PDA

View Full Version : CSAT in Feb.

sadmin
12-16-11, 08:39
Anyone shooting the CSAT class in Feb? Just seeing if maybe I would "know" anyone...

MerryChristmas.

Grim Fandango
12-18-11, 20:56
I'd be interested in attending. I've been trying to find an intro/basic-level carbine course, but the only classes I've been able to find in Texas so far have sounded like advanced courses. I'm in the Houston area, but I'd be willing to go to Nacogdoches to train with Paul Howe.

Can anyone comment on how the CSAT carbine course ranks in required experience level?

rudy99
12-19-11, 11:14
I'd be interested in attending. I've been trying to find an intro/basic-level carbine course, but the only classes I've been able to find in Texas so far have sounded like advanced courses. I'm in the Houston area, but I'd be willing to go to Nacogdoches to train with Paul Howe.

Can anyone comment on how the CSAT carbine course ranks in required experience level?

I think the basic rifle class at CSAT is fine for beginners. I was a beginner when I went last year in November (AAR (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=67673)). When I took that class I had owned my rifle for less than 6-months and probably only had 100-200 rounds downrange with it. As long as you can load and unload your rifle and are generally familiar with how your weapon system works, you will be fine in this class.

See also:
AAR: CSAT Tactical Rifle Course, 10-11 APRIL 2010 (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=52932)

old grunt
02-06-12, 09:39
Planning on taking Tactical Pistol I with Paul this year(hopefully, June). I have a one week FBI Tactical pistol course under my belt, but look forward to learning CSAT's techniques. Eventually(when I get my AR this year)will follow-up with a Carbine course also, then finally a 2-Gun type course(pistol/carbine) also.

tbaker
02-23-12, 10:58
sadmin,
did you end up taking the Feb course? if so, how did you like it?

sadmin
02-23-12, 13:47
I didnt! Im now aiming for the may 5th -6th class.

JB13
02-18-13, 15:47
I was at the Feb 2013 course. Great course all around.