PDA

View Full Version : Considering a .308 AR Precision Rifle

RD62
12-12-11, 18:32
Hey Guys.

I sold my Remington 700 PSS .308 a couple of years ago when I began to get heavier into AR's. I have recently been desiring to pick up another .308 precision type rifle, but am leaning more towards an AR pattern.

I have been looking at the LMT MWS, Noveske N6, and Larue OBR all in the 18" versions and wondered how these compared to each other. All three manufacturers all have great reputations and all are pretty similarly priced. I've been leaning toward the Noveske or MWS and most heavily toward the LMT with it's military service.

Having no time on any of these three rifles nor really any experience with precision type auto loaders, I was hoping to glean some insight into these three rifles and anything I should consider when making a decision from those of you with more experience with these rifles.

Are there any other makes/models I should consider along with these?

ryr8828
12-12-11, 18:36
DPMS .308's have a good reputation for their accuracy. You're talking about a precision rifle and not a fighting rifle, but I'm sure I'll get flamed for my recommendation. I have 2 of them and they are accurate.

DeltaSierra
12-12-11, 18:57
DPMS .308's have a good reputation for their accuracy. You're talking about a precision rifle and not a fighting rifle, but I'm sure I'll get flamed for my recommendation. I have 2 of them and they are accurate.

DPMS is junk, and the OP didn't ask about DPMS....

OP, I don't own any of the rifles that you mention, but the one thing I would suggest it that you should decide which pattern of magazines you want to use, and that will narrow down the options somewhat.

If you want KAC pattern magazines (one of my criteria for the .308 AR that I want to buy) that narrows it down to the LMT or the Larue. If you want Armalite pattern magazines, the Noveske would be the way to go.

lengthofpull
12-12-11, 19:05
A couple things to consider:

1. SHOT is in January. Who knows what kinds of new goodies will come out from the companies you have mentioned? Maybe others will get in the 308 AR game as well.

2. Wait for the Colt 901 to come out. Right now it just has a 16" barrel (and from what I have read a proprietary barrel nut) which probably isn't what you want, but I am sure third parties will figure out how to put a nice long stainless barrel in them. Then you'd have a monolithic .308 AR made by a known, quality manufacturer for likely less than you'd spend on a LMT MWS or a Noveske N6

Just a few things to consider....

ryr8828
12-12-11, 19:07
]DPMS is junk, and the OP didn't ask about DPMS....
[/B]

OP, I don't own any of the rifles that you mention, but the one thing I would suggest it that you should decide which pattern of magazines you want to use, and that will narrow down the options somewhat.

If you want KAC pattern magazines (one of my criteria for the .308 AR that I want to buy) that narrows it down to the LMT or the Larue. If you want Armalite pattern magazines, the Noveske would be the way to go.

The original poster said

Are there any other makes/models I should consider along with these?

You said

I don't own any of the rifles that you mention,

Let's try to stay on an even keel here. He wants advice and not innuendo.

DeltaSierra
12-12-11, 19:31
Let's try to stay on an even keel here. He wants advice and not innuendo.

Fine.

I don't own any of the rifles he mentioned (and I didn't want him to think that I did,) but I did have a constructive tidbit for him to think about, unlike the DPMS recommendation.

DPMS rifles are known to have serious issues (in one case, a friend of mine, and a fellow marksmanship instructor at the time, had a shooter with a brand new DPMS on the range. The rifle began having serious issues with the trigger not resetting after about 500 rounds. After taking the rifle down, he noticed aluminum chips in the fire control group, and located the source of the problem in the upper receiver. The bolt carrier was biting into the upper receiver an taking pretty huge chunks out of it, which were falling into the lower, and jamming things up) and aren't really known for being all that accurate in the grand scheme of things....

ryr8828
12-12-11, 19:41
Fine.

I don't own any of the rifles he mentioned (and I didn't want him to think that I did,) but I did have a constructive tidbit for him to think about, unlike the DPMS recommendation.

DPMS rifles are known to have serious issues (in one case, a friend of mine, and a fellow marksmanship instructor at the time, had a shooter with a brand new DPMS on the range. The rifle began having serious issues with the trigger not resetting after about 500 rounds. After taking the rifle down, he noticed aluminum chips in the fire control group, and located the source of the problem in the upper receiver. The bolt carrier was biting into the upper receiver an taking pretty huge chunks out of it, which were falling into the lower, and jamming things up) and aren't really known for being all that accurate in the grand scheme of things....

Was it a .308?

DeltaSierra
12-12-11, 19:55
Was it a .308?

Yes, it was.

ryr8828
12-12-11, 19:59
Yes, it was.
That would definitely be a problem and one of which I haven't heard before.

BTW, I don't work for dpms.

And since I bought my scar 17 I'm thinking of selling at least one of my 2 dpms .308 rifles. Maybe both. I have too many .308 rifles.

I still stand by my accuracy claim.

duece71
12-12-11, 20:01
I would throw in a vote for the LMT (proud owner) but the Colt is going to be worth waiting for. I am not sure if my LMT could be called precision, possibly. KAC, Larue, I would love to have one or both but it is out of my price league right now.

RD62
12-12-11, 21:33
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

DPMS is not a consideration.

Actually the magazine issue is a good point and I didn't realize the Noveske was not compatible with the 7.62 PMag. I'd prefer the KAC pattern mags.

If I decide to go with the MWS it would be with the 18" 5R SS Barrel. The 5R barrel is pretty pricey. Would you consider it's performance on par with that of the Noveske or Larue?

The Colt is interesting for sure. I hadn't really heard much about it. I will not be purchasing immediately (it'll definitely be after the first of the year if not closer to after tax time), so I'll have some time to watch the options with the Colt develop.

Any other insights, suggestions, etc. you can share are certainly appreciated.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-12-11, 22:08
I have an 18SS barrelled MWS and have shot a Larue OBR. Both are awesome guns. I didn't shoot the OBR for groups, but I think they come with an accuracy guarantee? I've shot the 18SS barrel once for groups and it was about 1MOA with 10 shot groups.

I think the OBR is a better looking gun, the machining is awesome. I don't like the 20MOA rise on the rail. It just tweaks the rail/comb relationship enough that to me it is odd. It does allow the scope to be really low mounted, but then you can't get BUIS under the scope, if you need BUIS. The LMT is maybe a bit heavier, but nothing that can't be managed.

I think either needs a brake like a surefire or a Battlecomp. The OBR had a Surefire and I put a BABC on my LMT. That helped tame the recoil.

I don't think you can go wrong with either rifle. While the LMT is not a pretty as the OBR, when you drop the bolt on the LMT it just has that sound that just exudes quality. ARs go 'clink-ping' when you drop the bolt. The LMT goes "Click-swooosh-thump".

Can't go wrong either way.

sgtbutt
12-13-11, 00:24
If you're wanting a precision rig you can do your research and decide exactly what you want in a rifle and them build it yourself. Mega provides not only an amazing platform to work with but provides for the greatest use of components. You can use Armalite or DPMS pattern components but still use PMAGs.
I have a thread here about my build with my review. The monolithic upper is phenomenal. It's a stout upper to say the least.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-13-11, 04:00
IF I could make a counterpoint to SGTButt. Not saying the 'build-up' model is the wrong way to go, but I don't think it is as easy as doing it in AR15s.

308ARs just seem to be more finiky, and there seems to be a lot more variation in the parts used, I guess because there is no TDP or MIL-SPEC standard to reference. My guess is that 1:50 or maybe even 1:100 ARs is in the 308AR pattern? I think the overall market for parts is just not as mature as it is for AR15s.

I looked at building up a rifle, but if it doesn't work- where do you go to get it tweaked right? The other is that if it is a build-up and you put it together yourself, what is its resale value?

Just a thought.

sgtbutt
12-13-11, 09:38
From MyCold DeadHand is absolutely right. With AR15s you literaly can buy a single part from as many manufacturers as there are parts on a 15. You can throw that whole conglomeration together and have a gun that will most likely shoot. Reliability, accuracy, asthetics........... Not gonna go there.

Witht the 308 build it is an extensive project and I had the privalege of doing over a year worth of research. Damn other projects taking precedence.

But it is definitely a challanging endeavour. Cold Dead Hand pointed out a very important point on the tweeking aspect, there really isn't anyone to ask. For me I would have to call multiple different Customer Service reps and even then be stuck with no difinitive answer. Luckily it hasn't happened. I also do read up on sh.com quite a bit. There was one guy with a Mega/JP build that was causing problems from the get go. The guys over there were able to point him in the right direction and he got the issue fixed.

Do think over the build option, but not lightly, think very serious about it if it's an option of yours. Would I do mine again? Absolutely, 6.5 has been calling my name for a while now and within 3 years or so I hope to be good enough with my 308 to justify a 6.5CM.

Here's my thread for ya

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93647

TXBob
12-13-11, 20:13
Gardner Precision (GAP) also makes an excellent AR-308 and can build one to your specs. Similar price to LaRue or LMT.

Over at Sniper's Hide they come highly recommended in the same category as LMT or LaRue.

Those 3 would seem to suit your needs for precision.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-18-11, 19:15
Georgia Precision also makes an excellent AR-308 and can build one to your specs. Similar price to LaRue or LMT.

Over at Sniper's Hide they come highly recommended in the same category as LMT or LaRue.

If you are looking to go the semi-custom buidl-up route, that I think is the way to go. You can offer them the parts that they will put together and then you have someone to work with if the gun doesn't preform. Plus, even if you use an unusual array of parts, it is still a GAP gun, which is well thought of.

Singlestack Wonder
12-18-11, 19:50
Between the three, I would choose the LaRue PredatAR with an 18" barrel due to it's lite weight. In my opinion, in regards to accuracy between LaRue and Noveske, it's a win-win with either. I prefer the IonBond barrel treatment on the LaRue. If not for that, it would come down to a coin toss.

RD62
12-18-11, 21:08
Thanks for all the info guys.

I'm still leaning toward the LMT with it's monolithic rail and barrel options (ease of changing). I'm also considering a .260 Rem or 6.5CM barrel instead of the .308.

seb5
12-26-11, 21:19
Last year I was in Kansas City and stopped by GAP. They pulled one of the gunsmiths out and he gave me the tour of the place and we talked 7.62 precision rifles for quite awhile. He told me he preferred to use the DPMS receivers as a base to complete the builds. I own nothing by DPMS except 1 ambi safety but as has been stated above DPMS .308's seem to be a better option than their .556's which isn't an option at all. As far as accuracy I can remember years ago when DPMS S.S. barrels were well thought of from an accuracy stand point in .556.

jackinfl
12-27-11, 21:04
I'd look at the Larue OBR, or the GA Precision GAP-10.

Iraq Ninja
12-27-11, 23:13
We got two OBRs at work and they are simply the best bang to the buck we found, with the emphasis on accuracy. DPMS was not even considered. LMT was close, but could not beat the OBR for our purposes.

I was a skeptic until I shot the OBR.

C45P312
12-27-11, 23:28
Another vote here for an OBR. I sold my Accuracy International AW to pick a 16in OBR. When I saw accuracy was on par with my AIAW, it was an easy decision to ditch the bolt gun. Shorter barrel, follow up shots faster, and magazine capacity. Plus, a lot of the weapon manipulation is the same as any other AR platform. Accessories are plentiful and mounting a RDS for CQB work is a viable option not found on a bolt gun. Shoots under MOA at 500 yards all day since that's all I have here in my area.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180016_454033948077_548018077_5100343_2664441_n.jpg

DJK
12-28-11, 04:23
[QUOTE=Carlo@RB1;1180525]Another vote here for an OBR. I sold my Accuracy International AW to pick up the OBR. When I saw accuracy was on par with my AIAW, it was an easy decision to ditch the bolt gun. Shorter barrel, follow up shots faster, and magazine capacity. Plus, a lot of the weapon manipulation is the same as any other AR platform. Accessories are plentiful and mounting a RDS for CQB work is a viable option not found on a bolt gun. Shoots under MOA at 500 yards all day since that's all I have here in my area.[QUOTE]

Carlo, are you running a 16" barrel?

C45P312
12-28-11, 07:06
Carlo, are you running a 16" barrel?

Yup, 16in barrel. 1000yards no problem. 5 shot group yield like a 12in spread. just tried looking for the picture but can't find it right now. still too early for me lol

I'm definitely happy about the accuracy and functionality over my AIAW

DJK
12-28-11, 07:18
Yup, 16in barrel. 1000yards no problem. 5 shot group yield like a 12in spread. just tried looking for the picture but can't find it right now. still too early for me lol

I'm definitely happy about the accuracy and functionality over my AIAW

Thanks Carlo!! I'm leaning in the same direction and appreciate positive feedback. Hope you can find that picture.

St.Michael
12-28-11, 18:37
Are there any ar10s that AREN't over 2k? Just wondering since right now the only ones being considered by people is LMT and OBR for the most part. Anyone know how much that colt will run for?

TXBob
12-28-11, 21:09
I beleive the colt is coming in just under 2k which is a nice place to be.

the "real" AR-10(Armalite) is ok (mag issues aside) and probably preferable to DPMS but even DPMS in 308 in held in higher regard to the 223 version.

Both of them retail base models in the 1000-1500 range.

BigNog
12-29-11, 08:38
Georgia Precision also makes an excellent AR-308 and can build one to your specs. Similar price to LaRue or LMT.

**Gardner Precision, Sorry that's one of my pet peeves, they're actually in MO, and they make a great gun. Probably the best cost/performance gun out there, just as accurate as an emc or obr, and from what I've heard from owners more reliable. I own 3 bolt guns from GAP and they are absolutely stellar, a GAP-10 is probably the next gun on my list unless the SCAR SSR gets released after shot.

ETA: Also do yourself a favor and save your pennies rather than dumping them on a DPMS and regretting it later and trying to upgrade. I can't speak to armalite as I've never even shot one.

TXBob
12-29-11, 10:30
Fixed. Thanks for the correction

prestonoconnor
12-29-11, 12:45
I know this is the precision rifle section but I am interested in a .308 ar platform battle rifle that is not a precision rifle. I want to get a .308 m4. I don't want to pay obr prices for battle rifle accuracy.

TXBob
12-29-11, 13:51
FAL. Many threads state that.

Polizei
01-16-12, 13:03
Any one have any thoughts on the SIG 716?

trinydex
01-26-12, 23:03
A couple things to consider:

1. SHOT is in January. Who knows what kinds of new goodies will come out from the companies you have mentioned? Maybe others will get in the 308 AR game as well.

2. Wait for the Colt 901 to come out. Right now it just has a 16" barrel (and from what I have read a proprietary barrel nut) which probably isn't what you want, but I am sure third parties will figure out how to put a nice long stainless barrel in them. Then you'd have a monolithic .308 AR made by a known, quality manufacturer for likely less than you'd spend on a LMT MWS or a Noveske N6

Just a few things to consider....
predatobr?

C45P312
01-27-12, 06:24
predatobr?

I wouldn't consider that a precision rig. The hierarchy of precision from larue would probably be

1) OBR
2) PredatOBR
3) PredatAR

While the predatobr is a nice cross between the two, I'm 100% with the performance and accuracy of my OBR. It still trumps my AIAW that I had. Now if I had the funds for both, I would have both.

gamewarden
01-27-12, 15:27
Am I missing something here...? Its the same barrel and gas system as the OBR without the 20 MOA upper (can get that in a mount if needed). Is it the lighter overall weight? Its offered in 16" and 18" variants...

Am I missing something obvious...if not I think it would be a fine precision rifle!

help me out.

C45P312
01-27-12, 18:50
Am I missing something here...? Its the same barrel and gas system as the OBR without the 20 MOA upper (can get that in a mount if needed). Is it the lighter overall weight? Its offered in 16" and 18" variants...

Am I missing something obvious...if not I think it would be a fine precision rifle!

help me out.

To me the OBR was designed and built as a precision rifle. Just throwing the OBR barrel onto a predatar chassis doesn't make it a precision rifle. I'd really like to see end-users shooting it before making final decisions though. I don't know what engineering feats are put into the OBR versus the Predatobr. Time will tell I guess.

TehLlama
01-28-12, 00:58
To me the OBR was designed and built as a precision rifle. Just throwing the OBR barrel onto a predatar chassis doesn't make it a precision rifle. I'd really like to see end-users shooting it before making final decisions though. I don't know what engineering feats are put into the OBR versus the Predatobr. Time will tell I guess.

To a degree, I wish they made the goldilock rifle more of a goldilocks rifle - went with an intermediate contour, and sold versions with two options - the LW gas block or the adjustable; 0MOA cant mount or a ~20MOA mount, and had the barrel somewhere in between. For the minor weight difference, I'm inclined to just pick up a used OBR instead.

El Cid
01-28-12, 13:01
This question came up during Kyle Defoor's advanced carbine class a week ago. I'd recommend asking him the the SME forum.

Buck1122
02-26-12, 20:20
I went with the LWRC Repr in .308....yes, its a piston system but you can turn the gas system off so the bolt does not recipricate making it as accurate in my opinion as any rifle out there...no moving BCM.

It isnt cheap but its built like a tank and has some pretty cutting edge technology on it. Big plus is that it was made by a company that specializes in and ONLY makes short stroke gas piston guns. Takes me all of 10 minutes to clean and thats pretty much just the barrel.

Good luck.

3gunshooter7681
02-26-12, 21:55
I own a Remington R-25 and have not had a problem with it. Put down 3 deer last year and they fell where shot. You guys that badmouth DPMS do you own one or just going by what your buddies buddies buddy says.

I guess since you want a high priced AR. Might as well go find an SR-25. Or a FAL mine is extremely accurate

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BluewaterTactical
02-27-12, 00:02
I have no idea where the DPMS .308 hate comes from.

I own one and it has been a great gun with no problems. It has been to three police sniper schools with me, as well as the range with no drop in accuracy or anything wrong with it.

Round count probably around 2K and goes like the day it was new. Cost was around $1200 for it when I bought it back in 2009.

Out of all the other guns mentioned, I would go with the LMT as it is proven itself to the British apparently.

thmpr
02-27-12, 00:20
If you have not picked up a 308 AR yet, have you researched JP rifles?

Buck1122
02-27-12, 10:04
I would highly reccomend you go with the Armalite Ar-10A4 in .308. Parts are readily available and it is built extremly well. I shoot an ar-10A2 carbine and have never had a single FTF or issue in the thousands of rounds I have out through it.

And, it'll shoot about 1-1.5MOA.

Pappabear
02-27-12, 16:04
I own the LMT, with CL 16 barrel that shoots MOA. IF you want to make it crazy accurate, get the 18 or 20 inch SS Barrel.

KAC and pmags.

Battle proven.

prdubi
03-02-12, 11:28
I've decided to go on the LMT, it will take a while but in the end....it is a nice system and the fact you can change barrels around seems like a good thing.

But then again I could do that with a DPMS panther and then then just get another barrrel for it and upper and pop it around.

But just changing the barrel is a nice thing for the LMT.

silentmark
03-04-12, 16:28
LMT MWS is the way to go!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/silentmark73/mws.jpg

RD62
03-04-12, 18:40
I have decided and will be ordering an LMT MWS w/18" SS barrel in the coming weeks.

I am still researching the appropriate scope for this rifle and given my needs, and it will be sometime before I pick that up.

In the meantime, I will be using a low end knock around 3-9x scope I have laying around and working on form, shooting from a bipod, and experimenting with ammo.

Recommendations on ammo and optics are welcome, but maybe material for another thread.

Thanks to all those who have offered experience and advice on the systems I inquired about.

Z71Silverado09
03-06-12, 05:45
did you ever deicde on one yet? im still looking around myself

RD62
03-07-12, 14:38
I been calling the LMT listed dealers in my area today getting quotes on $$$ and lead time.

Trident had also mentioned a guy he uses at LMT and I am awaiting his contact info to see about ordering direct.

Blstr88
03-09-12, 12:51
I recently turned my LMT into my "long range" rifle. Experimenting with different ammo and just having a good time shooting out a bit. I'm using the cheapest POS scope right now and its still hitting real well...seems mostly limited to my lack of skill :p

I too need to start doing more scope research and take the plunge. I think with a quality optic I'll have even a better time with it.

duece71
03-10-12, 21:01
From this.........

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k581/doose1/LMT3.jpg

To this.......

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k581/doose1/LMTMWS308wNF22.jpg

Upcoming range session, I am going to try a couple of different brands of match ammo to see which brand it likes best. I need to shoot it more. Kind of tough with 2 small children but they are important too.

RD62
03-12-12, 20:32
From this.........

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k581/doose1/LMT3.jpg

To this.......

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k581/doose1/LMTMWS308wNF22.jpg

Upcoming range session, I am going to try a couple of different brands of match ammo to see which brand it likes best. I need to shoot it more. Kind of tough with 2 small children but they are important too.

Very nice. I'm getting quotes on the rifle now.

I see you got a Nightforce, which one?

duece71
03-13-12, 11:54
Thank you. I have the NF 2.5-10x32 on there. I have the Mil-dot rectical and I need to shoot with it more. Its a nice set up, crystal clear glass. Now I just need to do my part. My LGS has a brand new LMT MWS for $2300. It might still be there. If I had the money, the new LMT would be in my safe. Good luck. I can't wait for my upcoming range session with the match ammo test.

The Virus
03-18-12, 10:30
JP LRP-07

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07.php

DeltaSierra
03-18-12, 11:27
JP LRP-07

http://www.jprifles.com/1.2.5_LRP07.php

Care to explain this post?

The Virus
03-18-12, 12:04
Care to explain this post?

The OP asked about other brands as well.
JP makes an outstanding precision rifle. IMO better than the 3 rifles he listed.

DeltaSierra
03-18-12, 12:12
The OP asked about other brands as well.
JP makes an outstanding precision rifle. IMO better than the 3 rifles he listed.

If you could give some reasons why you think the JP rifles are better, it would be greatly appreciated by many.

Posting an opinion without a factual basis for that opinion isn't real helpful.

The Virus
03-18-12, 12:27
An opinion is just that. opinion

The fit and finish are the best in the industry
The Low mass operating system allows faster follow up shots and super soft recoil
Side charging handle allows you to stay on the gun and operate if need be.
Completely custom built
Amazing accuracy
Outstanding customer service

RD62
03-23-12, 18:42
Thank you for all the suggestions.

My dealer placed an order for me for an LMT MWS with factory 18" SS barrel on the 21st.

Quoted lead time of 12-14 weeks.

Now to start working on some suitable glass....

jmoney
03-31-12, 17:31
Does LaRue make a rifle that can handle the full .308 load or is it just the basic 7.62? I like the accuracy that I read about on those rifles, but I want something chambered in .308 so it is not only my precision rifle (AR), but I can use it for all the different hunting that I do as well. I don't see the reason in buying a bolt gun and if I can get an AR to do the exact same thing with good accuracy. If I ever got a desire to shoot out past 600 yards, then I might consider getting a bolt gun.

Sensei
04-01-12, 23:09
Does LaRue make a rifle that can handle the full .308 load or is it just the basic 7.62? I like the accuracy that I read about on those rifles, but I want something chambered in .308 so it is not only my precision rifle (AR), but I can use it for all the different hunting that I do as well. I don't see the reason in buying a bolt gun and if I can get an AR to do the exact same thing with good accuracy. If I ever got a desire to shoot out past 600 yards, then I might consider getting a bolt gun.

The OBR handles .308 just fine.

jmoney
04-02-12, 09:30
thanks, that was really the one thing I was worried about because I want to use that slightly higher powered round for hunting applications.

I guess the next step is to get a little more cash together to put a NF on top and give LaRue a call.

If I can get a 1/2 MOA AR308, I would be extremely pleased. The last big question is 16 or 18 inch profile, but I will need to talk to larue to really figure out what I want.

M4Fundi
04-02-12, 18:34
LaRue really pushes the 16" as the can do it all in 762OBR. I have shot that rifle at 1000 pretty regularly in 16 and shot the 762 PredatAR 16" this weekend for CQB stuff.

I can't really tell you honestly if the 18 or 20 OBR really could buck the wind that much better than the 16, but the 16 would make hits at 1000 all day if I did my part (or my spotter did his part;))

jmoney
04-03-12, 08:53
thats pretty impressive for an AR

RCO'B
07-15-12, 16:42
Get the LMT308. A pure joy to shoot.

El Cid
07-24-12, 12:17
Damn! I guess I waited too long. The PredatAR 7.62 is up from $2499 to $2807.

http://www.laruetactical.com/16%E2%80%9D-larue-tactical-predatar-762

Looks like all their rifles went up in price. I kind of always knew they were priced below what they could be.

M4Fundi
07-24-12, 12:53
LaRue sent out a warning awhile back.:(

theJanitor
07-24-12, 13:16
I only have experience with one option, but my 16" Noveske N6 has been an absolute hammer. no problems whatsoever. mags are great. into my third 200 round case of FGMM with no cleaning and no issues.

TMcGuff
07-24-12, 23:17
im going to start my AR 10 build and im going with a noveske upper... if i can find one.

RD62
07-25-12, 08:04
I picked up my MWS last week and so far am very impressed with the design and construction.

I had to leave almost immediately after picking it up for a previously planned family vacation, but should have it scoped and to the range soon.

I've got an IDPA match this weekend, so it wont be then, but I'll post some picks and a range report when I do.

jmoney
09-24-12, 09:22
how big of an accuracy difference will there be at 600 yards between the predatar and obr? 600 is going to be be my limit for this rifile but I want to use it for hog hunting, and try and run it through a class with an offset aimpoint.

Accuracy is my main concern here, and i want to stay at 16"

Dan46n2
09-26-12, 07:27
IMO all you need is a good barrel and trigger, that will save you a lot of money if you can put it together yourself. GAP used to use DPMS receivers and they have one of the most accurate AR10s out there.