PDA

View Full Version : Question about aimpoint holographic sight

pbmaster2k89
12-20-11, 16:28
So I have been told that aimpoint makes holographic sights but I can seem to find anything but red dot sights. I would like an eotech but Ive owned one and I hated the auto-off feature and he battery was pretty lame. So where can I find an aimpoint holo, or maybe someone has another recommendation

Hmac
12-20-11, 23:46
Aimpoints are reflex sights that use an LED to generat the red dot. They don't make a holographic sight.

ucrt
12-21-11, 00:33

If I were you, I'd buy an Aimpoint T1 or PRO. If that is not practical, I'd recommend you buy an Aimpoint T1 or PRO. And lastly, if those options fail, settle for nothing less than buying an Aimpoint T1 or PRO.

If those 6 choices don't do it, stick with your iron sights... ;)

But maybe it's just me...

ROUTEMICHIGAN
12-21-11, 01:15
So I have been told that aimpoint makes holographic sights but I can seem to find anything but red dot sights. I would like an eotech but Ive owned one and I hated the auto-off feature and he battery was pretty lame. So where can I find an aimpoint holo, or maybe someone has another recommendation

As stated earlier, Aimpoint doesn't make an HWS. What is this "auto-off feature" you're talking about? I've had various Eotechs and never heard of this "feature".

mkmckinley
12-21-11, 02:24
Eotechs turn themselves off after 8 hours to conserve the battery. In practice I haven't found it to be an issue. I end up adjusting the brightness enough over the course of eight hours to keep it from shutting off on me. However some people like the idea of turning their Aimpoint on and leaving it on for a few years. I prefer Aimpoints myself but for different reasons.

micjones
12-21-11, 02:47
Ucrt is a wise man

Hmac
12-21-11, 06:00
The shorter battery life of the Eotechs that I own (about 800-1000 hours) has never been an issue for me. I don't particularly care for my T-1, but I also own a PRO and I like it just fine.

pbmaster2k89
12-21-11, 08:36
Eotechs turn themselves off after 8 hours to conserve the battery. In practice I haven't found it to be an issue. I end up adjusting the brightness enough over the course of eight hours to keep it from shutting off on me. However some people like the idea of turning their Aimpoint on and leaving it on for a few years. I prefer Aimpoints myself but for different reasons.

What's ur reason for liking the aimpoints better? Actually what is every1s reason for liking the aimpoint?

deadlyfire
12-21-11, 08:45

I have found the Eotech's shutoff feature to be so flippin' aggravating on long missions/patrols.

pbmaster2k89
12-21-11, 09:08
Deadlyfire what's ur opinion on the aimpoint?

JSantoro
12-21-11, 11:16
If you use the orange Search button and pump in "aimpoint+eotech," or similar, you'll come up with a LOT of threads that do this. It's an ad nauseum discussion, except in those instances when one uses the Search functions in the first place.