PDA

View Full Version : 77 gr. .224 cal. SMK HPBTM w/cannelure

Submariner
12-05-07, 19:07
Wideners has them. (http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8449)

Not cheap at $110/500, but...:cool:

5pins
12-05-07, 22:42
Wow $22 per 100 before shipping. As much as I would like to try them I think I will stick with the Hornady 75grs.

jmart
12-05-07, 23:29
A quick check showed Natchez has the same bullet, w/o cannelure, for $89/500. Use a Lee FCD or a taper crimp die and you don't really need the cannelure.

Submariner
12-06-07, 07:54
A quick check showed Natchez has the same bullet, w/o cannelure, for $89/500. Use a Lee FCD or a taper crimp die and you don't really need the cannelure.

Yeah, but you know how some folks want to duplicate Mk 262 Mod 1.:rolleyes:

Me? I'll stick with Hornady for about half the cost and taper crimp.

jmart
12-06-07, 08:23

Yep. They just parrot back the design requirement w/o understanding what the operational requirement is. And there are many alternative solutions, but they'd just as soon pay extra for the mfg to include a step that they know in their heart of hearts is just plain dumb.

Are you living off of an old stash or do you have a source that sells Hornady that inexpensively, even today?

Rmplstlskn
12-06-07, 09:42

My MK262 quest is for identical POINT OF IMPACT so I can roll my own practice rounds and leave the expensive MK262 seconds for something important... This would include accuracy, velocity as well as POI... Not an easy task...

The Nosler's are also cheap and very accurate...

Rmpl