PDA

View Full Version : low pro gas block question?

WaterChunker
12-15-11, 20:17
So im looking at a clamp low pro gas block and and im guessing a set screw type gas block? Honestly whats the difference between the two?
A)http://www.topnotchtactical.com/content-product_info/product_id-2993/daniel_defense_750_mk12_lp_gas_block.html

B)http://www.thegunsandgearstore.com/clamp-profile-black-clamps-barrel-p-20557.html
I ruled out a pinned gas block since this is something i'm installing myself. I'm figuring some thread lock and this isn't coming undone.

nimdabew
12-15-11, 20:51
Get it pinned if it is going to be a serious rifle.

WaterChunker
12-15-11, 21:59
Get it pinned if it is going to be a serious rifle.
It's just a stag model 2.

Col_Crocs
12-15-11, 23:02
Between the 2, get the set screw one.
I'd like to back track a bit if you dont mind...
How is your weapopn currently configured? Does it have an FSB? If so, youre better off shaving it down into a gas block that fits under your planned rail. It's not a difficult job and it's cheap, if not free. Plus, Nothing beats the durability of the original pinned FSB.

WaterChunker
12-15-11, 23:54
Between the 2, get the set screw one.
I'd like to back track a bit if you dont mind...
How is your weapopn currently configured? Does it have an FSB? If so, youre better off shaving it down into a gas block that fits under your planned rail. It's not a difficult job and it's cheap, if not free. Plus, Nothing beats the durability of the original pinned FSB.

It's the original fsb off the stag model 2. I have a 10" daniel defense lite rail for it.

skyugo
12-16-11, 00:00
It's the original fsb off the stag model 2. I have a 10" daniel defense lite rail for it.

why not just grind the sight off the current gas block? that's kind of the best and cheapest way to go. it's pinned, you already own it, it's solid. I know it sounds like some redneck shit, but it's a good way to go.

WaterChunker
12-16-11, 00:26
why not just grind the sight off the current gas block? that's kind of the best and cheapest way to go. it's pinned, you already own it, it's solid. I know it sounds like some redneck shit, but it's a good way to go.

It's a possibility if it can be done cleanly. First time taking the fsb off,..if its pinned can I just re-pin the new one in the old ones place without trapping the barrel?

Col_Crocs
12-17-11, 07:38
Iwith a little bit of time and a good eye, it can definitely be done cleanly. I wouldnt worry too much about it, just make sure you take off enough to clear you rail. On using the same pins, yes, you can. It's also advisable that you take note of which pin came from where and pin them back into their respective pinholes.