PDA

View Full Version : A Successful Career Thrown Away Over a Bottle Of Lube

Nightvisionary
12-11-11, 00:29
Wow, Im sure this stuff can be purchased privately by the gallon via the internet :eek: Talk about a complete failure of judgement and ethics. Wow just wow!

A Beaverton police lieutenant was cited last month in connection with shoplifting a $7.99 personal lubricant while off duty at a Hillsboro Safeway store, the Hillsboro Police Department reported

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro/index.ssf/2011/12/beaverton_police_lieutenant_ac.html

SteyrAUG
12-11-11, 01:02
Some people believe they are more special than the other animals.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-11-11, 02:20
Bad News: You get caught stealing lube,

The Worse News: Your wife realizes you never use it with her...

BCmJUnKie
12-11-11, 02:24

HAHAHA!!

montanadave
12-11-11, 09:46
A cop busted stealing lube?

I hope the ****ing this guy was getting was worth the ****ing he's gonna be getting.

Honu
12-11-11, 10:04

heheheh OH man thats a good one :) sadly with this guy might be true ?

warpigM-4
12-11-11, 10:32
Damn that is just pure stupid

HK51Fan
12-11-11, 19:20
I can't believe some dick would have continued pushing this once he found out this guy was a LT.

SteyrAUG
12-11-11, 22:16
I can't believe some dick would have continued pushing this once he found out this guy was a LT.

Am I understanding you correctly that you believe the charges should be dropped once they found out what he did for a living?

theblackknight
12-11-11, 22:46

Unless I'm missing something, you sir are part of the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-11-11, 22:50
I would have let it slide...

My guess is the guy was less than liked and this was as good of an excuse as any to get rid of him?

HK51Fan
12-11-11, 22:52
Let me clarify, if this guy made it to the level of LT, and he does not have priors, then I would have given him a break.

People do stupid shit, it's that in this day and age everyone is so ready to nail someone to the wall. There are plenty of famous americans throughout history who have either had a checkered past or have screwed up in some way that were given a second chance or allowed a "pass" by someone else. It's called compassion and I guarantee that it can be just as useful as punishment.

I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else in this world. That's all i'm saying. I did a dumbshit beer run when I was in college. The cop (a detective in plain clothes who happened to be in the store) and store clerk made a decision to give me a stern a talking to and a "pass". I am forever grateful of them for saving me the embarrasment, possible expulsion, and definite loss of my football scholarship that would have followed.

So yeah, that's what I'm saying.

montanadave
12-11-11, 22:53
What am I missing here?

Some of you think a grown man caught shoplifting **** lube should get a pass because he carries a badge?

Bullshit!

I get caught ripping off a store I get jammed up. If anything, a police officer should be held to a higher standard.

ST911
12-11-11, 22:54

This "dick" should be commended for upholding the standards imposed on every other citizen.

Just as with DUI, no one gets caught their first time. Who knows how many other times LT did this, and maybe even had an LP look the other way.

HK51Fan
12-11-11, 22:56
Unless I'm missing something, you sir are part of the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I didn't know that we had real live saint on this forum. please teach me how you've lived a full meaningful life and have never broken the law!

sometimes you pay it forward hoping that the guy you give a break to learns to do the same thing. It's not like he held the place at gun point. he was probably embarrased!

SWATcop556
12-11-11, 23:33
Holy shit are we really arguing the fact that the guy should be given a break for shoplifting because he was a cop or has rank?

Professional courtesy is one thing but being dumb enough to put dick lube in your pocket without paying and expect to just walk is idiotic.

We are citizens AND officers. We shouldn't get to play fast and loose with the law just because of a badge and gun.

If you're embarassed, take your purchase to the pharmacy where you have people stand back for privacy issues. Just like when you buy $100 worth of useless products just to "sneak" that box of condoms when you were 16.

Let IA handle it and take what comes to you.

All of that being said getting fired is a little extreme IMHO. A demotion or midnight shift patrols would be enough but it sounds like they were gunning for him for more than just axle grease.

Nightvisionary
12-11-11, 23:38
I didn't know that we had real live saint on this forum. please teach me how you've lived a full meaningful life and have never broken the law!

sometimes you pay it forward hoping that the guy you give a break to learns to do the same thing. It's not like he held the place at gun point. he was probably embarrased!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A command officer in a police department should be held to the highest standards of ethics and integrity. He IS the example for his officers and the public. His position should not be used to extract himself from sticky situations of his own doing.

Nightvisionary
12-11-11, 23:39
I would have let it slide...

My guess is the guy was less than liked and this was as good of an excuse as any to get rid of him?

I saw what you did there. And you thought you were being...slick.

ra2bach
12-12-11, 00:39

are you a cop?

SteyrAUG
12-12-11, 01:11
Let me clarify, if this guy made it to the level of LT, and he does not have priors, then I would have given him a break.

If the guy made it to LT, he had everything he needs to KNOW better. And I'm sure he arrested others for the same. If he were some MOH winner I could see giving him a break, but that would be up to the judge. Those who are tasked with upholding the law should actually be held to a higher standard.

People do stupid shit, it's that in this day and age everyone is so ready to nail someone to the wall. There are plenty of famous americans throughout history who have either had a checkered past or have screwed up in some way that were given a second chance or allowed a "pass" by someone else. It's called compassion and I guarantee that it can be just as useful as punishment.

They sure do. And they are held accountable for that stupid shit just like you and I if we were dumb enough to pull a similar stunt. There are LOTS of reasons to give a cop a pass. Speeding, cops drive fast and are expected to develop this kind of skill. An on the line questionable shooting, they got a tough job so if it looks like the cop thought he was shooting someone armed when they weren't, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Stealing, even something minor? No ****ing way. If anyone should know better it is a cop.

I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else in this world. That's all i'm saying. I did a dumbshit beer run when I was in college. The cop (a detective in plain clothes who happened to be in the store) and store clerk made a decision to give me a stern a talking to and a "pass". I am forever grateful of them for saving me the embarrasment, possible expulsion, and definite loss of my football scholarship that would have followed.

I can see giving you a pass, cops have that discretion. I can't see a regular cop, let alone a LT, making the same decision to be a criminal. That is why we give them the task of enforcing the law and exercising their discretion.

It's the difference between a PFC doing something stupid that gets a person killed and an officer doing something stupid that gets a person killed. Same result, one is much worse.

SteyrAUG
12-12-11, 01:16
Holy shit are we really arguing the fact that the guy should be given a break for shoplifting because he was a cop or has rank?

Professional courtesy is one thing but being dumb enough to put dick lube in your pocket without paying and expect to just walk is idiotic.

We are citizens AND officers. We shouldn't get to play fast and loose with the law just because of a badge and gun.

If you're embarassed, take your purchase to the pharmacy where you have people stand back for privacy issues. Just like when you buy $100 worth of useless products just to "sneak" that box of condoms when you were 16.

Let IA handle it and take what comes to you.

All of that being said getting fired is a little extreme IMHO. A demotion or midnight shift patrols would be enough but it sounds like they were gunning for him for more than just axle grease.

Thank you.

As for getting fired, if that happens it won't be for shoplifting so much as making the department look really bad.

PdxMotoxer
12-12-11, 04:26
Gotta LOVE when something close to home makes news..
:bad:

Thumbs up for the protester getting maced in the face here
and now thumbs down for one of our officers stealing.

Abraxas
12-12-11, 05:42

I'm not perfect and neither is anyone else in this world. That's all i'm saying. I did a dumbshit beer run when I was in college. The cop (a detective in plain clothes who happened to be in the store) and store clerk made a decision to give me a stern a talking to and a "pass". I am forever grateful of them for saving me the embarrassment, possible expulsion, and definite loss of my football scholarship that would have followed.

Personally speaking I tend to think worse of other officers who do stuff like this. You are right we all have our moments, but this is not my wife left me, I got drunk and peed in the parking lot, or I am a college kid out ****ing off not thinking. This is one of the times I think he should be hammered BECAUSE he is a cop. It is one thing for average Joe, but it is worse for someone who is supposed to be enforcing the laws.

ICANHITHIMMAN
12-12-11, 06:10
Held to a higher standard I agree 100%. I dont want him backing me up.

Irish
12-12-11, 09:11
I can see cutting a break for some dumb kid, or a person in general, doing dumb shit or someone actually breaking one of thousands of laws they had no clue about. Even cops should be given leeway over 1/2 the dumbshit laws we have. But, this guy and his position of authority and how long he's been on the police force? No way.

On. Nov. 21, Lt. Dean J. Meisner, 53 years old, was cited on an accusation of third-degree theft, said Lt. Mike Rouches, a Hillsboro police spokesman. Rouches said Meisner is a 24-year veteran of the Beaverton Police Department.

ST911
12-12-11, 09:43
I'll say this again: People don't get caught doing this their first time. At his stage of life, it's highly likely that LT has been engaged in similar behavior for some time.

It's also symptomatic of other underlying issues. Read up on the psychology of stealing, and the offender typologies.

He may be able to salvage his career. Other cops have. He should immediately accept responsibility and consequences, and seek professional counseling. He may be worth saving. He may not.

markm
12-12-11, 10:58
It would have been worth it if it were FROGLUBE!! :D