrier with properly staked carrier key
VLtor charging handle
Barrel Extension: A4
Rifle-Buffer
SJC Titan Compensator

http://prostores4.megawebservers.com/cgunworks_com/-strse-15/CGW-dsh-15-B-10.5-R%2C/Detail.bok
CGW-15 Solid Billet Upper Receiver matched to lower receiver
CGW-15 Solid Billet Lower with pictograph fire control markings
Hard Anodized Finish on Upper and Lower receiver
Lower Receiver marked MULTI CAL
MAGPUL MIAD pistol grip
H2 Buffer
MAGPUL UBR Carbine stock

10.5" Noveske 5.56mm Stainless Barrel
1 in 7" twist polygonal rifling
Extended Feed Ramps
Bead blasted finish on barrel
Carbine length gas system
1/2x28 threads
9.28" free floated handguard w/ 1913 rails
Shot peened and MP tested bolt with wolff extractor spring
Forged charging handle
Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor

ITEM # DMR-B-20 http://prostores4.megawebservers.com/cgunworks_com/-strse-55/CGW-dsh-15-B-DMR-20%2C/Detail.bok

Solid Billet Upper Receiver matched to lower receiver
Solid Billet Lower with pictograph fire control marking
Hard Anodized Finish on Upper and Lower receiver
Lower Receiver marked MULTI CAL
Geissele SSA 2 Stage Trigger
MAGPUL Enhanced Trigger Guard (Aluminum)
Mil-Spec receiver extension
End Plate, Staked
H Buffer
Vltor iMod Carbine Stock
CGW-15 20" 5.56mm Stainless Steel Barrel
1 in 8" twist 5R rifling
5.56 Wylde Chamber
Extended Feed Ramps
Bead Blast Finish
Rifle Length Gas System
30 degree crown
1/2x28 threads
Aluminum Free floated handguard tube
Shot peened and MP/HP tested bolt with Wolff extractor spring
Forged charging handle
MAGPUL Flip-up front and rear sights

JSantoro
12-16-11, 14:33
be careful what you post on this thread, you dont want to end up on someones "radar" better just to let this die and let them talk about their colts.

If you wanna continue to post at all, give some thought to taking a step back and learning from having been caught passing bum scoop, or at least unbsubstantiated scoop. It's possible to do that without reading like a petulant kindergardner.

And, makers can do the country a favor by not claiming to have military contracts on boards populated by a few folks here and there who are directly involved in military small-arms and other weapons procurement programs. "....none of your business..." all of a sudden reads like a challenge, as it is, by definition, our business.

A particularly POOR challenge, for that matter, given that it's the 21st century and that it's easy to reach folks on the .mil GAL (program managers in MCSC IW, PEO Soldie, Crane, etc.) rand maybe ping a certain DoD SES or three, not to mention FedBizOpps.

It's "none of your business" when it's NOT being used to support commercial enterprise to the general public. If you cannot or will not back it up, then shut your jib.