PDA

View Full Version : City of LA must turn over documents pertaining to CCW applications.

Irish
12-20-11, 13:13
A good article (http://www.ammoland.com/2011/12/19/lawsuit-forces-city-of-la-to-turn-over-documents-on-issuance-of-concelaed-carry-licenses/) about the current lawsuit against the anti-gun LAPD and the City of Los Angeles.

In a victory for self-defense civil right activists, a Los Angeles Superior Court Judge has ordered the City of Los Angeles to produce documents relating to the LAPD’s policies and procedures for processing applications for a carry license.

I really hope this moves forward in a positive manner for the citizens of California. I also hope they establish a permitting process for non-residents even though I think it's highly unlikely.

Inuvik
12-20-11, 14:33
Thanks for sharing!

I just completed all of my CCW stuff with my local Sherriff up here in Nor Cal, and could not believe how pro armed citizen they were. Super easy process. It is too bad how it varies by location. Not only does CA suck overall, but some parts suck even more than others within the state.

Irish
12-20-11, 14:48
You're welcome. I've been reading quite a bit of stuff over at Calguns and they're really on the ball with SAF and a few other organizations.

I wish there was a way for a non-resident to get a permit there. I travel to CA frequently for business and hate going unarmed.

Abraxas
12-20-11, 14:56
A good article (http://www.ammoland.com/2011/12/19/lawsuit-forces-city-of-la-to-turn-over-documents-on-issuance-of-concelaed-carry-licenses/) about the current lawsuit against the anti-gun LAPD and the City of Los Angeles.

I really hope this moves forward in a positive manner for the citizens of California. I also hope they establish a permitting process for non-residents even though I think it's highly unlikely.

I hope California does a lot of things. But instead they keep getting worse. So my hopes for Cali change ;)

Inuvik
12-20-11, 15:00
National reciprocity would be really nice. Fortunately for me, I understand that NV is really good about issuing to CA residents. I intend to run over the hill to Washoe County pretty soon.

Irish
12-20-11, 15:07
I hope California does a lot of things. But instead they keep getting worse. So my hopes for Cali change ;)

With all due respect, and I'm not picking on your profession, but it's the anti-gun cops who are the biggest hurdle most of the time in CA in regards to CCW permits. Unless you're a celebrity, judge, etc. you can forget about being approved in most places by the Chief or Sheriff as it's up to their discretion.

I've done quite a bit of reading on the officer.com forums and the reactions, responses and general attitudes about citizens carrying firearms in CA is absolutely beyond my comprehension. Some, obviously not all, of the contributors there are about the most anti-2nd Amendment, anti-Constitutional people I've ever come across.

MCS
12-20-11, 15:07
Good read! I like the small victories for ccw.

Abraxas
12-20-11, 15:37
With all due respect, and I'm not picking on your profession, but it's the anti-gun cops who are the biggest hurdle most of the time in CA in regards to CCW permits. Unless you're a celebrity, judge, etc. you can forget about being approved in most places by the Chief or Sheriff as it's up to their discretion.

I've done quite a bit of reading on the officer.com forums and the reactions, responses and general attitudes about citizens carrying firearms in CA is absolutely beyond my comprehension. Some, obviously not all, of the contributors there are about the most anti-2nd Amendment, anti-Constitutional people I've ever come across.
I think the biggest problem is not the cops themselves but the anti gun sentiment that permeates California's culture. The guys I work with past and present are pro carry, but then I am not in Cali. In my experience the most anti carry cops are the more politically placed ones, ie chiefs,Sheriffs and the like. Thankfully the ones in my area are not.

Inuvik
12-20-11, 18:44
When I went in for my interview with the local SO Capt., I was ready to have to defend and justify my request.

I was totally shocked when the "interview" was basically him telling me he thinks it is great for citizens to carry, gave several examples of crimes that could of been prevented if people had carried, and told me to use common sense.

Obviously, this is one elected officials opinion, and varies radically from county to county.

Good for those who push the issue, and hold accountable the people (including LEO) who chose to prevent decent folks from defending themselves.

Littlelebowski
12-20-11, 19:04

I think it's because being a Chief is a political job through and through.

m03
01-01-12, 05:37
I think the biggest problem is not the cops themselves but the anti gun sentiment that permeates California's culture. The guys I work with past and present are pro carry, but then I am not in Cali. In my experience the most anti carry cops are the more politically placed ones, ie chiefs,Sheriffs and the like. Thankfully the ones in my area are not.

This has been my understanding as well. Unusual how that works.

wesprt
01-01-12, 12:04
This is what happens when your admin consists of liberal shitbags. At least around here the PD has no say whether you can have a CCW or not. That's the way it should be.

Good for them, hope they cause all kinds of ruckus and force them to start issuing permits again.