PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk j-frame holsters.

skyugo
12-18-11, 22:25
I'm currently using a desantis nemesis pocket holster. I'm curious about some appendix and IWB options...

what are yall using? tuckable would be cool.....

fourXfour
12-18-11, 22:48
For IWB, I like the Galco VHawk. For OWB, the Raven Concealment phantom is still my favorite. I have a raven pocket holster on order.

I have a few other pocket holsters, leather belt holsters, comp-tac CTAC and a smart carry. I had an ankle holster and I let someone borrow it years ago.

mhanna91
12-19-11, 01:20
I am interested in this topic as well. I currently use a Don Hume IWB leather holster, one with a single metal clip. It tends to shift cant throughout the day which pisses me off. I would like something with neutral cant for AIWB carry, but with leather loops that would securely snap around my belt. Any thoughts? I would rather keep it under $60 if possible.

ColdDeadHands
12-19-11, 08:19
This holster is a Galco Stryker:

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz170/mw1311/My%20Guns/DSCN0314.jpg

While it is ok for concealment in winter I'm looking at getting a Galco Concealable. I'm not a fan of pocket carry.

backspur
12-19-11, 09:39
I use a Comp-Tac CTAC. It is high quality, comfortable, with lots of options for adjustment. It is also tuckable, although I haven't used it that way. It is probably overkill for a j-frame, but I still hardly notice it's there.

Hizzie
12-19-11, 09:59
For AIWB I use a Chicago Rocker-Crossdraw from Bell Charter Oak Holsters.

skyugo
12-19-11, 11:39
For AIWB I use a Chicago Rocker-Crossdraw from Bell Charter Oak Holsters.

do you find any issue with this rotating due to the single clip? I used to carry a g26 in a mr softy, and while it was comfortable i always had to sweep in from behind on draw to ensure the gun rotated forward enough to grip.

Hizzie
12-19-11, 14:06
do you find any issue with this rotating due to the single clip? I used to carry a g26 in a mr softy, and while it was comfortable i always had to sweep in from behind on draw to ensure the gun rotated forward enough to grip.

None. The spring steel clip BCO uses is stout and has a metal tooth to prevent premature removal. Rig works with belted jeans, adidas pants and sweats.

Hizzie
12-20-11, 10:44
Just checked out BCO's website again, been a few years. He used to have more options for his holsters. My Chicago Rocker is set up as a crossdraw with muzzle forward cant. It is also in a natural finish with the rough side out. All I can suggest is to call Lefty Lewis and ask him if he can make what you want. Worst he can say NO.

Best pic I have.
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae322/strangler366/Guns%204%20Sale/RSCN1345.jpg

skyugo
12-20-11, 11:29
None. The spring steel clip BCO uses is stout and has a metal tooth to prevent premature removal. Rig works with belted jeans, adidas pants and sweats.

hmm cool. It may have been more of an issue with the G26 as it's quite a bit more grip heavy than a j-frame... 10 rounds of 9mm stuffed in there and all. Nothing more convenient to put on than a single steel clip.

SmokeJumper
12-20-11, 12:29
For IWB carry I use the cheapo Uncle Mikes neoprene holster with the belt clip or a roughed out Bullman TSAC IWB holster that I picked up off of a forum with the Alessi Talon clip. The Bullman is more rock solid and stays put, but he's not taking any holster orders at all. I carry both in AIWB, but honestly my j-frames see more pocket and ankle carry. Alessi ankle rig or Alessi, Galco, Desantis pocket holsters work out good for me, had to do a little pocket holster experimentation at first.
A good option you may want to look at is the Desbiens #6 for wheel gun AIWB http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/iwb-holsters/
Rhome Desbiens makes good leather, a little wait, but you may get lucky find one at a dealer, he can probably tell you who stocks his stuff. Also look at the Alessi Talon series with a talon clip, I think they stock those for j-frames, so you probably wouldn't have a wait there.

Hizzie- What is the G-10/Micarta object next to your wheel gun and under the knife in the pic? A pen/stylus/kubaton? Thanks

Hizzie
12-20-11, 13:02
Hizzie- What is the G-10/Micarta object next to your wheel gun and under the knife in the pic? A pen/stylus/kubaton? Thanks

It is a Poltergeist Works "Coobothan" made by Jakub Wieczorkiewicz of Poland. It was $75 + 10 shipping when I purchased it some time ago. http://www.poltergeistworks.pl/ It is G-10 and a fun little tool.

rjacobs
12-20-11, 17:50
I'm looking at getting a Galco Concealable.

I love mine, its really the only thing my 642 ever rides in. I have a Desanti's Nemesis, but I tend to wear tighter pants(non cargo) and it just prints to much for me to be comfortable. This summer though when I switch back to cargo shorts I will most likely start pocket carrying the 642 a whole lot more.

SmokeJumper
12-20-11, 19:41
It is a Poltergeist Works "Coobothan" made by Jakub Wieczorkiewicz of Poland. It was $75 + 10 shipping when I purchased it some time ago. http://www.poltergeistworks.pl/ It is G-10 and a fun little tool.

Cool, thanks

mhanna91
12-27-11, 23:57
I scoured the web for J-frame holsters for a couple hours yesterday and I think I found something that will work. In my initial post in this thread, I said I wanted something with a leather loop snapped around the belt. Then I re-assessed the ease of putting on my metal clip holster, and the clip's thinner profile as compared to a leather loop, and I began looking at models that had a clip instead of a loop. I found one from Side Guard Holsters. The clip is high on the holster so the majority of the bulk of the gun will be below the belt, and it is a tuckable holster to boot. Also, you can choose your desired cant when ordering. Another thing I like about this maker is that they ask your belt width when ordering. This makes me think that they have different sized metal clips for different belts, which is probably important because a 1.75" clip will have more room to rotate on a 1.5" belt. The price is right too.
http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckClip.htm

skyugo
12-28-11, 02:20
I scoured the web for J-frame holsters for a couple hours yesterday and I think I found something that will work. In my initial post in this thread, I said I wanted something with a leather loop snapped around the belt. Then I re-assessed the ease of putting on my metal clip holster, and the clip's thinner profile as compared to a leather loop, and I began looking at models that had a clip instead of a loop. I found one from Side Guard Holsters. The clip is high on the holster so the majority of the bulk of the gun will be below the belt, and it is a tuckable holster to boot. Also, you can choose your desired cant when ordering. Another thing I like about this maker is that they ask your belt width when ordering. This makes me think that they have different sized metal clips for different belts, which is probably important because a 1.75" clip will have more room to rotate on a 1.5" belt. The price is right too.

hmm we may have a winner here. i like that.

Hizzie
12-28-11, 15:14
Look at the clip. Doesn't look like it can "bite" clothing, belt only. FIST holsters uses that same clip as BCO. Take a look at their stuff.

Mark/MO
12-29-11, 20:54

Looks nice. I too have started looking around for a J frame IWB holster. I want something simple, one metal clip (probably) and can tuck if I decide to. I'd be interested to hear feedback on this one if someone decides to get it.

SmokeJumper
12-30-11, 00:02
Ok, so since we're giving/asking for j-frame holster experiences/preferences, anybody have experience with the Kramer pocket holster for a J-frame?
http://www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=25&categoryID=28
It looks like a smaller profile than most, supposed to have a flat side that faces out, different design. An opportunity to purchase one has come about and curious what users have to say.

mhanna91
12-30-11, 09:39
I just placed my order with Side Guard Holsters. The man's name is Erik, and he seems to do whatever is necessary to build a holster that fits the customer's needs. I ordered the Tuck Clip, the one in the link I posted, but with a twist. We talked about the metal clip he uses, which by nature must be 1/4" over sized so that it can be attached to the belt without un-threading. He recommended a different idea when I said I want an exact fit to my belt. He said he could replace the clip with a stitched shut leather loop for the belt to go through (stitched above and below the belt, like loops commonly found on knife sheaths). This would require me to un-thread my belt, but since I wear my J-frame at 1 o'clock, its not a big deal because it would only mean taking my belt out of 1 loop at most. This method of attachment is supposed to provide a much slimmer profile than a leather loop with a snap, and will provide an exact fit to my belt so that it will be tight and not shift around. Lead time is 8-9 weeks for my order, but it will be worth the wait I think. I will post up when it arrives.

blackscot
12-30-11, 12:14
The past several summers have found me with my 640 Centennial riding AIWB in FIST's cantable, ultra-thin kydex with j-hook loop under a loose t-shirt. Comfy, no print, and speedy access. :neo:

MAUSER202
12-30-11, 14:25
I have a Galco Royal guard IWB. This is a well made comfortable holster. I have had it over 10 years and it is the only holster out of a half dozen or so that I kept for my 442.
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=883&GunID=109

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-01-12, 03:27
For those ordering Side Guard Holsters, please post a review in this thread. Im very interested in his rough side out pocket holster for my wifes purse.

jp0319
01-01-12, 06:05
I found this holster from A Holster (http://shop.aholster.com/product.sc;jsessionid=4AAB4E0B0BF09E9BD69BDDFFDD0E3EB5.qscstrfrnt03?productId=1&categoryId=1) It is a Kydex pocket holster. I have one ordered but I will not be able to use until I go home on leave in March. The people I have read reviews from seem to like it.

JP

caddishatch
01-01-12, 17:32
I have a galco tuck and go for my J frame and love it.

Fordtough25
01-06-12, 21:45
I'm currently using a Blackhawk owb holster but some of these look like a lot better option!

suthrncop66
01-07-12, 00:52
been carrying a Remora for some time now and have to say I like it alot and Alan is great to work with....inexpensive and a lifetime warranty...it has become my go to holster......also have a kholster that I like, but really like the Remora

HeadHunter
01-09-12, 19:17
I really like Bobby Mac's SN-1 holster. Like he says it's not a great rig for training classes but for carry it works really well.
http://www.bobmacs.com/SN-1.html

Lost River
01-10-12, 07:07
...After less than 90 days of ankle carry on patrol I was wearing holes through the holster. I called Renegade and was told more or less "too bad". That was roughly about 1999-2000. I keep the holster around to remind myself about customer service.

I was flat broke at the time and had to hold it together with duct tape for a while longer until I could afford another holster for my BUG.

So, I can say that the Renegade Holster of Phoenix AZ is not high on my list due to their customer service, when I needed it most.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/JframeRenegadeholster008.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/JframeRenegadeholster007.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/JframeRenegadeholster002.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/IV_Troop/JframeRenegadeholster001.jpg

I have run a Desantis ankle rig since then, with zero issues. I wear it every day I wear a uniform. It is really a shame too because the Renegade's sheepskin lining was a pretty comfortable rig, but CS matters.

suthrncop66
01-11-12, 22:55
Sounds like they need to take a lesson in customer service...if they are still around...companies sometimes are their own worst enemies

awm14hp
01-12-12, 15:17
I use two Alessi Rigs a ankle rig and talon IWB love both of them. Mine are 10 plus years old and still going strong

RCI1911
02-02-12, 14:24
I use a Crossbread IWB holster for my Taurus 85. I'm not usually a big kydex fan but this is a pretty good holster. Kydex is kind of thin on it but it works. It doesnt take much to control a J-frame. They also offer different clips so you can tuck your shirt in.

Alaskapopo
02-03-12, 03:59
I'm currently using a desantis nemesis pocket holster. I'm curious about some appendix and IWB options...

what are yall using? tuckable would be cool.....

In my opinion if you can carry inside the waist band you can carry a real gun. Meaning a Glock 26 or larger auto or revolver. The J frame is a pocket gun when you can't carry more gun.
pat

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-03-12, 09:57
In my opinion if you can carry inside the waist band you can carry a real gun. Meaning a Glock 26 or larger auto or revolver. The J frame is a pocket gun when you can't carry more gun.
pat

That doesnt apply to everybody, or all styles of dress. To suggest so would be foolish in my opinion.

David Thomas
02-03-12, 10:26
I really like Bobby Mac's SN-1 holster. Like he says it's not a great rig for training classes but for carry it works really well.
http://www.bobmacs.com/SN-1.html

I like that.

blackscot
02-03-12, 11:47
I like that.

Ditto -- pretty slick (except the 2-3 month lead time :shout: ).

That doesnt apply to everybody, or all styles of dress......

.....including me. What little I wear around Richmond during July-August barely hides an AIWB J-frame, much less any kind of "real gun".

Alaskapopo
02-03-12, 13:33
That doesnt apply to everybody, or all styles of dress. To suggest so would be foolish in my opinion.

People have a right to do what they want. It is foolish in my opinion to carry J frame when you could have concealed a more able firearm.
Pat

_rab_
02-03-12, 13:34
...After less than 90 days of ankle carry on patrol I was wearing holes through the holster.

What did you do to that Renegade?!? I've been using one every day for 3 years, no holes in mine :P Sorry to hear about the CS though, if those pictures are any indication, things have improved in the past years.

skyugo
02-03-12, 21:58
pat

you are absolutely right... I guess I was hoping to improve my draw speed (by going IWB with the j frame), but I would probably be better served by keeping my glock on me more often. That said, it's not always a practical choice for me. I bought the j-frame because I found myself going unarmed far too often.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-03-12, 22:44
People have a right to do what they want. It is foolish in my opinion to carry J frame when you could have concealed a more able firearm.
Pat

I agree with this statement. If you couldve concealed a bigger gun but took a J Frame, then you are wrong. But saying that if you can carry IWB then you shouldnt carry a J Frame is not correct, because certain styles of dress do not accomodate a bigger pistol IWB or a J in the pocket.

LSK
02-04-12, 15:01
I have an Lobo Gun leather off set IWB on order for a 642. Will use it in the appendix position while driving.

snappy
02-06-12, 11:52
I've gotten very good usage out of a UBG Becker holster, (Ugly Bald Guy, hey me too!), for a S&W 442 j-frame snubnose. I carry it aiwb most of the time but it can be worn anywhere you want iwb really. Ordered it with the vertical cant and without the body shield as the whole of the cylinder is encased by the holster and the minimal grip profile/rubber grips of this pistol don't need shielding imho. The single, stout clip is offset so as to minimize the thickness of the whole package and it has stayed strong and secure through many many on and off cycles. Retention is solid but the pistol comes free just as it should when drawn and the molding and leather look as good as new despite 100's of days of carry. I'm very impressed! UBG Holsters is a veteran owned business and I recommend his products whole heartedly.

mhanna91
02-06-12, 12:20
I am in the 5th week of my 6-8 week wait for my Side Guard. I'm getting pretty excited about it because my 642 has done nothing but sit in the safe for the past month. I will post some pictures when I get it and also give a review after I get some experience carrying it.

hdrewh
02-25-12, 11:00
FWIW, I love my High Noon "bare asset" holster for the 442. Inexpensive, well-made, conforms nicely to the gun, and especially like the 15% cant....

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Bare_Asset/bare_asset.html

Lucky Strike
02-25-12, 17:37
I use an IWB holster from RKBA Leather for my J-Frame.....I use it for appendix carry and specified an exact location for teh clip so that it would ride as low as it could while still giving me a good grip on it when drawing. I really like it and can carry without printing while wearing a wife beater tank top if i wanted.

DrMark
02-26-12, 13:58
Good info on J-frame holster options. Thanks for the input everyone.

I usually carry something bigger than a J-frame, and when I do carry the J-frame it's in a Mika pocket holster <http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/>.

Still, I appreciate the experience offered re: other holster options.

groobash
02-26-12, 23:39
I may try a couple of recommendations from earlier in this thread, thanks.

I'm pretty happy with my Kholster, on which I've adjusted the clips so it rides a bit lower. It is by far the comfortable option I have tried.

Everything else I've tried feels like my 442 could somehow wiggle out, because the barrel is so short and most of the holsters I've tried ride so high.

fltargetmaster
03-01-12, 23:24
It has been my experience that quality works in the long run. My "sheaths" are all either Andrews Leather versions or PWL. I just really like the fact that there is a human at the other end that can and does help.

KCBRUIN
03-02-12, 02:47
Desantis pocket holster everyday all day with a S&W M&P 340.

mhanna91
03-05-12, 16:39
Okay. As promised, here is my initial review of the Side Guard "tuck-snap". I say that because the one I had made isn't really a tuck snap. It utilizes the same tuckable design but I wanted a sewn shut leather loop instead of a snap that could potentially wear out or loosen over time, so that is what he made me. I just got this in the mail yesterday and wore it all day today. The first time I put the gun in the holster I was amazed at how much of a tight fit it was. I drew/holstered about 100 times and left the gun in the holster all night and it seemed to wear in just fine. The construction is great and the materials seem to be of very high quality. The holster was very comfortable to carry and concealed the gun well. The holster now provides great retention but it is also easy to draw from. For those who are wondering, my belt is "saddle tan" from the Beltman, which is a unique brown that doesn't match many other brown leather dyes. The brown on the Side Guard holster would be much more inconspicuous with most any other brown belt, it just happens to stand out when put next to my saddle tan belt. Here are some pictures.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mhanna91/136.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mhanna91/134.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mhanna91/133.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mhanna91/127.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mhanna91/128.jpg

skyugo
03-06-12, 00:06
wow that is nice...

skyugo
03-07-12, 14:22
just put an order in for a tuck-clip. :D

mhanna- what grips are those?

mhanna91
03-07-12, 14:41
They are Altamont boot grips in super rosewood. If you follow this link it should be the upper left picture of the 9 smaller pictures. I love them.

http://altamontco.com/products/pistol/smith_and_wesson/J-Frame/index.php

ImBroke
03-07-12, 15:01
mhanna91, do you wear that in front or behind your hip bone? Any problems sitting?
Thanks, Adam

Lost River
03-07-12, 15:14
What did you do to that Renegade?!? I've been using one every day for 3 years, no holes in mine :P Sorry to hear about the CS though, if those pictures are any indication, things have improved in the past years.

Sorry for the late reply.

I simply wore it nightly while on patrol. This was back around 99-2000ish. The thing that burned me the most was the flippant attitude I got from Renegade Holsters. I informed them that I had purchased the holster less than 3 months earlier. They pretty much told me to go pound sand.

I had a new bride, was working for an agency that hardly paid anything and we were barely scraping by. I had to tape up the holster and make it work for a while. Buying it the first time was a stretch for us at the time.

Renegade Holsters may have improved their product line since then, but it really does not matter to me now.

I keep it around as a reminder.

mhanna91
03-07-12, 19:06
mhanna91, do you wear that in front or behind your hip bone? Any problems sitting?
Thanks, Adam

The gun is in front of my hip bone. I don't have any trouble sitting or driving, but you can tell it is there.

Amp Mangum
03-08-12, 11:38
I use the DeSantis Super Fly. It is the pocket holster I have found.

skyugo
03-09-12, 01:34
The gun is in front of my hip bone. I don't have any trouble sitting or driving, but you can tell it is there.

I plan to dabble in appendix carry a bit with this setup as well. it seems like the gun is short and well shaped for it.

mhanna91
03-09-12, 09:29
It works very well for appendix carry in my opinion. It just takes the right holster. My old one made the gun ride too high and it would dig into my lower ribs whenever I sat down. The Side Guard seems to cure this problem.

cunroe
03-09-12, 12:58
"...some appendix...options...what are yall using?"

442 in an older Alessi APX picked-up prior to Lou's passing. Showing some signs of wear but it has been durable, comfortable and I intend to use it well into the future.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r14/cunroe/AlessiAPX.jpg

bsmith_shoot
03-17-12, 00:27
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/bsmith_shoot/2012-03-17012352.jpg
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu224/bsmith_shoot/2012-03-17010717.jpg
DeSantis Softuck

kingsford
04-14-12, 21:32
I have a 642 and a model 60, the model 60 is a 3 " barrel. I carry them in a Crossbreed tuckable. It's a comfortable a comfortable holster.

kingsford
04-15-12, 23:13
you suggest that a J frame is not an affective weapon because it is small is arrogant. My model 60 3" barrel in 357 is small and easy to conceal. Is it not better to carry a firearm then go unarmed?even a small firearm?I am sorry but I am get offended that the glock jock tell the rest of us that our weapons are somehow inferior. I think it is more about ability of the user then it is the name on the barrel.

skyugo
04-16-12, 02:33
you suggest that a J frame is not an affective weapon because it is small is arrogant. My model 60 3" barrel in 357 is small and easy to conceal. Is it not better to carry a firearm then go unarmed?even a small firearm?I am sorry but I am get offended that the glock jock tell the rest of us that our weapons are somehow inferior. I think it is more about ability of the user then it is the name on the barrel.

no argument there..
a j-frame (and practice with said j-frame) is enough to solve 99% of defensive encounters.

Still i do strap on the glock when I can. I find myself at school for 10hours a day a lot and the glock tweaks my spine. It also isn't practical in certain more "touchy feely" environments.

Big A
02-13-14, 20:20
I'm looking for a kydex holster for AIWB, any recommendations?

Up1911fan
02-13-14, 21:57
I'm looking for a kydex holster for AIWB, any recommendations?

Dark Star Gear.

walkin' trails
02-16-14, 08:38
I use a Highnoon Mr Softie to carry a 640 no dash AIWB. It is more comfortable than other holsters I've tried to use for that position.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

youreacrab
02-16-14, 16:11
I would recommend Sticky holsters for maximum concealment IWB

RedXd
02-16-14, 22:43
And for ankle carry, what's recommend these days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeriousStudent
02-16-14, 22:50

Alessi ankle holster is my personal favorite. They are not inexpensive, but I think they are the ne plus ultra of ankle rigs.

In the words of Ferris Buehler: "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

RedXd
02-16-14, 22:53
Thanks I'll check them out since I'm forced to carry this way as much as twice per week.

lifebreath
02-18-14, 10:04
I have Glocks (17, 19, 26 and 34), and an M&P Shield, but I find myself carrying the J-Frame most often because of comfort and ease of concealability. My work is such that most frequently my attire is most amenable to appendix or pocket carry, and I feel most comfortable with a revolver for appendix carry. I run Hornady Critical Defense 110 grain, and I can easily put rounds quickly on target, center of mass, using DA at 7-10 yards. Using SA, one ragged hole at 7 yards. Yes, I'd rather have my G17 at all times, but the venerable J-Frame is venerable for a reason and is quite capable. Just wish it held more rounds! I keep a speed load in my left pocket.

Ritchie Leather Stinger. My go-to IWB appendix carry when I don't need to tuck or with a sweater.

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/doug/guns/j-frame/Ritchie%20Stinger.JPG

Mitch Rosen Express. My go-to OWB at 3:30. Rides tight and perfect cant. Bought from Crimson Trace.

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/doug/guns/j-frame/Rosen%20EXP.JPG

Simply Rugged Silver Dollar. My go-to OWB at 3:30 when its against bare skin, because the leather comes up as a sweat guard.

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/doug/guns/j-frame/Simply Rugged SD.JPG

Two pocket carry options, Mika and Delfatti, depending on the pocket. In general, I like the Mika better, but the Delfatti lays flatter.

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/doug/guns/j-frame/Mika Pocket.JPG

http://www.lincolndiagnostics.com/public/doug/guns/j-frame/Delfatti.JPG

442 in an older Alessi APX picked-up prior to Lou's passing. Showing some signs of wear but it has been durable, comfortable and I intend to use it well into the future.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r14/cunroe/AlessiAPX.jpg

This is nearly identical to the Ritchie Leather Stinger, shown above. It's a great holster, and I like that the leather comes up as a sweat guard. Skip Ritchie worked and was close friends with Lou Alessi for a number of years.

Inspired, I am having one of these made for a tuckable IWB appendix carry!

Okay. As promised, here is my initial review of the Side Guard "tuck-snap". ...

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz29/mhanna91/133.jpg

bighawk
04-21-14, 03:30
I dont personally own own one however veil solutions makes a pretty snazzy AIWB kydex jframe holster

Galco ankle glove hands down for ankle carry nothing beats it. I've tried a dozen ankle holsters of all different costs and materials and this one is it. I've worn it for 16 hours plus on multiple occasions and almost forgot it was there because it is so comfortable.

williejc
04-21-14, 21:03
I went broke buying cheap holsters including j frame models. I found that when pocket carrying, I had difficulty drawing the weapon due to big hands and small pockets and that driving made the revolver unaccessible. The experts tell us that a good belt is very important but sometimes fail to point out that choosing pants that will accommodate the selected holster is part of the secret. I have a cheap holster and ill fitting pants. Damn it.

The .380s and snub nose 5 shot revolvers--which I love and use--provide us a measure of security. But, I don't fool myself into thinking that I'm well armed as I would be with a Glock 19 or HK p2000. Where I'm going determines what I carry unless I get lazy and opt for a pea shooter. Too often I get lazy.

T2C
04-21-14, 21:59

The Galco Ankle Glove is a good holster.

bighawk
04-21-14, 22:33
The Galco Ankle Glove is a good holster.

^^This... Wihtout a doubt the best ankle holster I've ever had and I've wasted a ton of money on a bunch of inferior ones

Black_Sheep
05-21-15, 20:52
http://home.comcast.net/~blackgtx/guns/bianchiiwb.jpg
Bianchi Model 100 "Professional"