PDA

View Full Version : Paypal "gift" option and caveat emptor...

SHIVAN
12-10-11, 17:13
I just noticed we had someone selling on our EE with terms set as paypal gift only.

You all can choose to do whatever you like, but I would highly recommend against this option in paypal. If for any reason, the person leaves you hanging, paypal views this option as a trusted person to whom you gifted the money, with no strings attached.

In other words, you are going to be out your cash. Period.

Don't do it. You've been warned.

If you read this, please bump it up with a response if you see it lingering down the front page.

Thanks.

SHIVAN
12-30-11, 19:00
I would just like to advise everyone that was following this thread, that one of the people asking for Paypal "gift" only payments has a complaint logged against them, in my PM box from a disgruntled buyer.

Seems the EoTech that he was shipped was a knockoff.

It's a shame this thread couldn't have stayed open for everyone to get the warning about it.

SHIVAN
12-31-11, 08:37
I re-opened this thread and sanitized the entire contents. It pisses me off that it was locked and one of our members might have been taken for a ride, because some people want to project their opinions on everyone else.

I am not posting this as an opinion, I am posting this as guidance for the people using our equipment exchange.

It is a warning.

I would appreciate this thread being bumped when someone runs across it who finds the content/warning useful.

Thanks all.

Safetyhit
12-31-11, 14:02
Thank-you for helping us out.

SHIVAN
01-01-12, 14:55
I highlighted a key phrase in the first post, because some were concerned that we might be looking to prescribe how to transact your personal business.

We're not doing that, and don't anticipate doing so in the future.

It's a fair warning, and an update illustrating that it can be an indicator of a scammer. Everyone is free to interpret however they like.