PDA

View Full Version : Which countries do you think get 1/3 of all aid?

SHIVAN
12-12-11, 22:23
An acquaintance from HS (almost 20yrs ago) posted this today:

So, which nations do you think get the highest percentage of US International Aid? Underdeveloped countries? Drought afflicted, natural disaster ravaged, impoverished countries? Nope.
1/3 of ALL aid goes to Israel and Egypt. Mostly for missiles, fighter jets, tanks. And building walls. (repost from my friend Darren Paulson)

I replied with this: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1299.pdf

Discuss. :jester:

Littlelebowski
12-12-11, 22:48
Smedley Butler.

montanadave
12-12-11, 23:13
Smedley Butler.

That pretty much says it all.

thopkins22
12-13-11, 14:44
1/3 or not...we ought to stop. I'm not okay with welfare in America, I'm sure as hell not okay with welfare between nations.

It's obscene. We're giving military aid to nuclear powers? And paying both sides of conflicts? Egypt/Israel, Pakistan/India, etc....

No more foreign aid for ANYONE. Just stop. We can't meet our own obligations nor do we trust our politicians to spend wisely, but somehow I'm to believe that they've made wise decisions here?

Honestly, I'm not totally inclined to believe that these numbers are very accurate. They lie about unemployment, they lie about inflation, they lie about how TARP was paid back, they lie about the size/impact of QE 1-66000, and they lie about pretty much everything else they get involved with.

variablebinary
12-14-11, 00:07
1/3 or not...we ought to stop. I'm not okay with welfare in America, I'm sure as hell not okay with welfare between nations.

It's obscene. We're giving military aid to nuclear powers? And paying both sides of conflicts? Egypt/Israel, Pakistan/India, etc....

No more foreign aid for ANYONE. Just stop. We can't meet our own obligations nor do we trust our politicians to spend wisely, but somehow I'm to believe that they've made wise decisions here?

Honestly, I'm not totally inclined to believe that these numbers are very accurate. They lie about unemployment, they lie about inflation, they lie about how TARP was paid back, they lie about the size/impact of QE 1-66000, and they lie about pretty much everything else they get involved with.

The United States is an incredibly wealthy nation. We should be able to afford anything we damn well please in terms of infrastructure, entitlements, defense, and grandeur.

Instead we squander our wealth on bureaucratic hell, bailouts, corporate cronyism, "foreign aid" and world policing.

There is absolutely no good reason for this nation to be in the hole.

When our economy was falling apart, we sent nearly $50 billion abroad.

As a nation we need to start being more like Switzerland and less like Rome.

Before a dime goes anywhere, it should always be America first, and whatever is left over goes to the nuisance nations later

cop1211
12-14-11, 01:54
The United States is an incredibly wealthy nation. We should be able to afford anything we damn well please in terms of infrastructure, entitlements, defense, and grandeur.

Instead we squander our wealth on bureaucratic hell, bailouts, corporate cronyism, "foreign aid" and world policing.

There is absolutely no good reason for this nation to be in the hole.

When our economy was falling apart, we sent nearly $50 billion abroad.

As a nation we need to start being more like Switzerland and less like Rome.

Before a dime goes anywhere, it should always be America first, and whatever is left over goes to the nuisance nations later

Spot on.