PDA

View Full Version : glock 19 issues

Phillygunguy
12-14-11, 12:38
OK after reading about a lot of issues with the M&P series I still had
no malfunctions with my 9 pro after 900 rds But today I bought a glock 19 gen 3 traded my old sig gsr and basically got the glock for $120 :dance3: However I took it home and one of the magazines didnt fit I took alook and saw it was defective the mag follower was sticking out higher than the other one which functioned normally
I also noticed a little play in the one mag that fit in the gun
On closer look I noticed these magazines are gen 4 as in they have the ambi mag release So my question is are glock gen 4 mags OK with the gen 3? I haven't shot this one yet so I may order some gen 3 mags on line

cgcorrea
12-14-11, 12:50
My gen 3 G19 and G17, both work fine with gen 4 mags. That's actually what they came with, and it's all I have fed ammo to them through.

Phillygunguy
12-14-11, 12:54
Do they fell a little loose in the gun or is that normal?

cgcorrea
12-14-11, 13:16
Do they fell a little loose in the gun or is that normal?

There's a tad bit of play. Definately nothing excessive. AFAIK, you have nothing to worry about on that front. If the other mag doesn't fit however, then that is a problem.

Voodoo_Man
12-14-11, 13:17
Yea they should be good to go. I use gen4 and gen3 mags no issues...ever.

backfist
12-14-11, 14:17
Likewise...no issues with a mixed lot of mags...

Phillygunguy
12-15-11, 13:55
There's a tad bit of play. Definately nothing excessive. AFAIK, you have nothing to worry about on that front. If the other mag doesn't fit however, then that is a problem.

The other mag doest fit its just a bad mag the follower was sticking out looks like it was put in wrong so im trashing that one

cgcorrea
12-15-11, 14:29
The other mag doest fit its just a bad mag the follower was sticking out looks like it was put in wrong so im trashing that one

Have you contacted Glock, to see if there's any way they can replace it? Those things are not cheap.

Moltke
12-15-11, 16:33
Are you sure these are Glock OEM mags, with all Glock OEM parts? Could be KCI knockoffs...

Phillygunguy
12-15-11, 21:18
Are you sure these are Glock OEM mags, with all Glock OEM parts? Could be KCI knockoffs...

I bought the gun new the mags say glock I assume they are is there a way to tell otherwise?

Phillygunguy
12-15-11, 21:20
Have you contacted Glock, to see if there's any way they can replace it? Those things are not cheap.

No but ill consider it mags aren't that expensive I paid damn near $80 for an HK USP 45 magazine when I had one

Nephrology
12-15-11, 23:26
No but ill consider it mags aren't that expensive I paid damn near $80 for an HK USP 45 magazine when I had one

Glock replaces old and disused magazines for free. 100%. Contact their tech team. I sent in 3 gunshow glock 17 magazines and got back 3 brand spanking new ones with the gen 4 ambi cut. Theres a reason I own 3 of the damn guns.

skyugo
12-16-11, 00:42

glock will definitely make it right.

i sent them a pile of beat up range mags (old gens) they sent me back a pile of brand new mags. all i paid was postage one way.

cgcorrea
12-16-11, 08:16

$80 bucks is up there. But I still think $30 is definately well worth not having to pay. Especially for something you technically already paid for. I'm a cheapskate though;).

Moltke
12-16-11, 08:31
Call glock and tell them about the problem. You'll probably get a keychain and a pen from it too. :)

cgcorrea
12-16-11, 08:37
Glock replaces old and disused magazines for free. 100%. Contact their tech team. I sent in 3 gunshow glock 17 magazines and got back 3 brand spanking new ones with the gen 4 ambi cut. Theres a reason I own 3 of the damn guns.

glock will definitely make it right.

i sent them a pile of beat up range mags (old gens) they sent me back a pile of brand new mags. all i paid was postage one way.

Awesome! Good to know. Peace of mind for when my mags finally decide to sh!t the bed on me down the road(Hopefully not anytime soon).

Phillygunguy
12-16-11, 14:34
Ok well called glock and they said mail to them and they'll send another out Thanks Guys