PDA

View Full Version : M&P trigger bar assembly "MA compliant"

number1olddog
12-10-11, 17:00
So I just removed my internal lock and mag safety from my M&P .40. I ordered the factory sear housing with no ILS and no MS. I was cruising the internet and found that there is a regular trigger bar assembly and a MA compliant trigger bar assembly for the M&P. I obviously have a MA compliant trigger bar assembly in mine and it functions fine just like my M&P .40c non MA compliant. Question is, what is the difference in these two different types of trigger bars and will the one I have in mine now which in MA compliant work fine with the magazine safety removed?

m91196
12-11-11, 08:02
The MA guns have an Attorney General approved pull weight.
Feels like 15lbs.
Maybe that is how the ruin it?
These guns are a specific SKU, not sure why anyone would end up with one outside of MA on purpose

number1olddog
12-11-11, 08:52
Well mine doesn't have a MA trigger spring. I see that the MA approved trigger spring is red/black and mine is bronze. The gun functions nicely but I am not sure why they installed a internal lock and mag safety with a normal non MA trigger spring. It was test fired in november of this year so it came from the factory that way. I figured out that the MA approved trigger bar assembly is the same as a non factory MA trigger bar assembly with the exception of the red/black trigger spring.