PDA

View Full Version : Franchi 48/AL feeding issues

nimdabew
12-22-11, 13:34
Hi,

I just had a gun problem come across my desk and it is in the form of a Franchi 48/AL 12 gauge. The damn thing doesn't want to feed from the magazine tube! I am looking at how the shells are fed and I believe that when the action is closed, the shell holder latch (figure 49) isn't being depressed to prepare the next round for feeding. The feed carrier works just like it is supposed to though. What should I look at first to start picking this problem apart?

http://www.stevespages.com/ipb-franchi-automatic.html

dbh1956
12-27-11, 12:32
Have you checked shotgunworld.com? There is a separate Franchi forum.

Kain
12-27-11, 15:18
Have you shot it? AL48 are recoil operated and only load when the barrel recoils. At least if my memory serves. One issue that i could think of with the shotgun, at least from my person experience with the shotgun platform is that the recoil spring around the tube may not be lubed enough, have seen this cause failure to feed issues as well.

sixgunsal
12-27-11, 18:33
Make sure the magazine disconnector isn't activated. Be sure to lube the recoil assembly and od of the magazine tube also

williejc
12-27-11, 18:58
This model will not manually feed a shell from mtube into chamber--a so-called safety feature.