PDA

View Full Version : Mosin Wholesale

jc75754
12-14-11, 08:18
Well i had decided on the round receiver Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant Rifle from AIM but now they are sold out. Anyone know other sites that have them for a good price. at AIM they were $80.

TOrrock
12-14-11, 08:50
Not quite as cheap, but Wideners has some.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8970&dir=700|701|1029

jc75754
12-14-11, 09:09
Found some at Centerfire Systems for about the same price as Widners. I am trying to find as many suppliers as i can. thanks for the help.

DemonRat
12-14-11, 10:02
http://www.jgsales.com/mosin-nagant-91-30-round-receiver-rifle,-7.62x54r-caliber.-p-1041.html
last I looked (which was 4 hours ago) it was at 79.99 plus shipping. If you have a C&R it can be shipped to your door. Makes it easier. It's got the round receiver.

jc75754
12-14-11, 10:11
Never dealt with jgsales are they pretty good to deal with?

DemonRat
12-14-11, 10:23
I personally don't have any experience with them, but a friend of mine got his Mosin thru them and is very happy with his little pea shooter. He's has bought a few things from them in the last year or so. I plan on getting mine thru them since my friend was real happy with his. He paid the extra money to get hand select on the bore also. My only problem is that it's 17 bucks to ship the rifle to me at my house.

77thNYSV
12-15-11, 17:58
Here's another option as well.

Impact Guns Mosin Nagant (http://www.impactguns.com/search.aspx?keyword=mosin%20nagant)

NC_DAVE
12-15-11, 20:45
classic arms has them for about the same price. I picked mine up locally at another store. I found that paying 100 flat saved shipping, and other headaches that would have only saved me 20 bucks.

Sorry I don't have a link. Don't know how to do that.

blasternank
01-10-12, 21:29
I think I am going to pick one of these up. I just read an article in one of the gun magazines I get that says they will make a great truck gun because they can take a beating and you won't have to worry about beating it up as many already are and at the price you pay you won't feel bad if you scratch it up or beat it up a little.

Alaskapopo
01-28-12, 22:44
Not quite as cheap, but Wideners has some.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8970&dir=700|701|1029

Me and some friends are going to order some of these. Thanks for the link. Can't beat getting a working rifle for under $100.
Pat

rojocorsa
01-28-12, 22:46
I think I am going to pick one of these up. I just read an article in one of the gun magazines I get that says they will make a great truck gun because they can take a beating and you won't have to worry about beating it up as many already are and at the price you pay you won't feel bad if you scratch it up or beat it up a little.

Just make sure you strip it all down and clean it up well, otherwise, they tend to get a little finicky.

Alaskapopo
01-28-12, 23:03
Just make sure you strip it all down and clean it up well, otherwise, they tend to get a little finicky.

How far down should I strip it?

I can barely wait to use this as a stage gun at one of my three gun matches this summer.

Pat

CRAMBONE
01-29-12, 00:45
Is there any difference, other than the cosmetics, between the round and hex receivers?

anthony1
01-29-12, 04:51
Not really much difference functionally, soviet russia cut machining cost by going to the simpler round receiver. If you can find one for a decent price the m44 or whatever version carbines are a little more user friendly to most people just because there not 7ft long like a normal mosin.

rojocorsa
02-03-12, 14:06
How far down should I strip it?

I can barely wait to use this as a stage gun at one of my three gun matches this summer.

Pat

Pat the good news is that there aren't that many parts to strip and all you need to do so is common sense.

Usually what I do is to strip down all the parts, clean them up in a bath of lacquer thinner/mineral spirits/solvent/etc and then re-oil them immediately.

I also clean out the bore and re oil it as well.
And please ensure that you clean out the chamber area really well, and the lug recesses for good measure. The majority of issues that people have with this platform is due to lack of attention to the chamber; what happens is that the solidified crud and cosmoline start flowing out and it gets in the way.

Last time I got a Mosin, I found that after cleaning it up it was still a little finicky, but after some lube and repeated cycling of the action, the gun "re-broke in" and now its fine.

FWIW, I own two 91/30s. I now prefer the pre-war ones. It just seems that since everything is nice and milled out on it, it hangs up less and the stripper clips actually are usable with it. On the wartime ones, the clip guides aren't fully milled out and it pinches either side of the clip making insertion a bit annoying. Rimlock also seems to happen, even if you stage the rounds in the clip so as to not seize. It's weird. I load up my pre-war one the exact same way, and it's all smooth sailing.

Hope this helps.