PDA

View Full Version : Scope Question?

Mcolabella
12-19-11, 15:53
I am new to this forum, and a new M4 owner. never shot 1 of theses guns and only held one 1 time. I will be picking up my newest gun in 10 days thanks to Maryland, but anyway I am looking to get a scope for the gun, and I am looking to stay around the $300.00 price range. I currently use a Leupold on my 30-06 A-bolt, and am very pleased. I am leaning to the Leupold Mark AR T2 3x9x 40 Duplex /MillDot. Just wondering if I am on the right track, or is there something else out there that I should be looking at

MikeT
12-19-11, 16:28
If your intended purpose is movie looking gun, zombie defense, or closet queen, pretty much anything will work for you.

If your intended purpose is self defense or clase rang target work (Under 200 Meters), I would suggest the Aimpoint PRO or similar 1x optic. A 1x optic will allow for shooting with both eyes open which will help you see the target and what is around you much better.

If you plan on hunting past 200 Meters or are trying to wring out the accuracy potential of your weapon, then the Leupold scopes as well as Nikon scopes work very well.

Happy scope shopping.

Mcolabella
12-19-11, 16:42
I like to hunt and target shooting, as for keeping bith eys open I am blind in my right eye, don't want a closet queen and not much on movie guns, any particluar model # for the nikon

40Arpent
12-19-11, 16:44
The optics forum here might have some useful info for you.

MikeT
12-19-11, 16:46
I like to hunt and target shooting, as for keeping bith eys open I am blind in my right eye, don't want a closet queen and not much on movie guns, any particluar model # for the nikon

Check out the optics forum as there are a ton of suggestions. For coyote hunting, I use a Nikon Prostaff 3x-9x with BDC. I swap it out with an Aimpoint PRO for shooting carbine matches, home defense, zombie defense, ect.