PDA

View Full Version : Need some CCW help

BCmJUnKie
12-13-11, 23:47
My girl and I are going to Iowa for Xmas this weekend.

I dont want to leave my pistol behind, I know Im good in nebraska, but Im finding different stuff on Iowa.

Anyone from there?

What are the transport/carry laws there?

Looks like its a big pain in the ass with Iowa

Iraqgunz
12-14-11, 01:45
Did you do any online searching? Just curious because I did and I don't see anything that raises my blood pressure.

http://www.usacarry.com/iowa_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf

Assuming that the website is correct Iowa is "shall issue" and honors most everyones permit.

My girl and I are going to Iowa for Xmas this weekend.

I dont want to leave my pistol behind, I know Im good in nebraska, but Im finding different stuff on Iowa.

Anyone from there?

What are the transport/carry laws there?

Looks like its a big pain in the ass with Iowa

ST911
12-14-11, 09:20
Iowa is easy. Nothing extraordinary.

Iowegians and their cops aren't any better at spotting CCWs than anywhere else. If your permit is good there, resume normal.

BCmJUnKie
12-14-11, 11:54
I found the top link that IG posted the other day, Im from Colo, goin to Iowa for 8 days.

Im guessing I was lookin at OLD websites as far as my CCW not being valid in Iowa.

I just want to make sure Im good there.

I HATE traveling and not being able to bring my carry, especially when I have my family.

BCmJUnKie
12-14-11, 11:57
That second list is saying (at bottom) that Iowa has "A ery restrictive NON-resident CCW issue"

Im not understanding, at the top it says Iowa honors Colo.s permit,

Then at the bottom its saying its restricted.

chadbag
12-14-11, 14:14
That second list is saying (at bottom) that Iowa has "A ery restrictive NON-resident CCW issue"

There is a difference between recognizing a non-resident CCW permit, and ISSUING a CCW permit to a non-resident.

woodandsteel
12-14-11, 14:30
Yep, you're good to go here.

Welcome. And enjoy your stay!

BCmJUnKie
12-14-11, 14:32
Yep, you're good to go here.

Welcome. And enjoy your stay!

Cool thanks for the help guys.

Much appreciated

Jer
12-14-11, 14:40

I have a resident Colorado CCW permit as well as a non-resident Florida CCW permit. Used to be that with my FL permit I could CCW in states that wouldn't recognize my CO permit using the same qualifications to acquire. States recognized this loophole and most have closed this reciprocity to non-resident permits. So, if you have a resident CO CCW permit (which you do) you're good to go in Iowa. If you had a non-Resident CO CCW permit (which I don't think they even grant) then Iowa wouldn't recognize it.

Makes more sense?