PDA

View Full Version : PPQ fit

number1olddog
12-15-11, 18:03
I've been tossing up the idea of picking one of these up from Grant. I see from different forums that the majority of these bought can be pretty wobbly (slide to frame slop). Is this an issue or could it be an issue overtime?

ralph
12-15-11, 22:20
I've been tossing up the idea of picking one of these up from Grant. I see from different forums that the majority of these bought can be pretty wobbly (slide to frame slop). Is this an issue or could it be an issue overtime?

I own one, yes, there is a little play between the frame and slide..It's a non issue.. just as slop between a upper and lower on a AR is a non issue.. On a PPQ, the barrel and slide are locked together when it's in battery, the sights are on top of the slide..where ever you put the sights that's where the bullet will go..It should'nt be an issue now or in the future. As a side note my P-2000 has a little play between the frame and slide as well,(not as much as the PPQ, but still, it's there) it's also very accurate. I've got about 1500rnds on mine.so far, NO problems.. very positive ejection of empty cases. very good trigger. I think you'll be very pleased with the PPQ's accuracy..

Omega Man
12-16-11, 06:19
They are very accurate!

montrala
12-16-11, 06:27
Slide to frame play in those pistols (polymer Walthers, HK, etc) increase reliability. Too tight pistols are more sensitive to fouling, dirt, etc. When barrel is locked inside slide and sights are on slide then actually frame to slide play has no impact on accuracy, frame is here just to keep slide in place ;) AFAIK original tolerances for slide/frame fit for M1911 were generous as well. At least WWII era pistols that I checked had significant play there.

Anyway, actually even with this play slide by itself tend to return into same spot every time. It is just user can move it around by hand.

If sights would be mounted to frame (like on USPSA/IPSC race guns), then this play could have huge impact on accuracy.

Very tight fit is good for collector items and mentioned pistols with frame mounted sights.