PDA

View Full Version : Which Candidate Is Most Like You...Find Out...

SteyrAUG
12-20-11, 23:33
http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/Quiz2010.asp#sec0

Make sure and check "2012 Presidential Speculation" before you submit your answers.

Sensei
12-21-11, 01:30
Of those still in the race, my scored ranking is: Newt (actually #1 of all listed), Santorum, Perry, Bachmann, Romney, Huntsmann, Paul, Obama.

As of today, my actual voting preference is Newt tied with Romney for first, Paul tied with Obama for last, and everyone else in the middle. Of those in the middle, I'm looking for Santorum or Perry to make a comeback if Newt or Romney falters.

jwfuhrman
12-21-11, 07:20
http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/results2010.asp?quiz=Pres2012&state=TOP&q1=5&q2=5&q3=1&q4=1&q5=1&q6=1&q7=1&q8=5&q9=1&q10=1&q11=3&q12=3&q13=3&q14=5&q15=5&q16=5&q17=1&q18=1&q19=1&q20=4&Submit=Score+the+quiz%21

Jindal, Cain, Bachmann..... I'd vote for Jindal, but not Cain and Bachmann, not in a million years.... to bad Jindal didn't run

I'm fan of Paul.

Sry0fcr
12-21-11, 07:37
Results (http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/results2010.asp?quiz=Pres2012&state=TOP&q1=4&q2=4&q3=2&q4=4&q5=1&q6=4&q7=2&q8=3&q9=1&q10=1&q11=2&q12=5&q13=2&q14=4&q15=4&q16=2&q17=4&q18=2&q19=1&q20=2&Submit=Score+the+quiz%21)

No big surprises here with my top 3 being Paul, Huntsman, and Gingrich.

Watrdawg
12-21-11, 07:52
Mine came back Jindal, Newt and Bachmann

Irish
12-21-11, 11:42
No surprise - Ron Paul 2012! :dirol:

chadbag
12-21-11, 11:52
I am not a Bachmann supporter, but this is how I faired the second time I answered (the first time I hit the wrong button and cleared my answers instead of scoring them).

Bachmann / Cain (tied)
Gingrich
Santorum
McCotter
Paul
Jindal
Huckabee
Perry
Barbour
Romney
Pawlenty
Roemer
Palin
Huntsman
Giuliani
Johnson
Obama
Clinton
Nader
Biden

SteyrAUG
12-21-11, 13:16
http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz/results2010.asp?quiz=Pres2012&state=TOP&q1=5&q2=5&q3=1&q4=1&q5=1&q6=1&q7=1&q8=5&q9=1&q10=1&q11=3&q12=3&q13=3&q14=5&q15=5&q16=5&q17=1&q18=1&q19=1&q20=4&Submit=Score+the+quiz%21

Jindal, Cain, Bachmann..... I'd vote for Jindal, but not Cain and Bachmann, not in a million years.... to bad Jindal didn't run

I'm fan of Paul.

Pretty much how I scored. If Bachman won the primary I suppose I'd vote for her.

variablebinary
12-21-11, 14:07
Of those still running in order:

Newt Gingrich
Rick Perry
Ron Paul
Jon Huntsman
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum
Michele Bachmann
Barack Obama

Trajan
12-21-11, 14:15
Top 5:
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Rick Perry
Herman Cain
Sarah Palin

Bottom 5 (highest to lowest):
Jon Huntsman
Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton
Ralph Nader
Joe Biden

BrianS
12-21-11, 14:16
Pretty much how I scored. If Bachman won the primary I suppose I'd vote for her.

It's not much of an endorsement though. At this point most of us would vote for a potted plant over Obama. Hell most of us did vote for a potted plant named McCain in 08 over Obama.

SteyrAUG
12-21-11, 16:15
It's not much of an endorsement though. At this point most of us would vote for a potted plant over Obama. Hell most of us did vote for a potted plant named McCain in 08 over Obama.

I haven't voted FOR a candidate since 1984.

Gutshot John
12-21-11, 16:30
I'm amazed that people need a computer to tell them the candidate with whom they agree the most.

BrianS
12-21-11, 16:35
I'm amazed that people need a computer to tell them the candidate with whom they agree the most.

Yes, furthermore, them being in agreement with me (or whoever) doesn't make them qualified to be President. I agree with Bachmann on a bunch things, but I don't think she's qualified to be President. Ron Paul is also right on about 80-90% of issues I think, yet seems unhinged mentally to some extent and thus unfit for the job.

toasterlocker
12-21-11, 17:18
It helps to click the links for some of the questions to get some clarification. For example, "family values" taught in schools sounds great, until you click on it and see it pretty much calls for theocracy if you agree with it. That is just one of many examples where the question leaves just a little bit too much open for misinterpretation.

I was wondering why that batshit crazy lunatic Bachmann was as high on my list as she was the first time I took the test. And the Hildabeast was number 1!?!?!?!? Second set of results (Huntsman/Gingrich) when I clicked on the link for each question made a lot more sense.

ICANHITHIMMAN
12-21-11, 17:26
Mine came up Jindel then Newt

variablebinary
12-21-11, 17:32
It helps to click the links for some of the questions to get some clarification. For example, "family values" taught in schools sounds great, until you click on it and see it pretty much calls for theocracy if you agree with it. That is just one of many examples where the question leaves just a little bit too much open for misinterpretation.

I was wondering why that batshit crazy lunatic Bachmann was as high on my list as she was the first time I took the test. And the Hildabeast was number 1!?!?!?!? Second set of results (Huntsman/Gingrich) when I clicked on the link for each question made a lot more sense.

Maybe you are just a liberal at heart...

tb-av
12-21-11, 17:43
Jindal
Newt
Cain
Bachmann

Which sounds about right for my gut feeling as well.

montanadave
12-21-11, 20:47
Maybe you are just a liberal at heart...

Well, that was just... mean!

Now if it was me, sure, I'm used to taking that kind of abuse. :lol:

SteyrAUG
12-21-11, 22:32

You're right. We'd be much better off trusting the news networks to give us a more realistic and unbiased presentation of each candidate and their true views.

For example I learned from the news that Obama really isn't anti gun. No need to look that up on the internet, thanks channel 6.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-22-11, 02:09
Perry, Jindhal and Newt all 60%+

Won't vote for Perry, he seems to be the Texas idiot that everyone assumed Bush was. Newt is all over the place- Actually, Newt helped me understand why Obama is on telepromter all the time. It's not to tell him what to say, it is to keep him from saying things and keep on message. Newt needs to write a script and stick to it, no more ad libs.

Jindhal and Rubio are the leaders I'd really like to see. I like Christie, but he's like Rumsfeld- he tells the truth and speaks plainly and people tire of that, they want to be lulled into thinking every thing is fine.

jwfuhrman
12-22-11, 08:05
After taking the advice of who ever said it and actually clicking in each link, my scores came out with who I'm actually in favor of for Pres at the top, then everything mixed up.

Paul 60%
Bachmann 50%
Huckabee 48%

Gutshot John
12-22-11, 17:09
You're right. We'd be much better off trusting the news networks to give us a more realistic and unbiased presentation of each candidate and their true views.

For example I learned from the news that Obama really isn't anti gun. No need to look that up on the internet, thanks channel 6.

I was actually thinking that people would take the time to educate themselves about a candidate's positions, past statements and history and not rely on anyone or anything else to be a filter or spoon feed them information they were otherwise too lazy to acquire on their own. You know the old fashioned way?

But I'm guessing that's expecting too much. Of course people then wonder why our system of government is in the shitter, and instead of looking inwardly they want to blame xyz.

As my grandfather used to say: people get the government they deserve.

SteyrAUG
12-22-11, 17:18
I was actually thinking that people would take the time to educate themselves about a candidate's positions, past statements and history

And guess what the website ontheissues.org was created for?

It is a website where people can "educate themselves about a candidate's positions, past statements and history"

You can even take a quiz that will match your views with the stated candidate positions, past statements about those positions and voting record if any.

Gutshot John
12-22-11, 17:28
If you say so. IMO it's a crutch for people too lazy to do their own work. They answer a series of simplistic answers, get a canned response and then can go about their lives without putting any real thought into the issues. I'm sure it would make a great Facebook app.

But hey, if that's your thing, who cares what I think. I wouldn't want to challenge your assumptions with uncomfortable facts.

C4IGrant
12-22-11, 18:06
Jindal, Cain, Bachmann

Same for me.

C4

SteyrAUG
12-22-11, 18:12
If you say so. IMO it's a crutch for people too lazy to do their own work. They answer a series of simplistic answers, get a canned response and then can go about their lives without putting any real thought into the issues. I'm sure it would make a great Facebook app.

But hey, if that's your thing, who cares what I think. I wouldn't want to challenge your assumptions with uncomfortable facts.

Have you even looked at the website?

How is a website like ontheissues any different from resourcing the same answers on a myriad of other websites or trying to get a factual understanding of a candidate by sifting through the crap in newspapers or the often skewed facts on TV?

I think you have simply made assumptions that are less than accurate and are now unwilling to accept that fact.

So please enlighten us. where is a better source to get factual information on candidates?

Local library? Newspaper? Television? GunshotJohn.com?

Or is it just because there is efficiency in a website that specifically tracks the views of politicians so that they can be easily researched and you find that "lazy"?

Brimstone
12-22-11, 19:33
I believe the questions are too simplistic to give a real answer. My results were:

Paul
Gingrich
Santorum

While I fully support Ron Paul, Gingrich is in my "will never vote for" category.

Gutshot John
12-22-11, 19:46
So please enlighten us. where is a better source to get factual information on candidates?

Local library? Newspaper? Television? GunshotJohn.com?

Nice try but I've never once told anyone what to think or suggested who to vote for. I have challenged people to think for themselves and yet somehow, some people, remain immune to my entreaties. Shocker, it's so much easier to have an idiotic website, asking simplistic questions and giving insipid answers to do your thinking for them.

If you believe you are informed, who am I to disabuse you of your dubious assumptions? I do however weep for the future of this country and the state of so-called "conservatism", a group that used to pride itself on independent critical thought.

Russel Kirk is doing half-gainers in his grave.

SteyrAUG
12-22-11, 19:55
Nice try but I've never once told anyone what to think or suggested who to vote for. I have challenged people to think for themselves and yet somehow, some people, remain immune to my entreaties. Shocker, it's so much easier to have an idiotic website, asking simplistic questions and giving insipid answers to do your thinking for them.

Good lord it's almost as if you can't read. I never once suggested you were telling people who to vote for. I asked what was a better source for political information.

You think Ontheissues.org is for lazy people, I asked where they should get their info.

And AGAIN, I think you have mistaken the website for something like a Salon.com poll. And either you are too damn lazy to go look at the website and figure out that you are wrong, or you simply refuse to admit that you made a mistake and would rather be pigheaded about it, try and suggest I am saying things I am not and making insinuations about me.

If you believe you are informed, who am I to disabuse you of your dubious assumptions? I do however weep for the future of this country and the state of so-called "conservatism", a group that used to pride itself on independent critical thought.

Russel Kirk is doing half-gainers in his grave.

I guess that is what I should expect. I honestly don't know why I even read what you write.

SteyrAUG
12-22-11, 20:08
Shocker, it's so much easier to have an idiotic website, asking simplistic questions and giving insipid answers to do your thinking for them.

It's amazing that you believe this.

The simple poll is a way for your average person (who if were are lucky even does something as basic as this, most let the local news tell them who to vote for) to get an idea of who represents their basic views.

Then IF THE WISH TOO, they can use the same website Ontheissues.org, to do research on any candidate and most positions.

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012.htm

For example if you wanted to know how Michelle Bachman is on gun control.

Michele Bachmann on Gun Control
Click here for 4 full quotes on Gun Control OR other candidates on Gun Control OR background on Gun Control.

Fight to uphold our 2nd Amendment rights. (Nov 2006)
National cross-state standard for concealed carry. (Jan 2009)
Require video recording of every firearm test by ATF. (Jan 2011)
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

And here is her view on everything else.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Michele_Bachmann.htm

Michele Bachmann on Abortion
Click here for 13 full quotes on Abortion OR other candidates on Abortion OR background on Abortion.

Mandating morning-after pill availability is wrong. (Sep 2011)
Life is the first right; I'm 100% pro-life from conception. (Jun 2011)
Respect the sanctity of life. (Nov 2006)
Voted YES on banning federal health coverage that includes abortion. (May 2011)
Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
Prohibit transporting minors across state lines for abortion. (Jan 2008)
Bar funding for abortion under federal Obamacare plans. (Jul 2010)
Prohibit federal funding for abortion. (May 2011)
Prohibiting forced abortions by UN Population Fund. (May 2011)
Prohibit federal funding to groups like Planned Parenthood. (Jan 2011)
Grant the pre-born equal protection under 14th Amendment. (Jan 2007)
Report on Medicaid payments to abortion providers. (Apr 2009)
Declare preborn as persons under 14th amendment. (Feb 2009)

Michele Bachmann on Budget & Economy
Click here for 24 full quotes on Budget & Economy OR other candidates on Budget & Economy OR background on Budget & Economy.

Subprime mortgage crisis due to errors by feds, not banks. (Oct 2011)
Cut taxes & cut spending instead of raising debt limit. (Oct 2011)
Raising debt ceiling is just a blank check for spending. (Sep 2011)
The Fed should not make loans to foreign governments. (Sep 2011)
Problem is $1 in tax increases for each $3 in spending. (Sep 2011)
Don't raise debt ceiling; country not at risk of default. (Aug 2011)
I was the leading voice against raising the debt ceiling. (Aug 2011)
Raising debt ceiling is failure of leadership. (Jul 2011)
Voted YES on terminating the Home Affordable mortgage Program. (Mar 2011)
Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
Voted NO on modifying bankruptcy rules to avoid mortgage foreclosures. (Mar 2009)
Voted NO on additional $825 billion for economic recovery package. (Jan 2009)
Voted NO on monitoring TARP funds to ensure more mortgage relief. (Jan 2009)
Voted NO on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008)
Voted NO on $60B stimulus package for jobs, infrastructure, & energy. (Sep 2008)
Voted NO on defining "energy emergency" on federal gas prices. (Jun 2008)
Voted NO on revitalizing severely distressed public housing. (Jan 2008)
Voted NO on regulating the subprime mortgage industry. (Nov 2007)
Balanced Budget Amendment with 3/5 vote to override. (Jan 2009)
Demand a Balanced Budget amendment. (Jul 2010)
Limit federal spending growth to per-capita inflation rate. (Jul 2010)
Member of House Banking Committee. (Mar 2011)
Require a balanced budget, by Constitutional amendment. (Jan 2011)
Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the US Constitution. (Jan 2011)

Michele Bachmann on Civil Rights
Click here for 6 full quotes on Civil Rights OR other candidates on Civil Rights OR background on Civil Rights.

I support federal AND state marriage amendments. (Aug 2011)
Children need mother & father; but let states decide. (Jun 2011)
Keep Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell in. (Jun 2011)
Counselor/husband: "pray away the gay". (Jul 2010)
Authored constitutional amendment defining marriage. (Nov 2006)
Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation. (Nov 2007)

Michele Bachmann on Corporations
Click here for 7 full quotes on Corporations OR other candidates on Corporations OR background on Corporations.

High corporate taxes lead to jobs leaving the country. (Nov 2011)
Reducing repatriation tax to zero would bring in $1.2T. (Sep 2011)
We need to give job creators certainty. (Sep 2011)
Voted NO on letting shareholders vote on executive compensation. (Jul 2009)
Voted YES on more funding for nanotechnology R&D and commercialization. (Jul 2009)
Voted NO on allowing stockholder voting on executive compensation. (Apr 2007)
Repeal ObamaCare reporting requirements for small business. (Jan 2011)

Michele Bachmann on Crime
Click here for 2 full quotes on Crime OR other candidates on Crime OR background on Crime.

Voted NO on enforcing against anti-gay hate crimes. (Apr 2009)
Voted YES on expanding services for offendors' re-entry into society. (Nov 2007)

Michele Bachmann on Drugs
Click here for the full quote on Drugs OR other candidates on Drugs OR background on Drugs.

Voted NO on more funding for Mexico to fight drugs. (Jun 2008)

Michele Bachmann on Education
Click here for 4 full quotes on Education OR other candidates on Education OR background on Education.

Mother of all repeal bills for federal Dept. of Education. (Sep 2011)
Voted YES on reauthorizing the DC opportunity scholarship program. (Mar 2011)
Voted NO on $40B for green public schools. (May 2009)
Voted NO on additional $10.2B for federal education & HHS projects. (Nov 2007)

Michele Bachmann on Energy & Oil
Click here for 14 full quotes on Energy & Oil OR other candidates on Energy & Oil OR background on Energy & Oil.

Goal is to keep gas prices low, like $1.79 a gallon. (Sep 2011)
I opposed cap-and-trade, including Lightbulb Choice Act. (Aug 2011)
Voted YES on opening Outer Continental Shelf to oil drilling. (May 2011)
Voted YES on barring EPA from regulating greenhouse gases. (Apr 2011)
Voted NO on enforcing limits on CO2 global warming pollution. (Jun 2009)
Voted NO on tax credits for renewable electricity, with PAYGO offsets. (Sep 2008)
Voted NO on tax incentives for energy production and conservation. (May 2008)
Voted NO on tax incentives for renewable energy. (Feb 2008)
Voted NO on investing in homegrown biofuel. (Aug 2007)
Voted YES on criminalizing oil cartels like OPEC. (May 2007)
Voted NO on removing oil & gas exploration subsidies. (Jan 2007)
Bar greenhouse gases from Clean Air Act rules. (Jan 2009)
Cap-and-trade has no impact on global temperatures. (Jul 2010)
Explore proven energy reserves & keep energy prices low. (Jul 2010)

Michele Bachmann on Environment
Click here for 7 full quotes on Environment OR other candidates on Environment OR background on Environment.

EPA rulemaking has been based on politics, not science. (Sep 2011)
Voted NO on $2 billion more for Cash for Clunkers program. (Jul 2009)
Voted NO on protecting free-roaming horses and burros. (Jul 2009)
Voted NO on environmental education grants for outdoor experiences. (Sep 2008)
Voted NO on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013. (Jun 2008)
Make tax deduction permanent for conservation easements. (Mar 2009)
Endorsed Targeted as "Dirty Dozen" for anti-environmentalism. (Aug 2010)

Michele Bachmann on Families & Children
Click here for 5 full quotes on Families & Children OR other candidates on Families & Children OR background on Families & Children.

Best results when family involved; worst with government. (Sep 2011)
Bible's "be submissive to husband" means mutual respect. (Aug 2011)
Mother of 5; foster parent of 23 children. (Jun 2011)
Support traditional family life. (Nov 2006)
Voted NO on four weeks of paid parental leave for federal employees. (Jun 2009)

Michele Bachmann on Foreign Policy
Click here for 12 full quotes on Foreign Policy OR other candidates on Foreign Policy OR background on Foreign Policy.

Continue aid to Pakistan, but get more intel from them. (Nov 2011)
China is building 3,000 miles of tunnels for nukes. (Nov 2011)
No foreign aid to state sponsors of terror. (Sep 2011)
Biggest issue in Middle East is nuclear Iran. (Sep 2011)
American exceptionalism: indispensable nation of the world. (Jan 2011)
Voted NO on supporting democratic institutions in Pakistan. (Jun 2009)
Voted YES on cooperating with India as a nuclear power. (Sep 2008)
Withhold UN funding until voluntary and program-specific. (Aug 2011)
Acknowledge the Armenian Genocide of the early 1900s. (Mar 2007)
Acknowledge the Armenian Genocide, as official US policy. (Mar 2009)
Support Iranian demonstrators against Iranian government. (Jun 2009)
Commitment to unbreakable U.S.-Israel bond. (Mar 2010)

Michele Bachmann on Free Trade
Click here for 2 full quotes on Free Trade OR other candidates on Free Trade OR background on Free Trade.

Voted YES on promoting free trade with Peru. (Nov 2007)
Voted NO on assisting workers who lose jobs due to globalization. (Oct 2007)

Michele Bachmann on Government Reform
Click here for 10 full quotes on Government Reform OR other candidates on Government Reform OR background on Government Reform.

Promises to serve only one term as President. (Jun 2011)
Voted YES on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
Voted NO on granting Washington DC an Electoral vote & vote in Congress. (Apr 2007)
Voted NO on protecting whistleblowers from employer recrimination. (Mar 2007)
Identify constitutionality in every new congressional bill. (Jul 2010)
Audit federal agencies, to reform or eliminate them. (Jul 2010)
Moratorium on all earmarks until budget is balanced. (Jul 2010)
Require defining constitutional authority for every new law. (Jan 2011)
Require all laws to cite Constitutional authorization. (Jun 2009)
Repeal automatic Congressional pay raises. (Jan 2009)

Michele Bachmann on Gun Control
Click here for 4 full quotes on Gun Control OR other candidates on Gun Control OR background on Gun Control.

Fight to uphold our 2nd Amendment rights. (Nov 2006)
National cross-state standard for concealed carry. (Jan 2009)
Require video recording of every firearm test by ATF. (Jan 2011)
Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

Michele Bachmann on Health Care
Click here for 30 full quotes on Health Care OR other candidates on Health Care OR background on Health Care.

2012 is our one shot to get rid of ObamaCare. (Dec 2011)
Repeal of ObamaCare starts with repealing the CLASS Act. (Oct 2011)
Don't let a federal political board make medical decisions. (Oct 2011)
Decisions about STD vaccines should be made by parents. (Sep 2011)
End the idea that government should keep buying more stuff. (Sep 2011)
Never force little girls to have HPV vaccinations. (Sep 2011)
ObamaCare is unconstitutional; I'm committed to its repeal. (Sep 2011)
ObamaCare is killing jobs. (Sep 2011)
FactCheck: CBO never claimed ObamaCare was a job-killer. (Sep 2011)
I fought; when others ran, I fought. (Aug 2011)
Government has no authority to force people to buy insurance. (Aug 2011)
ObamaCare is the largest spending program in our history. (Jul 2011)
I will not rest until Obamacare is repealed. (Jul 2011)
First member of Congress to call for repeal of ObamaCare. (Jun 2011)
FactCheck: pre-ObamaCare system was 49th, not best in world. (Jan 2011)
ObamaCare replaces finest system with government coverage. (Jan 2011)
Voted YES on the Ryan Budget: Medicare choice, tax & spending cuts. (Apr 2011)
Voted YES on repealing the "Prevention and Public Health" slush fund. (Apr 2011)
Voted NO on regulating tobacco as a drug. (Apr 2009)
Voted NO on expanding the Children's Health Insurance Program. (Jan 2009)
Voted YES on overriding veto on expansion of Medicare. (Jul 2008)
Voted NO on giving mental health full equity with physical health. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on Veto override: Extend SCHIP to cover 6M more kids. (Jan 2008)
Voted NO on adding 2 to 4 million children to SCHIP eligibility. (Oct 2007)
Voted NO on requiring negotiated Rx prices for Medicare part D. (Jan 2007)
Prohibit mandatory mental health screen for students. (May 2007)
Defund, repeal, & replace federal care with free market. (Jul 2010)
Repeal any federal health care takeover. (Jul 2010)
Repeal the Job-Killing Health Care Law. (Jan 2011)
Remove all funding from the 2010 national healthcare law. (Jan 2011)

Michele Bachmann on Homeland Security
Click here for 13 full quotes on Homeland Security OR other candidates on Homeland Security OR background on Homeland Security.

Waterboarding is effective; don't let the ACLU run the CIA. (Nov 2011)
Absolute policy of not negotiating with terrorists. (Oct 2011)
No Miranda rights for terrorists; expand Guantanamo. (Aug 2011)
Defense spending did not cause our budget crisis; no cuts. (Jul 2011)
Remain vigilant and ready, including military action. (Nov 2006)
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)
Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations. (Mar 2008)
Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
Voted YES on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)
Improve educational assistance for veterans. (Apr 2008)
Member of House Committee on Intelligence. (Mar 2011)
Military spouses don't lose voting residency while abroad. (Feb 2009)

Michele Bachmann on Immigration
Click here for 8 full quotes on Immigration OR other candidates on Immigration OR background on Immigration.

More visas for skilled engineers; but not for illegal aliens. (Nov 2011)
Build a fence on every inch of our southern border. (Sep 2011)
It's not the American way to give immigrants rights. (Sep 2011)
Our immigration law worked beautifully until 1960s. (Sep 2011)
Lack of border fence yields our sovereignty. (Sep 2011)
Secure our borders and enforce current laws. (Nov 2006)
Rated B+ by the ALI, indicating an acceptably anti-amnesty stance. (Nov 2010)
Declare English as the official language of the US. (Feb 2007)

Michele Bachmann on Jobs
Click here for 10 full quotes on Jobs OR other candidates on Jobs OR background on Jobs.

#1 reason why employers aren't hiring is ObamaCare. (Sep 2011)
Longer unemployment means people less likely to find jobs. (Sep 2011)
Attract jobs by cutting job creator taxes. (Jul 2011)
Omnibus bill to repeal job-killing bills, starting with EPA. (Jun 2011)
FactCheck: bailout cost $25B, not $700B; and no IRS police. (Jan 2011)
$700B bailout & 9000 earmarks didn't keep unemployment at 8%. (Jan 2011)
Voted NO on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008)
Voted NO on overriding presidential veto of Farm Bill. (Jun 2008)
Voted NO on restricting employer interference in union organizing. (Mar 2007)
Voted NO on increasing minimum wage to $7.25. (Jan 2007)

Michele Bachmann on Principles & Values
Click here for 14 full quotes on Principles & Values OR other candidates on Principles & Values OR background on Principles & Values.

Obama has ushered in socialism. (Sep 2011)
Separation of church and state is a myth. (Sep 2011)
Make Obama a one-term president. (Aug 2011)
Bring the voice of the people back to Washington. (Jul 2011)
Tea Party has held congress to account. (Jul 2011)
I will represent you with a titanium spine. (Jul 2011)
Chairs the House Tea Party Caucus. (Jun 2011)
Birthplace in Waterloo Iowa: "favorite daughter" in caucus. (Jun 2011)
Would be first House member elected to Presidency since 1880. (Jun 2011)
OpEd: Tea Party support driven by charismatic enthusiasm. (Jun 2011)
OpEd: Talks the evangelical talk, but also walks the walk. (Jun 2011)
I want my constituents armed and dangerous. (Sep 2010)
Recognize Christianity's importance to western civilization. (Dec 2007)
Member of the Tea Party movement. (Aug 2010)

Michele Bachmann on Social Security
Click here for 4 full quotes on Social Security OR other candidates on Social Security OR background on Social Security.

No payroll tax cut; we need revenue from baby boomers. (Nov 2011)
Keep promise to older workers; reform for younger. (Sep 2011)
Wean everybody off Social Security and Medicare. (Feb 2010)
Wean the next generation off Social Security. (Feb 2010)

Michele Bachmann on Tax Reform
Click here for 16 full quotes on Tax Reform OR other candidates on Tax Reform OR background on Tax Reform.

47% pay no income tax; everyone should pay something. (Nov 2011)
If we give Congress 9% sales tax, it'll run up to 90%. (Oct 2011)
No national sales tax; no new revenue stream for Congress. (Oct 2011)
What you earn is your money, not the government's. (Sep 2011)
Reduce repatriation tax to zero percent. (Sep 2011)
Health Impact Fee: opposed cigarette tax but voted for life. (Aug 2011)
47% pay no taxes; everyone should pay something. (Jul 2011)
Endorsed as small-government, low-tax "Mama Grizzly". (Nov 2010)
Put hard earned money back in taxpayers’ pockets. (Nov 2006)
Voted NO on extending AMT exemptions to avoid hitting middle-income. (Jun 2008)
Voted NO on paying for AMT relief by closing offshore business loopholes. (Dec 2007)
Repeal the Death Tax. (Jan 2009)
Taxpayer Protection Pledge: no new taxes. (Aug 2010)
Adopt a single-rate tax system. (Jul 2010)
Repeal tax hikes in capital gains and death taxes. (Jul 2010)
No European-style VAT (value-added tax). (May 2010)

Michele Bachmann on Technology
Click here for 8 full quotes on Technology OR other candidates on Technology OR background on Technology.

Voted YES on terminating funding for National Public Radio. (Mar 2011)
Voted NO on delaying digital TV conversion by four months. (Mar 2009)
Voted YES on retroactive immunity for telecoms' warrantless surveillance. (Jun 2008)
Voted YES on $23B instead of $4.9B for waterway infrastructure. (Nov 2007)
Permanent ban on state & local taxation of Internet access. (Oct 2007)
End net neutrality; allow tiered Internet service. (Jan 2011)
Prohibit the return of the Fairness Doctrine. (Jan 2009)
No performance royalties for radio music. (Mar 2009)

Michele Bachmann on War & Peace
Click here for 13 full quotes on War & Peace OR other candidates on War & Peace OR background on War & Peace.

Pakistan's nuclear weapons are an existential threat. (Nov 2011)
Stand up against Iran's genocidal maniac. (Oct 2011)
It was wrong for US to go into Libya. (Sep 2011)
Iran is a state sponsor of terror; can't be a nuclear power. (Aug 2011)
No vital US interests at stake in Libya. (Jul 2011)
Don't lead from behind; no US interest in Libya. (Jun 2011)
Opposes US involvement in Libyan civil war. (Jun 2011)
Voted YES on banning armed forces in Libya without Congressional approval. (Jun 2011)
Voted NO on removing US armed forces from Afghanistan. (Mar 2011)
Voted NO on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq. (Jun 2008)
Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)
Boycott & sanctions against Iran for terrorism & nukes. (May 2011)
Sanctions on Iran to end nuclear program. (Apr 2009)

Michele Bachmann on Welfare & Poverty
Click here for the full quote on Welfare & Poverty OR other candidates on Welfare & Poverty OR background on Welfare & Poverty.

Voted NO on instituting National Service as a new social invention. (Mar 2009)

So AGAIN, I'd be very interested to hear about your BETTER resource that a person can to to in your words "educate themselves about a candidate's positions, past statements and history."

This website is basically designed to do EXACTLY THAT.

But you dismiss it as "an idiotic website, asking simplistic questions and giving insipid answer." The above information on Bachman looks pretty in depth to me.

But since it is "an idiotic website, asking simplistic questions and giving insipid answer." I ask again, what is a BETTER source for such information?

Or is it that you were simply TOO LAZY to actually research the website before tossing out your opinion?

Gutshot John
12-22-11, 20:50
Why not believe it, you've repeatedly demonstrated it. Thank you for proving my point.

The fact that you expend so much energy trying to disprove my point shows how close it hits to home. That people continue to rely on prepackaged media nonsense to tell them what to think is pathetic

That said believe whatever you like. I've lost interest.

SteyrAUG
12-22-11, 21:38
Why not believe it, you've repeatedly demonstrated it. Thank you for proving my point.

The fact that you expend so much energy trying to disprove my point shows how close it hits to home. That people continue to rely on prepackaged media nonsense to tell them what to think is pathetic

That said believe whatever you like. I've lost interest.

Hilarious. It doesn't hit close to home, I was demonstrating how idiotic your point was.

To recap...

First you complained that nobody took the time to "educate themselves about a candidate's positions, past statements and history."

In reply I demonstrated that the website does EXACTLY that. And it isn't "prepackaged media nonsense" but ACTUAL candidate statements, stated positions and voting history (if any).

That is about as close to your recommended criteria as anyone can get.

But rather than admit you might have been wrong in your dismissal, you continue with the usual "all your efforts prove how right I am" horseshit.

So I asked again, and again, and again what is a better resource since you find this one inadequate. The fact that you have NO ANSWER pretty well demonstrates that you are just blowing smoke and trying to be dismissive.

And rather than provide that simple answer to what you consider a better resource now you are trying to cop out with "I've lost interest."

And while I'm at it...regarding your assertion that it is "prepackaged media nonsense"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_The_Issues

On The Issues or OnTheIssues is a non-partisan, non-profit organization providing information to voters about candidates, primarily via their web site.[1] This organization was started in 1996, went non-profit in 2000, and is currently run primarily by volunteers.[2]

The organization's stated mission is to help voters pick candidates "based on issues rather than on personalities and popularity."[3] Their slogan is: "Every political leader on every issue." They obtain their information from newspapers, speeches, press releases, book excerpts, House and Senate voting records, Congressional bill sponsorships, political affiliations and ratings, and campaign websites from the Internet.[3]

But by all means continue as if you are dismissing a political quiz from People Magazine and how anyone who uses this resource is sad, pathetic and in no way as informed as you. Be sure to NOT offer a better resource so that we might be as informed as you.

jwfuhrman
12-23-11, 09:09
Ummmm... God Save the Queen?

Redmanfms
12-23-11, 16:22
The only non-libertarian position I hold is regarding abortion, child murder isn't a "right," but somehow I get matched to Michelle Bachmann. :blink: Umm.. No.

Ron Paul is my guy, has been since 2007.

SteyrAUG
12-23-11, 16:24
The only non-libertarian position I hold is regarding abortion, child murder isn't a "right," but somehow I get matched to Michelle Bachmann. :blink: Umm.. No.

Ron Paul is my guy, has been since 2007.

Bachmann espouses many Libertarian views. I'm generally a "Paul guy" myself, but I also got matched more closely to Bachmann.

DeltaSierra
12-23-11, 16:50
Bachmann espouses many Libertarian views.

Huh? Bachmann is about as Libertarian-leaning as George Bush....

Bachmann supports every big-government bill that she can - just take a look at her voting records.....

SteyrAUG
12-23-11, 17:11
Huh? Bachmann is about as Libertarian-leaning as George Bush....

Bachmann supports every big-government bill that she can - just take a look at her voting records.....

I didn't say she was Ron Paul, I said she espouses many Libertarian views, and she does.

Obviously not enough to qualify her as a Libertarian, but depending upon what kind of Libertarian you are, you might find yourself with common views.

Of course many Republicans are Libertarian on this but not on that so it really isn't anything new.

DeltaSierra
12-23-11, 17:27
I didn't say she was Ron Paul, I said she espouses many Libertarian views, and she does.

Obviously not enough to qualify her as a Libertarian, but depending upon what kind of Libertarian you are, you might find yourself with common views.

Of course many Republicans are Libertarian on this but not on that so it really isn't anything new.

Her views are nowhere nearly Libertarian.... She is a consistent Neo-Con.

If you read through that list (which is inconsistent and deceptive) you can see that Bachmann just makes up stuff as she goes along...

Overall, she supports anything that the Neo-Cons support, with few exceptions.

I understand to some degree what you originally said, as Bachmann tries to present herself in a somewhat libertarian light, but the fact is that what Bachmann says, and what Bachmann really thinks are often two very different things....

SteyrAUG
12-23-11, 20:23
Her views are nowhere nearly Libertarian.... She is a consistent Neo-Con.

If you read through that list (which is inconsistent and deceptive) you can see that Bachmann just makes up stuff as she goes along...

Overall, she supports anything that the Neo-Cons support, with few exceptions.

I understand to some degree what you originally said, as Bachmann tries to present herself in a somewhat libertarian light, but the fact is that what Bachmann says, and what Bachmann really thinks are often two very different things....

I didn't really say anything different the second time. In both cases I said she espouses Libertarian views, in the second I provided examples.

Now if your position is many candidates say one thing but actually do another, you won't get much argument from me.