PDA

View Full Version : Glock factory rebuil/refurb

anthony1
12-14-11, 06:09
I tried searching, cant find much. Whats the word on these things? Gen 4 g22, police trade, looks to be brand new or atleast rebuilt/refurberd to like new, nightsights.

Is there any reason l shouldn't buy this and pay 200$ more for a regular new one?

Nephrology
12-14-11, 06:18
I tried searching, cant find much. Whats the word on these things? Gen 4 g22, police trade, looks to be brand new or atleast rebuilt/refurberd to like new, nightsights.

Is there any reason l shouldn't buy this and pay 200$ more for a regular new one?

Nope. I always buy used. All the parts that might be broken probably cost under 5 bucks and are easy as pie to replace.

Quentin
12-14-11, 12:34
Wonder why there'd already be Gen 4 LE trade-ins? Unless.. didn't the Oakland PD send back their G22 Gen4s?

Anyway, Glock should have refurbed them so why not save $200...

backfist
12-14-11, 14:19
They take a pretty good look at these before making them available...buy the refurb...

AMC29
12-14-11, 15:31
Wonder why there'd already be Gen 4 LE trade-ins? Unless.. didn't the Oakland PD send back their G22 Gen4s?

Anyway, Glock should have refurbed them so why not save $200...

I was wondering the same thing. In any event, if they were factory refurbed you should be good to go. I always look refurb/used first when purchasing a gun, and have never had an issue.

I bought a used Gen 1 Glock 27 cheap that looked like it had been to hell and back. After a through cleaning and inspection, I took it to the range and it was just as accurate as the other 3 Glocks I own.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used/refurbed Glock.

ST911
12-14-11, 15:58
Wonder why there'd already be Gen 4 LE trade-ins?

They could be samples or demos. They may also be trade-ins from user groups that have to roll money over or spend specific programmatic funds. Some just trade guns a lot.

The gen 4 was making the rounds for awhile prior to mass commercial release.

Magsz
12-14-11, 17:06
Care to toss a PM to those of us wondering where to find such a deal? :)

Quentin
12-14-11, 20:48
I was wondering the same thing. In any event, if they were factory refurbed you should be good to go. I always look refurb/used first when purchasing a gun, and have never had an issue.

I bought a used Gen 1 Glock 27 cheap that looked like it had been to hell and back. After a through cleaning and inspection, I took it to the range and it was just as accurate as the other 3 Glocks I own.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used/refurbed Glock.

I don't think there was a Gen 1 G27 or any Gen 1 40S&W Glock, I bet it's a Gen 2. Pretty sure Glock was well into Gen 2 when the 40s were released in 1990.

Anyway I certainly agree, my LE trade in G22 has been an excellent pistol. A lot of holster wear but not much slide peening, so it hadn't been shot that much in its former life.

Vgex2
12-14-11, 20:52
GT Dist in Austin had a couple yesterday. They ship. I think the price they were asking was $449 or less with the specs listed in the OP.

AMC29
12-14-11, 20:56
I don't think there was a Gen 1 G27 or any Gen 1 40S&W Glock, I bet it's a Gen 2. Pretty sure Glock was well into Gen 2 when the 40s were released in 1990.

My mistake, it's a G27 2.5a generation (smooth finger grooves, no rail).

anthony1
12-14-11, 22:01
Care to toss a PM to those of us wondering where to find such a deal? :)

The one l'm referring to is local w 5 mags and nightsights. Upon some more googling it appears summit gun broker has a similar deal for 449- still not bad for basically a new glock with nightsights 3mags.

Ak44
12-14-11, 22:34

How do you know it's a Police Trade in?

anthony1
12-14-11, 23:08
How do you know it's a Police Trade in?

A local guy sometimes has trade ins, he said he didnt know the exact details but there was a small batch of gen4 g22s issued to a dept and then sent back to glock for reasons l/he do not know, he said they were factory rebuilt and have a warranty (l thought all glocks did anyway?)

Anyways it appears summit gun broker has a similar deal on their website, you can see it there.

Jim D
12-15-11, 12:34
With as many different versions of the Gen 4 there are floating around out there, I wouldn't buy a used one that someone obviously had problems with.

A used Gen 3 is a pretty safe bet. A police trade in Gen 4 is a red flag, this early in the game.

phenom00
12-17-11, 06:41
If it is factory refurbished I believe they check and replace all parts thoroughly. I can't remember if they even refinish the slide but it should be good to go and warrantied.

Jim D
12-17-11, 08:34
If it is factory refurbished I believe they check and replace all parts thoroughly. I can't remember if they even refinish the slide but it should be good to go and warrantied.

That doesn't mean anything. What vintage parts did they replace them with?

Is the guide rod hole in the slide counter-bored or not?

phenom00
12-17-11, 09:42
770-432-1202 if your really interested and want to verify for yourself. Give them a call, if it is factory refurbished you should get this.

1. All new box and accessories.
2. All new internals in slide.
3. All new internals in frame.
4. New magazines.
5. Refinished slide if it needs it badly.
6. Refinished barrel if it needs it badly.
7. Replaced slide if it is damaged.
8. Replaced barrel if it is damaged.
9. Replaced frame if it is damaged.
10. Lifetime GLOCK warranty.

*They RARELY replace the slide/frame/barrel. It has to be damaged.

You can tell a reconditioned GLOCK , because it will have a "7" or possibly an "8" stamped on the inside of the dustcover in the polymer.

*Lifetime GLOCK warranty.

Jim D
12-17-11, 10:09
770-432-1202 if your really interested and want to verify for yourself. Give them a call, if it is factory refurbished you should get this.

1. All new box and accessories.
2. All new internals in slide.
3. All new internals in frame.
4. New magazines.
5. Refinished slide if it needs it badly.
6. Refinished barrel if it needs it badly.
7. Replaced slide if it is damaged.
8. Replaced barrel if it is damaged.
9. Replaced frame if it is damaged.
10. Lifetime GLOCK warranty.

*They RARELY replace the slide/frame/barrel. It has to be damaged.

You can tell a reconditioned GLOCK , because it will have a "7" or possibly an "8" stamped on the inside of the dustcover in the polymer.

*Lifetime GLOCK warranty.
One needs to look no further than the gen 4 9mm report thread to see how valuable the lifetime Glock warranty really is.

You know Taurus has a lifetime warranty too, right?

phenom00
12-17-11, 10:20
One needs to look no further than the gen 4 9mm report thread to see how valuable the lifetime Glock warranty really is.

You know Taurus has a lifetime warranty too, right?

HaaHaa, Touche!