PDA

View Full Version : Question about a S&W

BFIBri
12-07-07, 08:53
My buddy just bought a S&W M&P 15A. When I broke it down for him, I noticed that the bolt carrier was only a semi and the bolt had a forge mark of a "T" encircled. Also, Pmags didnt lock up :mad:

I already knew that the Pmags might not work but I thought that S&W shipped with auto BCG by LMT (or is the "T" their forge mark)

What does the "T" forge mean?

Bri

Shihan
12-07-07, 13:12
LMT makes semi carriers as well and that is what mine has in it. Its shrouded so it will be fine.

C4IGrant
12-07-07, 13:16
My buddy just bought a S&W M&P 15A. When I broke it down for him, I noticed that the bolt carrier was only a semi and the bolt had a forge mark of a "T" encircled. Also, Pmags didnt lock up :mad:

I already knew that the Pmags might not work but I thought that S&W shipped with auto BCG by LMT (or is the "T" their forge mark)

What does the "T" forge mean?

Bri

Semi-auto BCG's only. If the 15A is old enough, it might have a Stag/CMT BCG.
Is there a chisel mark over the bolts holding the gas key in place?

C4

BFIBri
12-07-07, 14:05
Semi-auto BCG's only. If the 15A is old enough, it might have a Stag/CMT BCG.
Is there a chisel mark over the bolts holding the gas key in place?

C4

Nope, Its staked correct

Bri

jeremy54b
12-08-07, 15:04
Edited to remove totally off-topic posting...again, apologies gents.

czydj
12-08-07, 21:21
I just finished the armorer's school and asked specifically about the PMAG because we've had customers with A's and T's that the mags wouldn't lock into. The answer I got from both the instructor and the rep was that there is a batch out there with slightly off-spec lower receiver mag wells, leading to PMAGs not locking home. Apparently, the problem has been recognized and remedied in later guns.

Duly noted...

jeremy54b
12-09-07, 18:52
That's what I get for having multiple windows open...sorry for the off-topic post guys.