PDA

View Full Version : PWS KAC556 mount issues...

Turnkey11
12-22-11, 19:37
I got a couple PWS mounts to run on my SBRs with the can, one used and one new. Ive mic'ed both mounts to be exactly the same in regards to the index pin location and locking beam channels, and they seem to be right with the KAC QD flash hider as well. However, the QD flash hider is easy to install the NT4 on, but with the PWS I cannot get the locking beam down on either mount. Has anybody else mounted a NT4 to this mount and experienced the same issues as I am, and possibly have a fix for it?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/Guns/DSC04861.jpg

viperashes
12-23-11, 08:48
Are you sure the suppressor is fully seated on the FH? NT4s are already somewhat of an ass pain to mount, even on the KAC manufactured mounting options as I can tell you know, judging from the markings on your other two flash hiders.

Check to make sure it's seated fully and correctly first. If it won't seat, check the internal depth of the suppressor against the length of the hider against eachother to where the channel and locking beam line up. Basically every measurement that would matter, beam diameter and channel diameter. The PWS hiders are definitely nice, it may be that you just got a fluke. I've seen NT4s be extremely finnicky with some mounts, you may have just gotten one that is just enough outside of the tolerance of your can.

Turnkey11
12-23-11, 08:55
I actually did that this morning, the difference between the PWS length and KAC flash hider was .004" (PWS longer). The can will fall on the QD flash hider and locking beam will just about close itself, it will also fall right onto the PWS but the locking beam wont budge. Im waiting for a response back from PWS via email to see if they will fix it, otherwise Ill probably sell the new one and modify to fit the used one that I put on the gun.

Edit* Got a email back from PWS, will be swapping both out for new KAC556's that are guaranteed to work. Ive come to the conclusion is a overall length issue, I rotated the can so that the indexing pin fell between the flash hider tines and still could not seat the can far enough to close the locking beam.

viperashes
12-23-11, 16:31
I actually did that this morning, the difference between the PWS length and KAC flash hider was .004" (PWS longer). The can will fall on the QD flash hider and locking beam will just about close itself, it will also fall right onto the PWS but the locking beam wont budge. Im waiting for a response back from PWS via email to see if they will fix it, otherwise Ill probably sell the new one and modify to fit the used one that I put on the gun.

Edit* Got a email back from PWS, will be swapping both out for new KAC556's that are guaranteed to work. Ive come to the conclusion is a overall length issue, I rotated the can so that the indexing pin fell between the flash hider tines and still could not seat the can far enough to close the locking beam.

I figured the issue would be OAL related. The guys at PWS are great. I'm fairly certain that you talked to Stacy. He's an awesome guy to talk to. They have great CS and that's largely due to Stacy doing so well with answering questions and fixing the inevitable issues like this one that come up every so often. Glad to hear that they're taking care of you. I honestly had no doubt that they would take good care of you if this was the case.

Turnkey11
01-04-12, 16:04
Great news, got both brakes back from PWS today and fit was perfect with my NT4. Im getting them both on guns today and will get to shoot them this weekend. Im extremely happy with the way Stacey at PWS handled the issue, book definition of good customer service.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/Guns/DSC04878.jpg

viperashes
01-05-12, 00:01
Great news, got both brakes back from PWS today and fit was perfect with my NT4. Im getting them both on guns today and will get to shoot them this weekend. Im extremely happy with the way Stacey at PWS handled the issue, book definition of good customer service.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/nf9648/Guns/DSC04878.jpg

Fantastic. :) Glad they got you sorted out. I've never had anything but good luck dealing with PWS. Some of the best customer service in the industry. I think PWS is second only to Battle Arms in my mind.