PDA

View Full Version : Adams Arms Evo "Ultra Lite" ... any feedback?

^Rb
12-18-11, 20:22
Hi all -

Looking for some first-hand feedback on the Adams Arms Evo "Ultra Lite" upper.

I don't want to start another DI vs. piston battle. I have a few DI rifles already (one with a Colt upper) and I love them. I just want something different. I understand the AA is not TDP, but from what I've read about their products, they seem OK.

The only credible review I've found is this one: http://www.defensereview.com/adams-arms-aa-evo-ultralite-gas-pistonop-rod-ar-upper-receiver-assemblies-super-accurate-and-super-fast/

Very lightweight (with rail), piston, melonite barrel... all sound pretty good.

Thoughts, anyone?

Huldra128
05-03-12, 08:01
Hi all -

Looking for some first-hand feedback on the Adams Arms Evo "Ultra Lite" upper.

I don't want to start another DI vs. piston battle. I have a few DI rifles already (one with a Colt upper) and I love them. I just want something different. I understand the AA is not TDP, but from what I've read about their products, they seem OK.

The only credible review I've found is this one: http://www.defensereview.com/adams-arms-aa-evo-ultralite-gas-pistonop-rod-ar-upper-receiver-assemblies-super-accurate-and-super-fast/

Very lightweight (with rail), piston, melonite barrel... all sound pretty good.

Thoughts, anyone?

RB,

I have the Huldra Arms version of this. It has a 14 inch .625 diameter barrel with a 2.5 inch permanantly attached flash hider. The flash hider(Adams calls it the Manimal and Huldra calls it the Slant...norwegian for slim) is a small dieameter as well. Small enough to slip the gas block over. A I have about 700 rds through mine and have had no issues. That 700 rds was in less than a week. 500 rds was ran through it in less than 25 mins. The owner of Huldra Arms wanted me to make sure it fed with no issues. I did not have a single malfunction with it. I was able to get about an inch group with it a 100 yds. At the moment I can't remember what bullet weight and brand I was using(I have it in my notes at home). Any other questions send me a PM.

Mike

Huldra128
05-03-12, 21:13
The flash hider should be Slank not slant.