PDA

View Full Version : It's finally finished

Dozer
12-05-07, 21:27
Last year after reading so many posts and looking at so many beautiful 1911s on this forum and others, I decided to go out and buy one. I ran across a lightly used SA Loaded 9109L on another forum and decided to buy it. I shot a couple of hundred rounds through it and then decided to send it out for some work. I did some research and got some quotes and finally found a ‘smith to do the work. I sent it out last April and I finally received some pictures of the finished product. This will probably end up being my new nightstand gun. I just need to get a new light (Surefire X300) and some new grips, probably going to use some slim line VZ grips. This forum influenced me heavily but I think it worked out pretty good. What do you guys think?

S/F

fivepointoh
12-05-07, 21:37
Beautiful.

What work did the unnamed smith do to it.

I love my Springer.

Nuthin like gettin your pistol back right before Christmas. :D

Dozer
12-05-07, 21:54
Thanks 5.0, I had Eric Zinn from EZ Firearms (http://www.ezfirearms.com/index.html) do the work. I had the MSH changed out for a Wilson Combat MSH with an integral lanyard loop, beveled the magazine well, new grip safety, 10-8 slide release and magazine release, 10-8 flat trigger set to 4lbs, checkered front strap, undercut trigger guard, Dawson Precision light rail, 10-8 rear sight opened to .150, XS standard front sight, reliability package, and dehorn. I know I'm missing something else but I can't think of it right now.

S/F

Linea_de_Fuego
12-05-07, 22:01
Last year after reading so many posts and looking at so many beautiful 1911s on this forum and others, I decided to go out and buy one. I ran across a lightly used SA Loaded 9109L on another forum and decided to buy it. I shot a couple of hundred rounds through it and then decided to send it out for some work. I did some research and got some quotes and finally found a ‘smith to do the work. I sent it out last April and I finally received some pictures of the finished product. This will probably end up being my new nightstand gun. I just need to get a new light (Surefire X300) and some new grips, probably going to use some slim line VZ grips. This forum influenced me heavily but I think it worked out pretty good. What do you guys think?
S/F

I think it looks great. That is just about how I had my 1911 configured.

Dozer
12-07-07, 06:48
I think it looks great. That is just about how I had my 1911 configured.

Thanks, I was really trying to keep it simple.