PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk CR123A batteries

C4IGrant
12-04-07, 17:26
For a long time I have known that SF does NOT make their own batteries. The SF batteries are considered by many to be one of the very best on the market. The problem with them is that they tend to be on the costly side ($1.75 a battery).

So after a lot of research, I have found the maker of the SF battery. It is Panasonic. These batteries have an impressive capacity of 1550 mAh! Most of your other batteries (read cheaper) have a capacity between 1200-1400 mAh.

The Panasonic batteries cost $1.50, which saves you .25 a battery. ;)

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Panasonic%20CR123A.jpg

Erick Gelhaus
12-04-07, 18:10
Do you have a source?

C4IGrant
12-04-07, 19:40
Do you have a source?

For the batteries?

C4

Paulinski
12-04-07, 21:07
Grant

Are you going to stock them? I'm about to order few things of your site and wouldn't mind a few of those batteries.

Paul

sonrider657
12-04-07, 21:09
BrightFlashlights.com (http://www.BrightFlashlights.com) sells American-Made Energizer CR123A's for $17.75 per dozen delivered. That works out to $1.48 per cell delivered to your door.

That's the best deal I've found and Energizers work as well or better than Surefires.

Erick Gelhaus
12-04-07, 23:00
Grant-
Yes, I was asking if you had a source for the batteries.

Thank you,
Erick

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 09:26
Grant

Are you going to stock them? I'm about to order few things of your site and wouldn't mind a few of those batteries.

Paul

We have started to stock them.

C4

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 09:32
BrightFlashlights.com (http://www.BrightFlashlights.com) sells American-Made Energizer CR123A's for $17.75 per dozen delivered. That works out to $1.48 per cell delivered to your door.

That's the best deal I've found and Energizers work as well or better than Surefires.

Not as good as the Panasonic battery. The capacity of the Energizer CR123A is only 1300mAh.

C4

MR.J
12-05-07, 09:41
Grant you sent me some free CR123A batterys(Thanks) they are orange and called POW Power ,what are their capacity?, and how long can i keep them stored ,10 yrs ?They are of good quality i assume right?

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 09:46
Grant you sent me some free CR123A batterys(Thanks) they are orange and called POW Power ,what are their capacity?, and how long can i keep them stored ,10 yrs ?They are of good quality i assume right?

1400 is their capacity and they do have a 10yr shelf life. Quality is very good IMHO. I have stopped stocking them though as I have found a better battery with the Panasonic.

C4

MR.J
12-05-07, 10:00
1400 is their capacity and they do have a 10yr shelf life. Quality is very good IMHO. I have stopped stocking them though as I have found a better battery with the Panasonic.

C4

Are these selling( Panasonic.)in boxes of 10,20,ect?

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 10:10
Are these selling( Panasonic.)in boxes of 10,20,ect?

They are loose. So you can buy as many or as few as you like.

C4

MR.J
12-05-07, 10:16
They are loose. So you can buy as many or as few as you like.

C4

Cool, also are these on your web site? as i tryed to find them but the only batterys i have seen are the surefires.Also i see you carry Aimpoint Batteries do you have these in stock?

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 10:18
Cool, also are these on your web site? as i tryed to find them but the only batterys i have seen are the surefires.

Not yet, but should be up later today. They will be under the gear by catagory section, batteries.

C4

MR.J
12-05-07, 10:19
Also i see you carry Aimpoint Batteries do you have these in stock?

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 10:21
Also i see you carry Aimpoint Batteries do you have these in stock?

Yes.

C4

Harv
12-05-07, 10:25
It's funny, but I posted in a thread over at TOS a year or so ago about different brands of batteries all coming off the same production line. And I was told that it does not happen.

I have been in manufacturing for well over 17 yrs and it is quite common to see multible SKU's roll off the same line with a different Indentifying label.

I always figured that some one was printing the SF battery covers and slapping them on to a production line of Batt's that probably sees several different brands all made from the same battery. Production efficiencies and competing in a global market requires this if you want to stay in business

I stopped Buying SF batts after they started upping ther price.They started out with a good theory about providing cheap batt's so you could buy more flashlights.. but obviously they lost that mantra some where along the way.

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 11:49
It's funny, but I posted in a thread over at TOS a year or so ago about different brands of batteries all coming off the same production line. And I was told that it does not happen.

I have been in manufacturing for well over 17 yrs and it is quite common to see multible SKU's roll off the same line with a different Indentifying label.

I always figured that some one was printing the SF battery covers and slapping them on to a production line of Batt's that probably sees several different brands all made from the same battery. Production efficiencies and competing in a global market requires this if you want to stay in business

I stopped Buying SF batts after they started upping ther price.They started out with a good theory about providing cheap batt's so you could buy more flashlights.. but obviously they lost that mantra some where along the way.

I am finding out that Panasonic makes batts for a lot of well known companies.

C4

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 11:50
The Panasonic CR123A's are now on our website!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=CR123A

C4

edwin907
12-05-07, 16:34
The Panasonic CR123A's are now on our website!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=CR123A

C4

Outstanding, I'll be sure to add some to my order this evening.

As always, thanks C4!

Edwin

C4IGrant
12-05-07, 16:44
Outstanding, I'll be sure to add some to my order this evening.

As always, thanks C4!

Edwin

Your welcome and glad I could help.

C4

DANGER CLOSE
01-01-08, 10:19
does anybody know about some batteries call 'command batteries'. i have a listing from them from one of my distributors. i would like to know about the quality and a website from the manufacturer would be cool. my google-fu isnt with it today.:(

TheGhostRider
01-02-08, 06:45
does anybody know about some batteries call 'command batteries'. i have a listing from them from one of my distributors. i would like to know about the quality and a website from the manufacturer would be cool. my google-fu isnt with it today.:(

This is all I can find about "Command Batteries".
http://www.copsplus.com/commandproducts.php
Made in China is all I can find about them.

I think Grant is offering the best deal. Panasonic batteries are some of the best on the market.

DANGER CLOSE
01-02-08, 16:36
thanks for the info. i am going to try a set to see how they work. i have been selling the pentagon light and streamlight ones. maybe i will just stick to them. the deal they got going for the panosonic is really a great deal.

pearson
01-05-08, 16:58
hey C4 what is shipping like from your website if i wanted lets say 20 batteries

SuicideHz
01-05-08, 18:04
I was wondering what happened to those Battery Station batteries you used to carry- did these take their place?

David Thomas
01-05-08, 19:00
hey C4 what is shipping like from your website if i wanted lets say 20 batteries

I just ordered 24 of these batteries from Grant along with two Surefire X300's. He shipped 26 batteries with my order. I call that great customer service.

Your UPS man should be able to handle 20 batteries.

pearson
01-05-08, 19:12
what i am referring to is that if shipping is x amount i can get them here in town less expensive and with no wait.

Tom_Jones
01-05-08, 22:44
deleted

SuicideHz
01-05-08, 23:14
The answer is NO you cannot. Any battery sold in a local store will be $3 each and Duracell or Energizer.

SHIVAN
01-05-08, 23:22
what i am referring to is that if shipping is x amount i can get them here in town less expensive and with no wait.

Maybe you could. His shipping is $7 for something like 20 batteries.

Can your local price beat $37 for 20 batteries?? That's $1.85 per battery delivered.

I doubt any retailer is selling them below $2 each locally.

David Thomas
01-05-08, 23:28
Maybe you could. His shipping is $7 for something like 20 batteries.

Can your local price beat $37 for 20 batteries?? That's $1.85 per battery delivered.

I doubt any retailer is selling them below $2 each locally.

Correct.
And if you buy locally, don't forget about sales tax, either.
Plus, Grant ships fast and offers great deals on other cool gear you can buy at the same time - still $7 shipping. If you need batteries that fast, you should have already bought some.

rhino
01-06-08, 00:14
Okay . . . after a little experience with the Panasonic CR123A batteries, I am now "sold" on them.

One of the lights on my house gun was noticeably dimmer than the other (both are identical 9V Pelicans). I figured the batteries might be about to kick the bucket, but since I've barely used them, I thought it was odd. I had some in the compartment of my buttstock, so I decided to use those first. Unfortunately, not only were those batteries nearly dead, they were also falling apart. They were unused and had been in the stock for maybe half a year after buying them new.

I replaced the cheaper batteries with three of the Panasonics and the increase in illumination was dramatic.

Thinking about it, I've had problems lately with my batteries just crapping out in my lights after very little or no use. I thought maybe I was inadvertantly pressing the tailcaps throughout the day, but now I'm thinking the batteries were just crap.

Maybe I've just received bad batches of the cheaper batteries, but if the lights are not as bright with them "new" and they die prematurely, I think maybe I'm not saving any money with $1 Chinese batteries packaged for a vendor with their name on the outside.

Until I find something better, I'm sticking with the Panasonics in any of my lights that might be used for an emergency. I'm going to use my remaining cheapies for lights I use around the house or cameras.

pearson
01-06-08, 09:34
thank you Tom_Jones i did not see that part of the sight with the shipping

C4IGrant
01-06-08, 12:18
I was wondering what happened to those Battery Station batteries you used to carry- did these take their place?

They were not BT batteries. They were Titanium batteris. I replaced them with the Panasonic's as they have more power for about the same price.

C4

C4IGrant
01-06-08, 12:19

You will also pay tax.

C4