PDA

View Full Version : Blueprints?

Reagans Rascals
12-22-11, 11:20
Looking for engineering drawings, schematics, blueprints etc. for all of the little parts in the AR15/M4.

All the different springs, o-rings, gas rings, pins, catches, plungers, plates, screws, levers and fire control parts.

I'm not sure if there are machinists drawings for those parts but I'm attempting to complete a working solid model of the M4 and I'd like it to be fairly accurate. I currently have the Upper and Lower receivers, bolt carrier and bolt (without ejector spring), barrel nut and barrel extension that I've extrapolated from the various prints floating around, now its on to the more tedious parts.

Any help is appreciated.

sights are not needed.

EW1066
12-22-11, 20:14
For the springs, roll pins and O-rings, you could check on Mc Master and see if they have solid models of something close and then edit the model. But you would have to take things apart to get the proper dims.

EDUB

Quib
12-23-11, 08:24
Along the lines of the post above..... many of the roll pins, springs ect, ect, have AN, MS or NAS part numbers. Those can be cross referenced from the -23&P and Googled for dimensions and with a little luck, manufacturing drawings.

Reagans Rascals
03-29-12, 11:45
anyone else have any sources?

I have an original U.S. Army M-16 machinists drawing set of 67 pages however it does not include any of the smaller parts or much of the fire control

3 AE
03-29-12, 18:36
Here's a link to a site that has various FAQ's on the AR-15. One is a chart listing the dimensions of pins and springs. Another on CAD/Blueprint files. Hope this helps. http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/