PDA

View Full Version : Lost a friend, Cpl Allen C. Roberts

fivepointoh
12-05-07, 21:50
Hey guys, had a lot of time sitting around lately as I've had a few grad papers to write and haven't been going out much.

Anyways, I just caught word of one of my friends from friends from grade school and high school just died from an IED over in the box (I've also heard vehicle accident and there are conflicting reports). He was a Cpl. in the USMC and a highly motivated individual. He grew up all his life having a pretty rough childhood. (lots of kids picked on him through grade school because he was small, he came from a poor family, etc.)

How I wish I could have been there with ya brother. (I could not join due to a severe hearing loss). I hope you're in a better place now and you're watching over all your brothers and sisters serving right now. I know you are and I wish I could have told you one last time thank you for your service.

Also I'd like to extend this thank you to all service members, past, present and future. This is the second friend I have lost, the first was Lance Cpl. Jonathon Collins. RIP guys.

If you want to read about it here is the link.

http://www.legacy.com/news-gazette/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=98877489

http://www.patriotguard.org/Portals/0/NTForums_Attach/IMG_2013.jpg

http://www.patriotguard.org/Portals/0/NTForums_Attach/IMG_150522.JPG

Dozer
12-05-07, 21:59
Fair winds and following seas brother.

S/F

Buck
12-05-07, 22:13
Eternal Father, grant, we pray,
To all Marines, both night and day,
The courage, honor, strength, and skill
Their land to serve, thy law fulfill
Be thou the shield forevermore
From every peril to the Corps.

Robb Jensen
12-05-07, 22:17
Semper Fi and R.I.P. Marine. :(

Rmplstlskn
12-05-07, 22:31
Saddened and prayers to family and friends sent... :(

Rmpl

Grey
12-05-07, 22:35
Please accept my heartfelt condolences at the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace.

AMMOTECH
12-05-07, 22:43
I'm sorry for your loss.
RIP Marine.
:(

whitetiger7654
12-05-07, 22:54
Godspeed Marine. May we meet someday as you guard the pearly gates.

USMC
12-05-07, 23:07
Semper Fi

Bolt_Overide
12-05-07, 23:30
Always saddened to hear of a fellow warriors death.. Semper Fi Marine.

ErikL
12-06-07, 01:30
RIP brother.

ddemis
12-06-07, 02:16
I know just how you feel brother. I lost my best friend Stan Lapinski (ARMY) to a IED in Irag back in 2004. Say a prayer for him and remember the words of Gen. George s. Patton: should we mourn the loss of these brave men?yes, but thank GOD they ever lived!

Failure2Stop
12-06-07, 02:43
Sorry brother.

If you can, save for them a place inside yourself. When you leave, save a look back of the places they can no longer go.

DANGER CLOSE
12-06-07, 04:21
"they will find the streets are guarded, by United States Marines"

semper fi, brother.
rest in peace

panzerr
12-06-07, 07:56
It doesn't matter how fast you run, how good of a shot you are and how tactically proficient you may be, an IED will smoke you just the same.

f*cking IEDs.

K.L. Davis
12-06-07, 09:07
Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho’ from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

--Alfred Lord Tennyson

Godspeed.

fivepointoh
12-06-07, 10:38
Thank you all. I will fwd the replies to his mother.

Joseywales
12-06-07, 18:28
Abraham Lincoln Said it best:

"Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting-place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,--

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

rayray
12-06-07, 20:03
Rest in peace Hero.

jpprescott
12-07-07, 10:40
Rest in Peace Marine

SeriousStudent
12-10-07, 22:58
Prayers sent for your fallen friend. May you and his family be granted peace and strength during these times of trial.

May God greet him warmly as a cherished friend, and may he receive the just honors due him.

I am sorry your your loss.

Safetyhit
12-11-07, 13:48
My condolences to all involved, and my prayers as well. Sounds like Cpl. Roberts was just coming into his own after some tough younger years. We are proud of him and appreciate his sacrifice.