PDA

View Full Version : Engraving a painted lower?

rushca01
12-12-11, 18:00
Has anybody ever had their already painted lowered engraved? I have a lower I am thinking about doing a form 1 on but it's painted with Aervoe paint. I didn't know if when they engrave it with the laser if it will "burn" the paint in a wierd way...maybe dumb question but I am curious.

buddyhoohaw
12-12-11, 18:57
I'm not exactly sure how aervo paint will turn out, however I had a lower laser engraved that was cerakoted and it turned out quite poorly as the laser basically chipped of the cerakote when burning the letters. It is still legible just not pretty.

Cheers

scoutfsu99
12-12-11, 19:15
I had mine engraved after it was painted with zero problems. I used Orion Arms and Aervoe paint. Sending you a PM w/ a pic.

rushca01
12-12-11, 19:23
I had mine engraved after it was painted with zero problems. I used Orion Arms and Aervoe paint. Sending you a PM w/ a pic.

Thanks for the PM, looks good. I used Ident Marking Services for my last lower which turned out good, I have heard good things about Orion as well.

I'm glad I asked, didn't think about the chipping being a problem. Sounds like cerakote isn't as "soft" as Aervoe...?

scoutfsu99
12-12-11, 19:30
That would be my guess. It's just rattle can so I wouldn't expect it to be as durable as cerakote. It wears just using the rifle:cool: