PDA

View Full Version : Best 9mm Suppressor Host?

Eurodriver
12-16-11, 07:40
Because Scott at Silenced America is such a freaking kick ass dude, I ended up committing to an AAC Tirant9 this morning. I sent an email inquiring about a Form 3 thats currently in process for my 762SD and within minutes he had emailed me back, called the NFA branch, and has since called me back twice. (Did I mention its not even 8AM in Texas yet?) Awesome customer service and way more personal than what I got at "the" other suppressor giant out west.

I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 right now, but I'm thinking I'd like to get another 9mm. I am thinking the USP Tactical with the factory threaded barrel but I'm sure there are others out there. I've seen quite a few M&P9s with threaded barrels.

Or should I just go ahead and get a barrel for the 19 and call it a day?

Also, will factory 147gr rounds remain subsonic or should I buy the Fiocchi 158gr? (I don't even know why I'm asking this, its going to be like 7 months before I get it)

glocktogo
12-16-11, 13:40
Because Scott at Silenced America is such a freaking kick ass dude, I ended up committing to an AAC Tirant9 this morning. I sent an email inquiring about a Form 3 thats currently in process for my 762SD and within minutes he had emailed me back, called the NFA branch, and has since called me back twice. (Did I mention its not even 8AM in Texas yet?) Awesome customer service and way more personal than what I got at "the" other suppressor giant out west.

I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 right now, but I'm thinking I'd like to get another 9mm. I am thinking the USP Tactical with the factory threaded barrel but I'm sure there are others out there. I've seen quite a few M&P9s with threaded barrels.

Or should I just go ahead and get a barrel for the 19 and call it a day?

Also, will factory 147gr rounds remain subsonic or should I buy the Fiocchi 158gr? (I don't even know why I'm asking this, its going to be like 7 months before I get it)

Make sure any pre-threaded pistol you're looking at is the same thread pattern as your can. Personally, I prefer a G-17 for my Evo-9. It handles better than the G-19 with a can attached.

wahoo95
12-16-11, 14:19
Having experience with my Trident 9 on a G19, USPSD9, Sig 226, and M&P9....my favorite host is the P226 followed by the M&P9

Eurodriver
12-16-11, 15:35
Glocktogo, good point. I forgot that most HKs and such are metric threads.

Having experience with my Trident 9 on a G19, USPSD9, Sig 226, and M&P9....my favorite host is the P226 followed by the M&P9

Why do you say that? Grant has M&P9 full sizes with threaded barrels for $499, I've always liked the M&P series but I have a Glock 19 with an unbelieveable amount of magazines (Like 30). Would it be best to drop a threaded barrel in that?

When you say your favorite host, what quantifies that? Weight? Balance? Noise?

wahoo95
12-16-11, 15:55
Glocktogo, good point. I forgot that most HKs and such are metric threads.

Why do you say that? Grant has M&P9 full sizes with threaded barrels for $499, I've always liked the M&P series but I have a Glock 19 with an unbelieveable amount of magazines (Like 30). Would it be best to drop a threaded barrel in that?

When you say your favorite host, what quantifies that? Weight? Balance? Noise?

The P226 had the best balance and sound of all of them. I have since sold my P226 since I only used it as a host. I now use a M&P9 since its my go to pistol for everything. Sound is good but the P226 balanced better and had a slight edge in sound.

Eurodriver
12-16-11, 17:56
Hmm. I just sold a Sig p228. I really didn't like it, and I don't like my buddy's 226 either but I really want something that can take advantage of the sound and balance.

What about Beretta M9s, and other full size steel framed guns? (Do they make HKs with 1/2x28 barrels or would it be best to get a metric threaded piston for the can?)

Todd.K
12-16-11, 18:36
If you like your G19 just get a threaded barrel for it, it will work well.

condition 1
12-16-11, 20:20
Sig 226 IMHO, I have 2 Beretta's 92fs and a M&P Threaded, the 226 just feels right with the Ti-Rant, I haven't had the chance to pick up the Glock 19 barrel yet... as far as "Thread size" just get both pistons, 1/2x28 & 13.5LH it only takes a few minutes to change out, really not a issue. second would be the M&P with laser grips, The M&P feels lighter to me. They all work great with the Fiocchi 158 Subsonic, and all sound about the same, it is quiet enough to her the springs in the gun and suppressor working.

wahoo95
12-16-11, 20:51
I will add though that if you already have Glocks and like that platform just stick with it. Else you'll end up like me and buy a Sig or something else to only use with the can. My Glock was plenty reliable and your TiRant should have better balance since it weight a little less than my Trident. Another bonus is that the Lone Wolf threaded barrels are fairly inexpensive and work fine.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/IMG_2574.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
12-16-11, 21:17
The PSA Glock Factory threaded barrels are great.

Metric threads. Which are preferred.

HK is what I'd recommend aside from Glock.

G19 + Ti-RANT 9S seems extremely desirable.

Fireman1291
12-17-11, 08:29
I replied to your PM. If you can make it to the range Thursday you will have a hands on experience and go from there.

Im bringing

G19/Tirant9
HK USP9SD/ Osprey9
HK USP45T/ Osprey45
GSG1911/ Sparrow
MK18 MOD0/ M42000
Serbu super shorty

Jer
12-17-11, 11:10
I might add that you should consider .45 as well. As much as I love, love, LOVE 9mm I would probably buy a .45 to suppress since subsonic makes for better suppression. You can also shoot both .45 as well as 9mm through a .45 can. Just a thought but not mission critical.

I replied to your PM. If you can make it to the range Thursday you will have a hands on experience and go from there.

Im bringing

G19/Tirant9
HK USP9SD/ Osprey9
HK USP45T/ Osprey45
GSG1911/ Sparrow
MK18 MOD0/ M42000
Serbu super shorty

Wish this guy was my range buddy. :D

Eurodriver
12-17-11, 11:37
I might add that you should consider .45 as well. As much as I love, love, LOVE 9mm I would probably buy a .45 to suppress since subsonic makes for better suppression. You can also shoot both .45 as well as 9mm through a .45 can. Just a thought but not mission critical.

Wish this guy was my range buddy. :D

Unfortunately, thats incorrect. 9mm suppressed is quieter than .45 suppressed and buying factory 147gr 9mm ammo is subsonic anyway, not to mention the widespread availability of Fiocchi 158gr subsonic.

Regardless, It doesn't matter because I already bought a 9mm suppressor.

silentmark
12-17-11, 23:00
Just grab a threaded barrel for your Glock and you'll be good to go. I love my G17 with SWR Trident suppressor:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/silentmark73/suppressedglock.jpg

Marines42
12-26-11, 14:59

I bought the M&P 9mm spec ops model with the threaded barrel but actually replaced that one because it wasn't 1/2x28 which is what most 9mm suppressors are threaded for. I bought a barrel from Storm Lake and use it with an AAC Evo 9. It's a great combo with Fiocchi 158gr subsonic. Here is a link to a video I took with mine and you can see it is a nice combo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mercenary4801?feature=guide

Jmacken37
12-29-11, 19:32
Just get a Lone Wolf barrel for your G19. You'll be fine with decent 147 grain 9mm staying subsonic. I've heard good things about the 158 grain Fiocchi, but haven't tried it yet.

Jake

Fireman1291
12-30-11, 05:35
^
I shoot 158 fiocchi in this video.:dirol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc_Wggz2qw