PDA

View Full Version : Under Armour Tactical Mirage Shoe

mildot
12-15-11, 17:55
So UA stuff is very popular these days, I suppose that most, if not all of it is made off shore. These shoes get good reviews and are modestly priced around $85, which is reasonable to me.
Any HSLD or LSHD troops using them and can comment on the fit,quality,performance etc?

How is UA as a brand? good stuff? or just hyped?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/mildot326/dtdistributors_2185_78957172.jpg

thopkins22
12-15-11, 18:04
I can't speak to their shoes...but it's generally damn good stuff.

Their boxer briefs changed my life....

dlrob
12-15-11, 21:13
Although I don't have that particular model, I wear UA shoes and gear almost every day. Being a high school teacher and football coach, my kids and I give their gear a pretty good workout. It's comfortable and holds up well. I also lift weights and train krav-maga in UA shoes and they hold up better than any other brand I've tried.

Brimstone
12-15-11, 21:40
I have never tried their shoes, but everything else I have by UA is top notch. I love their compression shirts.

bchand01
12-15-11, 21:49
I can comment on those shoes. I own a pair. They are very comfortable. I feel they run a little small so a half size up my be needed. They take abuse at the range, bikes, running, weight lifting, kids, and anything else I throw at them. For $85 I personally seem them to be a good buy.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

SWATcop556
12-16-11, 02:35
Comfortable but durability was lacking on my pair. Only made about 8 months before I started to have some loose stiching and sole separation. I'll stick with Salomons.

Turnkey11
12-16-11, 23:41
Awesome running shoe, you can literally feel the air go into the toe pocket through the top. I wear them at work when Im not wearing my UA Valsetz. Toes and soles are very soft, I actually broke a toe during some strenuous activity that included climbing numerous obstacles and climbing/traversing ropes and jumping.

trinydex
12-18-11, 23:32
what makes these shoes tactical?

SWATcop556
12-19-11, 03:56
Same thing that makes anything tactical. All black, non reflective, marked to "operators," and usually costs 10-20% more that the colorful models that are EXACTLY the same.

Abraxas
12-19-11, 05:55
Same thing that makes anything tactical. All black, non reflective, marked to "operators," and usually costs 10-20% more that the colorful models that are EXACTLY the same.

Get the colored models and use "Tactical Magic " to fix it:D

Watrdawg
12-19-11, 07:27
I don't have any experience with their shoes but I have been wearing their Speed Freak Hunting/Hiking boot and love them. I've had them for about 8 months now and wear them anytime I'm outside doing any work or in the woods. At a little over 2lbs they are very light and comfortable. Very nice boot so far.

Voodoo_Man
12-19-11, 07:39
UA has always made awesome stuff, I have never had any of their footwear but I have coworkers that have their boots and they love them.

SWATcop556
12-19-11, 08:33
Not trying to be a prick but commenting on UA apparel with no experience with the shoes in question really doesn't help much.

I own some of their apparel and like it for what it is but IMO the shoes were very lacking and, while comfortable, did not last very long under mild work out use.

I personally feel that 90% of the UA line is over priced and you pay for a logo, but it's your $$$. I fell there are better quality options out there.

Smash
12-19-11, 09:22
Botach has them for 76.95 in a few sizes if it makes your decision easier. I'm all about UA apparel and wear it daily haven't tried any shoes though.

Turnkey11
12-19-11, 11:21
To add to what I posted above, I get a free boot allowance every 18 months and while I like the UA's comfort wise I will be grabbing a free pair of Danner Acadias next time as I feel for my job the UA's dont offer enough support in the sole or toe.

Jaysop
12-19-11, 11:39
Out of curiosity, What is a "tactical sneaker" used for?

Turnkey11
12-19-11, 12:12
Most people that buy these shoes for work have a need to be able to run on the job, either chasing people on foot or responding to disturbances inside the fence.

Jaysop
12-19-11, 14:19
I think id prefer something a little more protective if I was "working" in the shoes.
I prefer boots in most cases. Bates lights come to mind for running.
You can use your feet as tools from kicking doors to leverage. I see a use for something like this tho.
They look like crosstraing or gym shoes to me, just all black.

On another note... I had UA shoes for a while, they created a real pain in my shin that translated to knee pain FWIW

Turnkey11
12-19-11, 19:12
I think id prefer something a little more protective if I was "working" in the shoes.
I prefer boots in most cases. Bates lights come to mind for running.
You can use your feet as tools from kicking doors to leverage. I see a use for something like this tho.
They look like crosstraing or gym shoes to me, just all black.

Exactly why I switched back to boots and am getting the free pair on Danner Acadias in about a year. I think these shoes in question are marketed by UA as trail running shoes or cross trainers, the cross trainer part I agree they are gtg.

Jaysop
12-19-11, 19:53
I love danners, most comfortable durable boot ive owned.
They are heavy bitches though. And the price tag isnt for everyone.
They're just my favorite boot the Marine Corps approves of.

Smash
12-19-11, 20:29
+1 on Danners. I love the comfort and look. The RAT boots to me were another step ahead. They're more rugged on top and are lighter and extra grippy. Although they seem to have the soles wear down a bit faster.