PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on this Trigger Chip McCormick

motorolahamm
12-13-11, 07:56
Just loooking for any feedback on this trigger, issues,likes.dislikes,
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/864051/cmc-triggers-tactical-drop-in-trigger-group-flat-ar-15-small-pin-154-single-stage-matte

xpd54
12-13-11, 09:12
I have the curved version for 4+ years and have had no issues with it. There was a factory recall in 2008 for something that I never had happen, so I sent it in and they returned it to me in a week. It's been through thousands of rounds, a couple FT Benning 3G matches, numerous other matches, training sessions at work and lotsa dry firing and never had an issue.

deuce9166
12-13-11, 10:50
I had the curved version around 2008 and it would inadvertently go full auto. I remember not being too happy with their customer service and had to go through Brownells to get a refund. That was a while ago though.

USSA-1
12-13-11, 13:49
Good stuff. Got them in all my AR's.

Never had any problems with them.

USSA-1

motorolahamm
12-16-11, 08:23
most people would love full auto,lol but i guess this would be the dangerous way to have full auto

deuce9166
12-16-11, 10:22
It was definitely a surprise trigger break.:D

most people would love full auto,lol but i guess this would be the dangerous way to have full auto

spm917
12-16-11, 10:56
I was in a class where someone had a chip mcormick trigger. When he started the class it was doubling. Then it was tripling and getting worse. Finally it failed. I gave him my Colt to finish the second day.

discreet
12-31-11, 19:34

Until you have a round explode before it's chambered...

I run a CMC unit, and wouldn't run anything else, especially for the cost. Unit fit ultra snug in my LMT lower, and has seen a few thousand rounds without issue. It breaks super clean as well, no matter what upper I'm using.

discreet
12-31-11, 19:36
I was in a class where someone had a chip mcormick trigger. When he started the class it was doubling. Then it was tripling and getting worse. Finally it failed. I gave him my Colt to finish the second day.

That would most likely be a re-called unit, or a unit he tried to alter. I've really never heard of one malfunctioning without mega rounds through it. Either way, CMC would most likely RMA it.

Iraqgunz
12-31-11, 22:01
I am 99% certain that cannot happen with the M16 based upon the design.

Until you have a round explode before it's chambered...

I run a CMC unit, and wouldn't run anything else, especially for the cost. Unit fit ultra snug in my LMT lower, and has seen a few thousand rounds without issue. It breaks super clean as well, no matter what upper I'm using.

discreet
01-01-12, 00:50
I am 99% certain that cannot happen with the M16 based upon the design.

It has happened more than a few times, where the upper receiver basically shears apart and blows out the sides. Had a buddy who was standing at the range one day next to a guy who had this happen. Luckily the shards in my buddies neck and arms weren't too small and could be pulled out easy enough.

Btw... if I can find a picture of the injuries, and also of the gun on the net, I'll pm it to you. It was a pretty top end AR as well to note. Started going in FA and I guess a round didn't chamber right, and basically detonated the casing from the absolute chop of the bad FCG. Either way I wasn't there to witness it, so I guess it's only as so true as I trust my good buddy. But either way, things tend to always be exaggerated in talk, but those pics were def scary though.

Failure2Stop
01-01-12, 07:38
If firing pin and bolt are in spec an out of battery detonation due to hammer fall is impossible in an AR with an in-spec BGC.

The firing pin cannot reach the primer until the bolt collapses during the locking process.
The bolt locks by contacting the breech and turning (due to the cam slot), which interlaces the lugs of the bolt and barrel extension, as the BCG moves forward, driven by the action spring. You can easily see this by pushing forward on the firing pin head while rotating the bolt into the BCG.

Add to that the fact that the bolt does not capture the case head until the cartridge is already chambered, which decreases the probability of an out of battery detonation as the firing pin is kept separate from the cartridge until late in the chambering process.

If an AR has an out of battery detonation it is not a fault of the FCG.
Pretty much all kBs in AR's are due to case head separation or a blocked bore.

floridajpr
01-01-12, 16:29
I have the CMC single stage w/flat trigger in three, soon to be four, of my AR's and I have had no problems. Very good triggers.

discreet
01-04-12, 03:07
I have the CMC single stage w/flat trigger in three, soon to be four, of my AR's and I have had no problems. Very good triggers.

Not "triggers". They are "Fire Control Groups" IE FCG. IMO someone saying something is a "trigger" is as bad as saying a Magazine is a "clip".

justin_247
01-04-12, 05:44
Not "triggers". They are "Fire Control Groups" IE FCG. IMO someone saying something is a "trigger" is as bad as saying a Magazine is a "clip".

No, the trigger is part of the FCG. You're being ridiculous.