PDA

View Full Version : my new purchase

roboa89
12-11-11, 12:59
Well I went to a local gunshow today in hopes of maybe picking up a couple of pmags, however I ended up leaving with a used gen. 3 glock 19. It is used but is in good condition. Is there anything to double check over before I take it out to shoot? I've owned a glock 27 but sold it, because I found it to be too difficult to shoot well being sub-compact and the recoil in comparison to its size.

Nephrology
12-11-11, 15:34
Just go shoot it. If there are problems you'll see them there but I confident it will run well. Enjoy your new gun.

Also, if you do enjoy your Glock 19, consider a Glock 26 as a companion. I enjoy shooting my Glock 26 quite a bit - I have never however enjoyed .40 out of Glocks and cant imagine that would be a fun round to shoot out of a subcompact glock.

12-11-11, 15:35
Break it down and clean the shit out of it. Yeah, yeah we all know about cleaning, but upon purchase of a used gun, I like to clean the **** out of it so I can really see if there are any cracks, pitting, etc. If no visible issues, shoot the shit out of it several sessions to see if any issues pop up. G19's are excellent weapons. Enjoy. If issues come up, let us know and maybe someone can help. Also, there are several members here that are master 'smiths so help is always just a package shipment away. GotM4(Robb J.) is the man. He has done work for many of us.

roboa89
12-11-11, 17:48
Thanks, I spent allot of time here on m4 getting a feel for what is good and what is a waste of money. I cleaned it this evening and everything seems gtg. I was wondering if glock ever drilled a lanyard hole in their backstraps? Mine has one and I can't remember seeing them on any other 19's that I've looked at. It is a clean hole for a lanyard, just didn't know if it was done sometime after it was manufactured.

Magsz
12-11-11, 17:53
Robo,

Yessir, lanyard hole will be present.

roboa89
12-11-11, 18:57
Thanks for the replies, hopefully I can break away one day this week and shoot it. Got 300 Remington bulk pack to run through it. I'll post how it goes, hopefully with some pictures.

Aaron_B
12-11-11, 19:30
As stated before, clean really good and then shoot the hell out of it. I have 2 G19s and a G17, love them all. The issues with a the G19s will be present if you have any.

bondmid003
12-11-11, 21:48
Nothing like a trip to the gunshow with the intent to buy only ammo or supplies and you walk away with a new gun :D

Dirknar
12-11-11, 22:17
Congrats on the G19, one of the finest pistols to own.. Shoot the holy crap out of it and report back..

Brimstone
12-11-11, 22:38
Nothing like a trip to the gunshow with the intent to buy only ammo or supplies and you walk away with a new gun :D

I have seriously had to limit my gun show attendance due to this. I always end up spending money on something I never intended. Hard to pass up a good deal.

Congrats on the new pistol.

SWATcop556
12-11-11, 22:55
Break it down and clean the shit out of it. Yeah, yeah we all know about cleaning, but upon purchase of a used gun, I like to clean the **** out of it so I can really see if there are any cracks, pitting, etc. If no visible issues, shoot the shit out of it several sessions to see if any issues pop up. G19's are excellent weapons. Enjoy. If issues come up, let us know and maybe someone can help. Also, there are several members here that are master 'smiths so help is always just a package shipment away. GotM4(Robb J.) is the man. He has done work for many of us.

Sound advice. Give it a good cleaning or take it to a certified Glock armorer for a look-over. Few people remember to inspect the mags on a used firearm as well as most of your issues will come from mag problems especially regarding the good Gen3 G19's. Make sure you have the newest follower and that the feedlips are in good shape. Also run some good training ammo and carry ammo through it before you start dumping bulk packaged ammo through it. Some weapon malfunctions that are ammo related can be diagnosed when good ammo works but shit bulk ammo has issues. Enjoy the new purchase. The Gen3 G19 is my favorite carry piece.

duece71
12-12-11, 06:07

Yep, been there done that only it was at my LGS. Happens every once in a while........thankfully.