PDA

View Full Version : Cerkote My P2000??

ghostrider1
12-16-11, 23:14
Well, I did plan on selling or trading this p2000 of mine. After changing the hammer spring and firing it at the range, I decided to keep it. My wife ordered a holster for it for me for christmas from Steve at ps holsters which I am waiting on it now (like a kid waiting for santa). The pistol does show some holster wear and I think it (holster wear) is ugly. I was looking at getting the slide done in np3 but, I'm not a fan of the stainless look. I did see a cerakote color which I believe it to be burnt bronze. Mann this color looks sexy and from what I hear and read, it is a great coating. My problem is finding someone that can do a good job and not be so damn expensive.

bluejackets92fs
12-16-11, 23:31
Well, I did plan on selling or trading this p2000 of mine. After changing the hammer spring and firing it at the range, I decided to keep it. My wife ordered a holster for it for me for christmas from Steve at ps holsters which I am waiting on it now (like a kid waiting for santa). The pistol does show some holster wear and I think it (holster wear) is ugly. I was looking at getting the slide done in np3 but, I'm not a fan of the stainless look. I did see a cerakote color which I believe it to be burnt bronze. Mann this color looks sexy and from what I hear and read, it is a great coating. My problem is finding someone that can do a good job and not be so damn expensive.

I'm not trying to steer you away from cerakote, but have you ever consider Guncoat or Duracoat? Guncoat is baked on after applying and Duracoat is sprayed on. Both are very easy to do and have yielded great results for me so far. Just a thought because it can be had for around 35-50 dollhairs depending on color, quantity. etc... plus you can do it in a quick time frame assuming you have an oven and or an air compressor.

GermanSynergy
12-17-11, 06:43
Waste of time and money. Buy ammo or attend a reputable training class.

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-17-11, 07:03
Learn to love honest wear. The finish will get scratched in 5 min and you will be back to square one.

MrMiller
12-17-11, 08:34
I did see a Cerakote color which I believe it to be burnt bronze.

I had a customer ask for that very color recently. When I looked I couldn't find it available in Cerakote.
The only reference was one of their powder coat colors.

Maybe I missed it?

Nephrology
12-17-11, 09:09
Learn to love honest wear. The finish will get scratched in 5 min and you will be back to square one.

Amen. My least favorite thing about buying used guns isn't the finish wear but that the finish wear isnt my finish wear!

ghostrider1
12-17-11, 21:30
A pistol class is in the making. While some might say that holster is added character to a gun, I think once you pay damn near $1000 for a gun, the finish should hold up for a while berore fading. I got this in a trade from a friend for my usp compact. We had them both for the same amount of time and the usp had a lil more wear on it than the p2000. Gunkote and duracoat are fine but, I don't think that is good direction to go.