PDA

View Full Version : Any feedback on Rhino Revolver?

kaltesherz
12-20-11, 23:25
A buddy of mine asked me about something he was looking to pick up, an Italian .357 Rhino Revolver. He's my former Company Armorer and knows everything from M4's to 240's to Ma Duces like the back of his hand, but like most military guys doesn't know a lot about civie guns. I've seen pictures of them, but known almost nothing about wheelguns, let alone a HSLD one. Seems a little gimmicky to me. Anyone own one or know someone that does?

rathos
12-21-11, 11:11
Friend of mine does. We took a few boxes of .357 and some .38 spl out. All in all about 500 rounds we blasted through including some hand loads. Gun was accurate. It handled even hot hand loads well. Trigger pull was pretty smooth, just as good as any S&W I have held. Recoil was extremely controllable. I found that I wasn't having to adjust my hands like I would normally have to on the hotter stuff.

The only downsides is it is kind of ugly and it is pretty bulky, even for a revolver. He has put an additional 500 to a 1000 rounds through it and so far no issues. I would consider one if I was looking for a revolver.

Hizzie
12-22-11, 09:54
Last time I was at the gunshop I inquired about them. Guys said one of them had already purchased one and really like it - till is stopped working. Within a 100 rounds it had to be sent back for warranty work.

Looks cool and very controlable. As a wheelgunner I want one but that was not the fisrt time I have heard of them breaking quickly. I'll wait a bit longer to see if the bugs get worked out.

skyugo
12-22-11, 10:57
I seem to recall the mechanism being very complicated in these guns... neat idea though.

kaltesherz
12-22-11, 22:32
I'll pass on the info, glad to hear the concept works well, hopefully they've worked out the kinks- there's nothing more useless than an unreliable gun.

Thanks for the replies- keep 'em coming!

spamsammich
12-23-11, 01:33
West Coast Armory had one in their rental fleet and I put 50 rounds down range in it. Pass. The contour of the wood beavertail really irritated the webbing of my thumb, it was squared off too much and really bit into my hand. The weight of the DA trigger was almost unbearable, I think this particular gun was on the verge of going back for a second round of warranty work. Cocking it for single action was annoyingly difficult and really started chewing up my thumb. The sights were weird and I never really figured out where POI was with them. I haven't seen it in the rental case the last few times I was at the range. I really wish it was fully baked, it sure seemed like a good idea. Back to Ruger Blackhawks for .357 i guess.

blasternank
12-26-11, 09:41
West Coast Armory had one in their rental fleet and I put 50 rounds down range in it. Pass. The contour of the wood beavertail really irritated the webbing of my thumb, it was squared off too much and really bit into my hand. The weight of the DA trigger was almost unbearable, I think this particular gun was on the verge of going back for a second round of warranty work. Cocking it for single action was annoyingly difficult and really started chewing up my thumb. The sights were weird and I never really figured out where POI was with them. I haven't seen it in the rental case the last few times I was at the range. I really wish it was fully baked, it sure seemed like a good idea. Back to Ruger Blackhawks for .357 i guess.

Good to know. I want to try one out as I'm a wheelgunner but they are so ugly in my opinion. I've picked them up at gun shows trying to make myself like them but they feel different-which is no big deal as they trumpet them as being better with less recoil so a design change over traditional revolvers was made. They felt really heavy for their size. I'd like to shoot one to see how they feel but I think most people would like to try and then buy with it as it is a new product and no one wants to get stuck with a gun they hate and or can't resell without taking a bath on.