PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P - Places *NOT* To Lube?

Krylancelo
12-13-11, 09:22
So I recently learned you should have no lubricant on the striker assembly in the S&W M&P. Are there any other areas where it is very important to not have any oils or lubricants? I want to make sure that the cause of my recent malfunctions is taken care of as the gun was completely reliable up until the last few weeks or so.

Any advice on areas I may want to check to prevent "mushy trigger" as well would be appreciated.

Quote from the previous thread I asked a question about this in:

Apologies if this is a thread jack but I was having a very similar issue. Mine had just mush upon firing, performed immediate action, round ejected, new round chambered. Still mushy trigger. Performed immediate action one more time in desperation (I had transitioned to my secondary during rifle training and now it wasn't working!) and finally bang. Gun didn't malfunction at all the rest of the day, although I only put maybe 80 more rounds through it.

Any idea why this would have happened? The gun had that round in the chamber for a long time (it's my carry gun, I left the round in the chamber and replaced the mag with a mag full of training ammo before holstering it).

Is my striker also possibly an issue? What should I look for when I examine it?

It was very cold out that day too, not sure if that matters or not.

Just very concerned because this is a carry gun and if it failed to go bang like that upon drawing, things would be looking very bad for me.

More details: Gun has about 1000 rounds through it, 600 or so of it are with the APEX DCAEK installed. It was originally a MA gun so it has the larger trigger spring. No manual safety, no mag safety.

Randy suggested I check the sear housing block to make sure the sear isn't binding and is clean.

G34Shooter mentioned that the striker area should be clean and oil free.

Any other thoughts and/or tips?