PDA

View Full Version : NRA Life Memberships for $300

0reo
12-21-11, 16:31
Hi folks,

As an NRA Life Member, & Certified Instructor I occasionally receive promotional offers to get friends & family signed up for Life Memberships at a discounted price and I would like to extend that offer here to you fine folks. I'm not employed by the NRA and I get absolutely nothing for doing this. I just consider it good karma and an important part of supporting our 2A rights.

Basically, send me a PM and I'll give you the promotional codes you need. Call up the NRA before January 15th, give them the info and they'll get you registered for a Life Membership for $300 instead of the regular $500-$1000 price.

I ONLY ASK IN RETURN: That you also join the Second Ammendment Foundation. (http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=safdonation) Annual memberships are only $15. These are the folks who are winning our rights back in the federal courts. (Heller, McDonald, and many many more.) I'm not asking for any proof- it's honor system here.

These two organizations are not perfect but together they are the 800lb gorillas fighting for our 2A rights. I'm asking you to please support them.

That is all,
Jason

Ned Christiansen
12-22-11, 08:23
Amen, Oreo, and way to go!

Folks, if you're on this forum and don't belong to the NRA, you need to join now. If you want to keep your stuff, if you don't like politicians arbitrarily picking and choosing which rights you really have, well, these are your spokesmen in Washington and elsewhere.

No excuses, here you have it on a silver platter-- it's time to be a part of the solution.

RudyN
12-22-11, 12:49
That is great offer. I would do it, but I am doing the payment life membership right now.

Sent from the local telegraph office

Rouleur
12-22-11, 13:37
Jason I just sent you a PM. Thank you.

0reo
12-22-11, 16:47
I've been getting a good number of PMs for this and that makes me happy.

Can one of you guys who've responded please let me know that you were actually able to get this deal? I'd like to know that this has been working without any problems.

Rouleur
12-23-11, 16:05
I will be able to sign up on Monday, 26 December. Will definitely let you know how it goes. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

redleg400
12-23-11, 17:05
Oreo,

I worked out. They didn't know anything about the deal until I mentioned the code. From there it was smooth sailing. I had to use the new membership number option 2,option 2.

Again, Thank You Oreo for the hookup.

Buckaroo
12-23-11, 21:33
Joined SAF just 'cause you are doing a great thing and I had not gotten around to joining.

I'm also on the NRA's Life Time payment track.

DemonRat
12-23-11, 22:03
pm inbound

0reo
12-23-11, 22:47
Joined SAF just 'cause you are doing a great thing and I had not gotten around to joining.

I'm also on the NRA's Life Time payment track.
You're a good man Buckaroo. :)

0reo
12-24-11, 14:11
Well, if everyone who PM'd me actually uses this offer there are 14 new NRA Life Members! That's a lot more then I expected. Pretty cool. The deal is good till January 15th so anyone new reading this, if you're interested shoot me a PM & I'll give you the scoop. :)

lotsasawdust
12-24-11, 18:02
Thanks for the offer. Your mail box is full according to the site. I just signed up for 3 yrs and would like to be a life member. Please PM me too.
Thanks
Rick

0reo
12-24-11, 18:14
Pm box cleaned up now.

hunt_ak
12-24-11, 18:19
PM your way!

0reo
12-24-11, 23:00
Merry Christmas Everyone!

JZpow
12-26-11, 07:13
Your mail box is full. Please PM me. Thank you

RogerinTPA
12-26-11, 10:38
This is a great deal. I'd be interested in getting my girlfriend signed up.

FYI: Your box is full

Brent61
12-26-11, 12:00
Oreo,

I worked out. They didn't know anything about the deal until I mentioned the code. From there it was smooth sailing. I had to use the new membership number option 2,option 2.

Again, Thank You Oreo for the hookup.

Hi Jason, New NRA Life member here thanks to you! :D

I had to call in as redleg400 stated. Initially they told me that the Life Member needed to call in and then hand over the phone to me. So I just kept trying until I got an agreeable rep. Only took four times!

After 30 years as an annual member, the NRA should have upgraded my membership as a Christmas gift! :cool:

0reo
12-26-11, 12:01
OK PM box cleaned up again.

The response to this thread has been fantastic. I used to spend most of my time on another forum where I posted this offer once and only got a few replies. So far we're at about 30 people who have expressed an interest here. I only hope the NRA doesn't limit the number of times my coupon code can be used.

If you've successfully gotten your NRA Life Membership with this deal and don't mind saying so please post it up here in this thread. (ETA: Thanks for the report Brent.)

Tigereye
12-26-11, 20:46
Jason,
They turned me down twice.
I'll try again. Thanks
Eric

0reo
12-26-11, 22:13
Did they give a reason? If / when they say my discount code has been over-used I'll stop giving it out.

Tigereye
12-27-11, 20:41
They told me that it is a gift membership that only you can use. I'll try again tomorrow.

0reo
12-27-11, 22:29
A couple people already told me it took them 4 or 5 tries but they did finally get it to work.

Like I said, if any one really can't get it to work let me know and we'll take it up a notch. I can do conference calls on my phone or I can send out the actual paper registration cards if necessary.

0reo
12-27-11, 22:54
Some people have asked me about the Second Amendment Foundation. Here is a news letter email I received from them today that typifies what they do for us. Keep in mind this law suit is against California but once it gets appealed high enough in federal the courts (& it definitely will) the legal precedent will apply nation wide on a fairly permanent basis. Also keep in mind that these guys are smart- they pick strong cases in a particular order with the goal of advancing our rights nationwide.

SAF, CALGUNS FOUNDATION SUE CALIFORNIA OVER FIREARMS STATUTE

BELLEVUE, WA - The Second Amendment Foundation has joined the Calguns Foundation and three California citizens in a federal lawsuit against the California Department of Justice and Attorney General Kamala Harris, challenging the state's requirement that gun owners wait at least ten days before taking possession of an additional firearm.

The case is known as Jeff Silvester et.al. v Kamala Harris, et.al.

"We've joined in this lawsuit because it makes no sense for California to require a gun owner who already possesses a firearm from buying another one within a few days," said SAF Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb. "We recall what Dr. Martin Luther King said, that A right delayed is a right denied'."

"Laws that infringe on the right to purchase arms have to be more than just merely rational and must directly serve important governmental interests," added Gene Hoffman, chairman of the Calguns Foundation. "Here, the law is not just irrational but actually contradictory. We filed this case right before Christmas in the hopes that, by next Christmas, gun owners will not suffer this continuing infringement on their right to acquire firearms."

"The State has absolutely no reason to infringe the rights of California gun owners who already possess firearms when they buy another one," said attorney Jason Davis who is representing the plaintiffs.

California currently requires the registration of handguns in California. And, beginning January 2014, it will also require the registration of all newly-purchased rifles and shotguns. Notably, California keeps a current database of all residents who are prohibited by state or federal law from owning or possessing firearms. Individual plaintiffs Jeff Silvester, Michael Poeschl, and Brandon Combs each have firearms registered with the State of California. Mr. Combs and Mr. Silvester also have firearms licenses from the State that constitute ongoing background checks.

"In just about every other state in the U.S., I as a law-abiding gun owner could walk in and, after passing an instant national background check, walk out with a firearm to defend myself in my home," Poeschl said. "What's really frustrating is that California is one of the very few states that forces gun owners to register all handguns that they buy. If the State's database saying that I already lawfully own a gun isn't proof that I don't need a cooling-off' period, then what is?"

"I have a license to carry a loaded firearm across the State," Silvester noted. "It is ridiculous that I have to wait another 10 days to pick up a new firearm when I'm standing there in the gun store lawfully carrying one the whole time."

"As a collector, I submitted to a Live Scan background check and obtained a Certificate of Eligibility to Possess Firearms from the State of California at my own expense," added Combs. "In the Internet era, where every California gun dealer has a computer connected directly to the State's databases, there is no logical reason to force me to wait 10 days and make another trip simply because California doesn't want to acknowledge the Certificate that it issued to me. I have registered guns, and I have the State telling me that I can possess guns, but for some reason I can't exercise my constitutionally protected rights for another ten days? That's insane."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control. In addition to the landmark McDonald v. Chicago Supreme Court Case, SAF has previously funded successful firearms-related suits against the cities of Los Angeles; New Haven, CT; New Orleans; Chicago and San Francisco on behalf of American gun owners, a lawsuit against the cities suing gun makers and numerous amicus briefs holding the Second Amendment as an individual right.

dhrith
12-28-11, 21:49
They told me that it is a gift membership that only you can use. I'll try again tomorrow.

The first lady I called told me the same thing, so I just said heck I'll try it again and the second one on the line worked with me. I just said oh no, he just gave the code to me over the phone, his address? no I just usually drive over there but don't know his house address.. but had his nra#, the code number and his name of course. She wanted to know where he was from and said is he the one from such and such (maryland or some shit) and I just nonchalantly said yep, that's him lol, and she rolled with it from there. A conference call would work even smoother but be a bit more of a pain. The SAF membership was lickety split on their site and cheap too. That's truly a crazy price never having to screw with this again. I was giddy enough, I threw a membership to a random soldier.

p..
12-29-11, 17:02
It took me a few tries, a lot of time on hold, and getting transferred to several different people, a couple of whom said I could not buy it for myself and that it had to be a gift from the member who received the offer. But with a few calls back, eventually I got someone who was familiar with the process and agreeable to me signing myself up. So now my annual membership, which still had a few months left on it, is a lifetime.

Oreo explained to me why it's important to be a member of the SAF in addition to being an NRA member. The SAF signup was very easy, less than a minute.

Thank you, Oreo.

0reo
12-29-11, 18:27
Thanks to you guys for being persistent. It seems like persistence is the key with this deal.

Keep in mind, the deal expires on January 15th so if I've given you the info get it done before then.

Tigereye
12-29-11, 19:02
Jason,
I called first thing this morning and got the nicest person. She told me she knew about the offer and set me right up like a champ. UDAMAN! I'm now going to give one to one of my nephews who is a Marine.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity.
Eric

2A Foundation is super easy.

0reo
12-29-11, 20:15
Fantastic! So far I think everyone who was having problems has had success through persistence.

0reo
01-05-12, 00:45
10 days left on this offer.

Has anyone tried and still not been able to get their life membership? Has anyone not received a reply from me? As of this post I'm of the impression that all PMs have been replied to and everyone has had successful dealings with the NRA.

Also, thanks to everyone who has joined the SAF (Second Amendment Foundation). SAF is the very best place to send money for the advancement of our rights. Donations to the SAF are tax deductible!

jdmac
01-07-12, 10:51
Thanks Jason! Been hanging out for a while...what a perfect thing for my first official post around here!

SSGGlock
01-10-12, 11:28
Hello
This is my first post also, been reading for awhile. PM sent to Oreo

drsal
01-10-12, 12:04
PM sent.... will use it for myself & my son!

Tim
01-10-12, 20:43
Jason,
Thank you for this offer. I just tried to PM you and your inbox is full. Would you PM the discount code to me or clear some PM's?
Thanks,
Tim

0reo
01-18-12, 04:14
This promotion has now ended.

I know I missed a few folks there at the end & I apologize for that. Family responsibilities kept me from keeping up here. I do get these promotional offers a few times a year so if you missed this one keep an eye out for the next one. I'll try to make it available when it comes around again.

I think there is well over 30 new life members (& hopefully 30 new SAF members also) as a result of this thread. I call that a grand success! Thanks to you all for helping to fund the protection of our 2A rights, especially durring the holiday season of an already difficult year.

God bless,
Jason

Reagans Rascals
01-18-12, 04:18
I was a member for quite some time, but the issue that made me leave (as well as AOPA), was the continuous monthly request to renew my membership. Just over and over and over again. I literally got one only 5 weeks into my membership. Its just gets very very old continuously getting emails and offers for a free gift if I renew today.

If none of that was involved, I'd have no issue paying the money and joining.

CDR_Glock
01-18-12, 06:41
I'm already a life member of the NRA. How does this organization differ? What are the added benefits of joining?

iPad/Tapatalk

lethal dose
01-18-12, 07:01
this is moving.

damongernentz
01-18-12, 10:01
Oreo,
Keep us in the loop if you get any more deals like that. I have been debating about the Life Membership for a few years now. I know the money goes to a good cause but, its hard for me to part with the $1000. I like the idea of the Life Member and the benifits and such. I have also been tossing the idea around of becoming an NRA cert. Instructor. Thanks for all your help.

kittyhawk
01-18-12, 11:09
Hi Jason, I tried to PM you but your PM is Full.

Thanks

Dave

boggyboy72
01-20-12, 17:07
Sorry I missed it,but next time I'm in.