PDA

View Full Version : CR Speed belt

gibbens89
12-12-11, 17:55
I just purchased one of these today, and realized that i'm going to have to change my raven concealment holster belt size. Could anyone tell me what the width of the belt is on the outside belt. I'm looking to rig the holster on the outside of it.

Thanks for your help

Pax
12-12-11, 21:59
CR Speed belts are 1.5". Standard RCS belt loops are 1.5". You dont need to change anything if you have the standard, fixed OWB loops. If you have IWB loops or J Hooks or something, obviously just order a set of 1.5" loops.

eta: Also, theyre thick ass belts. I bet youll be able to just shove the CR Speed belt through the RCS loops. But if you cant, dont worry. Kydex belt loops are just about the easiest thing to make in the world.

RCSMichael
12-12-11, 22:48
I just purchased one of these today, and realized that i'm going to have to change my raven concealment holster belt size. Could anyone tell me what the width of the belt is on the outside belt. I'm looking to rig the holster on the outside of it.

Thanks for your help

gibbens89-

Pax is correct. The thickness (not width) of the CR belt is likely the cause for the difficulty you're experiencing threading it through the belt loops.

Shoot us an email at gearinfo@ravenconcealment.com and I'll send you an alternate set of loops to try.

gibbens89
12-12-11, 23:35
Michael,
Thank you for you response. I placed my order back on October 23, so I am still waiting on my order. This was just a premature concern to fitting the belt and how I wanted to set it up. But when I receive them both, I will be sure to let you know how it fits.

Failure2Stop
12-13-11, 11:02
If you are competing with a CR Speed belt, just get a holster that matches the competition.

Raven is great, but there are faster holsters more suited to the application of "Win Competition", where Raven and similar are more in the "Win Gunfight" camp.

gibbens89
12-13-11, 18:26
No, the belt is not for competition. I was just looking for a sturdy/thick belt for my holster and a extra magazine. I was looking to wear this on the outside of my pants, not through the belt loops. I would consider another holster, but no other fit my criteria for a holster (lefty, P30, surefire x300, good reputation).

Nick S
12-15-11, 23:48
I have used a CR Speed belt extensively for competition (3G) shooting. In my opinion they are great belts however it doesn't seem like the best choice for your stated purpose.

You really need the inner belt threaded through belt loops and securely fastened then have the outer belt locked up on the velcro to create a stable platform for your holster, mag carriers etc. Also, most people in the 3G world fasten them in the back so the overlapping free running ends don't interfere with shotshell carriers etc and have less of a chance of getting pulled apart.

Good luck.

Nick

Boxerglocker
12-16-11, 09:04
No, the belt is not for competition. I was just looking for a sturdy/thick belt for my holster and a extra magazine. I was looking to wear this on the outside of my pants, not through the belt loops. I would consider another holster, but no other fit my criteria for a holster (lefty, P30, surefire x300, good reputation).

Your gonna use this rig for everyday carry? You might want to look into a Wilderness tactical 5-stitch with stiffener.