PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Lone Wolf 3.5lb Connector for Gen3 Glock 19

Chris17404
12-21-11, 12:04
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Lone Wolf 3.5lb connector for my Gen3 Glock 19 and installed it. When working the slide, I immediately noticed it took a bit more force to pull the slide back out of battery (the first 1/2 inch or so was tough), and the slide travel in general was much more "gritty" than normal. Almost like something was grinding along the slide when it should not have been. I also noticed the trigger pull was much more gritty than before, particularly when the connector is engaged.

I have not shot the pistol yet with the new connector in place, but I was concerned enough to take it out of the pistol and put the factory connector back in. It just doesn't feel right. I called Lone Wolf and discussed my concerns. The nice lady on the phone did say there is a bit extra material on the connector than normal to facilitate a positive and reliable reset, which does cause a more gritty feeling in the trigger pull. But she did not say the gritty feeling in the slide travel was expected.

What experience do other people have with the Love Wolf 3.5lb connector on Gen3 Glocks? Thanks.

(Yes, I did install it correctly.)

Chris

Magsz
12-21-11, 16:41
Your connector may be bent at an odd angle and is grinding against the slide.

You might want to try bending it inwards towards the trigger housing. Note, that if you go too far your pistol will fail to reset.

Chris17404
12-22-11, 09:22
Thanks, Magz. Yes, I did notice that it's bent a bit more severely away from the trigger housing than a factory connector. I'll try that.

Chris

The Rat
12-22-11, 09:32
Coincidentally, I had the same issue and stumbled across this thread. Yanked the connector out, bent the small nub some with some pliers, and now it doesn't seem to do the slide hangup any more than normal. :)

SW-Shooter
12-22-11, 13:43
Trash it and buy an OEM 3.5 connector and you will be fine. Some of those connectors require fitting while the OEM is drop in.

ST911
12-22-11, 17:33
OEM components are made to established standards and tolerances. Others may not be.

SeriousStudent
12-22-11, 19:55
OEM components are made to established standards and tolerances. Others may not be.

I completely agree. If you go to eBay and search for a seller named "smittywee", they have the best deal on factory Glock 3.5 connectors. I've bought 5 from the guy.

Many folks combine that with the factory NY trigger spring for a crisp reset. It also brings the trigger pull back up to about 5 pounds, which is a good thing for a carry gun.

Remember that Apex Tactical is announcing some new Glock parts at the SHOT show. Everything I have bought from them is first class.

ST911
12-22-11, 23:52
I completely agree. If you go to eBay and search for a seller named "smittywee", they have the best deal on factory Glock 3.5 connectors. I've bought 5 from the guy.

When the (-) connectors were hard to get and near-vaporware, I could almost understand using an aftermarket component. Now that they are pretty easy to obtain, there's no excuse.

Many folks combine that with the factory NY trigger spring for a crisp reset. It also brings the trigger pull back up to about 5 pounds, which is a good thing for a carry gun.

The NY/(-) connector combo is probably the nicest Glock trigger to be had. If you can find the original black NY springs, they're even better.

Remember that Apex Tactical is announcing some new Glock parts at the SHOT show. Everything I have bought from them is first class.

As you well know, I approach all new offerings with a hearty dose of cynicism. That being said, folks get credit where credit is due. Apex has earned a higher degree of optimism than many others.

SeriousStudent
12-23-11, 19:06
Thanks for the tip on the original NY springs. I think the ones I bought in my last batch are olive, but I'd have to rummage for them.

Agreed, there are way more steaming piles of dung in the firearms world, than there are corresponding donkeys. But Randy, Scott, et al have a good focus on the engineering side of things. Plus they have moved into some new digs, which will allow them to increase production. And they are highly responsive to the users. All of which I appreciate.

I have been toting Glocks for a fair bit of time. The degree of booger consumption by accessory makers never ceases to astound me. I think the Glock Bayonet probably takes the prize for public jackassery.