PDA

View Full Version : Mission First Tactical Handguards?

Doc Safari
12-22-11, 15:46
My first thought is that these are probably junk, but they present an interesting way to mount things that appeals to me:

http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/Products/Rail-Systems/AR15-M16-2-Sided-Rail-handguard

Anybody?

Failure2Stop
12-22-11, 16:02
What do you want to mount that purpose-built adaptors such as those from Mount-N-Slot won't work with?

Doc Safari
12-22-11, 16:12
It's just a "quickie" fix until I decide on what else I might get. :D

I had to buy a (Daniel Defense?) offset light mount at the local shop because dumbass me broke a Viking Tactical light mount last weekend (overtorqued one of the screws and buggered the plastic). If I put the offset light mount on the 9 to 12 face of the MOE handguards it sticks out like an antenna.

I just happened across those handguards on the internet and thought $40 bucks until I get something better was a way to allow the offset mount to be closer to a true 12 o'clock mount (since I could mount it on the upper rail and have the light side-by-side with the front sight).

Come to think of it, I may just get the Midwest Industries rail that mounts to the front sight tower and ditch any handguard mount period, or if I see pics of something better...

I just want to avoid the "all rail all the time" front handguard setup. I'd rather stick to the original handguards and find another way to mount a light, or find a way to use the MOE handguards with something.

EDITED TO CLARIFY: I have nothing against the Mount-N-Slot. Maybe I'll get one of those.