PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone put the Beretta Nano thru its paces yet?

maddawg5777
12-11-11, 12:34
Hey guys, my wife is hooked on the new Nano but im skeptical since its a new release and its not a 92 lol. Ive seen the video on youtube but then again its from a Beretta rep.

So as the title states, has anyone ran this gun hard yet? Thanks in advance.

jdavis6576
12-12-11, 08:17
There is a very long thread on Sigforum.com about this pistol but I haven't taken the time to read all 10+ pages. As I recall, one of the posters put a few hundred rounds through one on his first outing without issue but that's hardly a ringing endorsement. I believe the thread is stickied at the top of the pistols sub-forum. May or may not be worth your time to check it out.

NorthDakota
12-12-11, 16:14
Local GS has one on the shelf. I was underwhelmed. It's taller than I thought it would be...seems solid though...I understand it's built for the .40 from the ground up. Would prefer it to have a slide release lever vs. having to slingshot to release the slide (nice to have that option).

I personally would stay with G26 or go to KAHR CM9 for true pocket carry.

zen_grasshopper
12-12-11, 16:31
Reports of failures to extract with lower powered ammo like Winchester white box over at the beretta forum. But I have no first hand knowledge.

ukhayes
12-12-11, 16:45
The main review is on the first page. Very good review with side/side size comparisons. Other reviews follow in the thread and all positive with accurate first hand experience as oppossed to a bunch of "I've heards".

maddawg5777
12-13-11, 15:14
Thanks for the input guys, im still trying to talk her into a glock 19:p.

blackgt85
12-13-11, 19:21
Various threads over at the Beretta Forum.....

http://berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Justin

skyugo
12-14-11, 07:31
i had high hopes for the nano.... guess I'll be sticking with the j-frame after all.

SWAT Lt.
12-14-11, 07:37
I handled one at a LGS and was unimpressed.

JHC
12-14-11, 08:34
I handled one at a LGS and was unimpressed.

Same here. As NorthDakota said above - this thing sits TALL. The Kimber Solo I handled was much much nicer. Now if those will run well, they will dominate.

cocojo
12-14-11, 19:55
I just purchased the nano and qualified with the gun for leosa quals along with my Glock 19. Shot just as good as my Glock 19. I had no problems with my gun and i ran all kinds of ammo through it 115, 124 and 147. My gun loved the S&B 115 one hole groups. Trigger is not bad nor was the recoil. I like the gun but I can't find any holsters for it yet out there. Want a ankle holster from Galco for it.

CleverNickname
12-14-11, 22:17
I have one and I'm happy with it so far. It FTE's with Federal 115 grain FMJ but it hasn't had a problem with anything else (Fiocchi and S&B 115 grain FMJ and my Winchester Ranger 127 grain carry rounds). It does sit a bit high but I can live with that.

rathos
12-14-11, 23:44
My gun store has them. $399.99 selling price. Trigger is pretty good, feels a lot like a kahr trigger, just a tad heavier. I have a hard time not walking out the door with one every night. From looking at manuals they can pretty much be completely taken apart with a small allen wrench, so far my boss won't let me attempt it on one of the store owned guns, although I did take off the sites just as a test.

If I didn't already have a boat load of Kahr mags and access to wholesale prices I wouldn't hesitate to own the nano.

maddawg5777
12-15-11, 11:35
Thanks for all the input, checked out the Beretta forum and it seems they are having an FTE issue so ill make sure my wife passes on this one for now.

bigkracka
12-16-11, 01:34
Lots of FTE's, almost 2oz heavier than the Kahr PM9 and no night sights. I'm sticking with my PM9. I was excited about the Nano and was going to buy one, not anymore.

ShipWreck
12-16-11, 13:26
I have one and I'm happy with it so far. It FTE's with Federal 115 grain FMJ but it hasn't had a problem with anything else (Fiocchi and S&B 115 grain FMJ and my Winchester Ranger 127 grain carry rounds). It does sit a bit high but I can live with that.

Several people have reported issues with Federal wal-mart ammo in their Beretta 92s. I personally quit using it early this year, and have no had a single problem with any of my Berettas since.

I'd personally not attribute the gun to any issue with that particular ammo.. Just my 2 cents

phenom00
12-17-11, 06:32
Picked one up for my fiance a few weeks ago. So far it has run fine with about 600 rounds through it. After a quick degreasing I started out by putting 200 rounds of 124gr speer gold dot I got from work. Then 100 of winchester white box, followed by 300 of mixed wally ammo such as federal and tulammo. So far it has run fine, softer shooting than my glock 26. Much easier to shoot than any of the small 9mm such as the pf9, lc9, and kahr pm9. Build quality if very good, but as some mentioned it sits a bit taller than many of the others. My fiance found that although she is able to shoot the glock 19 faster and more comfortably, she is much more likely to carry the nano because of its size. I was also able to use a $50 rebate from Berretta so the nano only cost me $350