PDA

View Full Version : New Magpul 870 Accessories

NotDylan
12-23-11, 07:29
Nice to see them branching out.

Link (http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/shotgun)

skatz11
12-23-11, 07:47
Looks good. I'd love to see these made for my 590A1.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

terrymo
12-23-11, 09:31
http://soldiersystems.net/2011/12/23/magpul-shotgun-accessories/

AFGuy1227
12-23-11, 09:47
Looks awesome. Will most likely replace my Knox stock but no so sure about my Surefire forend.

StrikerFired
12-23-11, 09:49
Just Great.... Now I have to re-build my 870 again and give Magpul even more of my $$$

NCPatrolAR
12-23-11, 10:27
meh.....I'll have to try one out first. The design doesnt look that appealing but I do like the concept of adjustable LOP

one
12-23-11, 11:12
I'll almost certainly try the stock out, since mines a battered and trashed cut down wood one. I'm sold on the position of the sling mount since that's already where I run it on my AR's. I don't know what to think about the angle of the pistol grip.

The Surefire forend light on my 870 quit working completely recently so we'll see how that goes in repair vs replacement.

glockeyed
12-23-11, 11:31
wonder how many years i have to wait for a Mossy 930, or SX3 version. :(

Celt
12-23-11, 13:22
I'm going to wait for a lot of reviews before I purchase these for my 870.

Whom am I kidding? I'll buy 'em. :)

NCPatrolAR
12-23-11, 13:45
Can't wait to see all the people that buy 870s just so they can throw some Magpul stuff on them and post pics ;)

MrSunday
12-23-11, 13:51
Looks good. I was just about to start retrofitting one of my 870's for home defense use. The stock and forend should work great for my needs.

orionz06
12-23-11, 15:00
Can't wait to see all the people that buy 870s just do they can throw some Magpul stuff on them and post pics ;)

HA!

Beat me to it.

JSGlock34
12-23-11, 15:01
Intriguing. I'm curious to see if Magpul introduces a pistol grip version.

ache_d
12-23-11, 16:02
Hey Magpul!
http://i54.tinypic.com/qnl3j9.gif
Looks great can't wait!

Sry0fcr
12-23-11, 16:47
I'm interested in the stock if the price is reasonable and it let's my short ass get behind the gun better.

Spooky130
12-23-11, 18:42
Immediately like the forend... Jury is still out on the stock - it LOOKS heavy like the PRS stock. Will definitely have to try it out to make a good choice.

Does the 1100 or 1187 stock attach the same way as the 870? In other words would this stock automatically work on either one of those?

Spooky

kmrtnsn
12-23-11, 19:34
In Casa K we have the Mesa Tactical stocks on an 870 and a Benelli M4, I like them a lot. The wisdom in terms of marketing for the Magpul 870 stock is that it gives the shooter a near pistol grip in markets where some shooters can't have them. I'd like to hear how short the LOP is and I am anxious to see if the MP forend blocks the loading port in the full rearward position.

Myself, I am glad to see them branching out to other firearms platforms. The vast majority of their suff is good kit, even if it all isn't for me (I don't care for their rifle stocks, I'm a Vltor guy). The stuff is affordable and of good quality. It'll be interesting to see if this stuff ends up MOE from Remington. This is good for MP, and their customers as far as I am concerned.

ForTehNguyen
12-23-11, 19:41
they should make a side saddle and another stock with a full pistol grip. Since its a MOE fore end, AFGs look like they would work well on a shotgun

ache_d
12-23-11, 22:32
Over/under on the stock price.... $120? Any takers? :laugh:

NCPatrolAR
12-23-11, 23:50
Now that I look at it; the stock reminds me of the stock found on the Steyr Scout

lamarbrog
12-24-11, 01:25
Looks bulkier and heavier than factory furniture- I'd like to compare them side by side.

The appeal of a combat/tactical shotgun to me is how streamlined they are. I really like the side-mount sling option for the stock... but not sure it would be worth the bulk.

If nothing else, you can make your shotgun look like the laser rifles we'll be hunting dinosaurs with once we figure out time travel. That looks like something out of Star Wars.

Amicus
12-24-11, 08:29
I'd like to hear how short the LOP is and I am anxious to see if the MP forend blocks the loading port in the full rearward position.

I'm with you on that. Somehow, I doubt that Magpul would block the loading port, but I find it interesting that they chose to picture the unit with a four-reload side-saddle rather than with a six. Certainly, some manufacturers of saddles have had problems matching handguards/slides/forends with six-reload saddles.

Spiffums
12-24-11, 12:56
I like the fore end. I love my Speed Feed stock so I don't want to change it but the fore end with the slots of the light kit would be a great upgrade for mine.

Dozer
12-24-11, 15:19
There's a lot of valid questions and a lot of speculation here. I assure you, we will have more information during SHOT show.

Merry Christmas to all.

one
12-24-11, 16:22
I would like to get my hands on one to test out. It'd be nice to see how it performs in actual use vs internet theories and pre production negativity.

Kchen986
12-24-11, 17:05
If they'd release a stock for the Mossberg 930 and 590 Series I'd be all over that. Stock Mossbergs are known for their overly-long LOP.

AFGuy1227
12-24-11, 17:26
There's a lot of valid questions and a lot of speculation here. I assure you, we will have more information during SHOT show.

Merry Christmas to all.

But SHOT show is so far away and you know how impatient us gun guys can be. :D

hunt_ak
12-24-11, 18:51
But SHOT show is so far away and you know how impatient us gun guys can be. :D

And CHRISTMAS is tomorrow!! :D

13MPG
12-24-11, 20:10
Can't wait to see all the people that buy 870s just so they can throw some Magpul stuff on them and post pics ;)

LOL

The stock looks awkward IMO but I do like the MOE forend. It could be a good way to get a TLR/X300 on my 870.

Skang
12-25-11, 00:34
I don't know about the stock, but forend look great. Just need some aggressive stippling. :)

DemonRat
12-25-11, 01:25
Well since I have been in the market for a shotgun I guess it's gonna be Remy 870:D. Helped me make my mind up.

Dos Cylindros
12-25-11, 10:37
I am interested in the stock. The angle of the grip, looks as though it will solve one of the main issues I have with shortened LOP stocks. The issue being having your thumb punch you in the face if you wrap it over the stock instead of running it straight forward. I will admit the stock does look different, but I think I will give it a shot when it becomes available.

NCPatrolAR
12-25-11, 10:37
Well since I have been in the market for a shotgun I guess it's gonna be Remy 870:D. Helped me make my mind up.

A stock and fore end would probably be one of the last things on my list when looking for a shotgun. I rank control layout, sight/sling/side saddle options much higher. But thats just me . :D

Dozer
12-25-11, 14:22
A stock and fore end would probably be one of the last things on my list when looking for a shotgun. I rank control layout, sight/sling/side saddle options much higher. But thats just me . :D

Considering that the Remington 870 is a workhorse, I believe he did. :D

Besides, a stock that offers an adjustable length of pull, multiple cheek risers for various sight options, and built-in sling mounting option ranks pretty high in my opinion.

DemonRat
12-25-11, 14:39
I had decided to get either the remy or a mossy 500 big 5 had a great deal on them. I could have gotten them both for under 600 bucks plus ammo. But I have been considering why I needed one. As I have said before all my firearms have more then one purpose. I use them for hunting , defense , and target practice. Now I do not like the taste of any kind of waterfowl as I don't eat mud anymore. So hunting with a remy I wouldn't do. But the remy has been around and has proven its tactical ability's far longer then the mossy has. The stock and fore end are just Icing on the cake. It's not the only reason why I am getting a remy. It just helps me to make a decision that I have been contemplating for over 3 years now. So I hope with what I have said you can understand why I plan on getting a remy. It might be 2 years before I decide to buy the stock and fore end as funds are available. By then there should be some reviews of them out there and I can make a better decision on me purchasing them. It's just another good option to put on my choice of shotgun.

one
12-25-11, 15:38
I had decided to get either the remy or a mossy 500 big 5 had a great deal on them. I could have gotten them both for under 600 bucks plus ammo. But I have been considering why I needed one. As I have said before all my firearms have more then one purpose. I use them for hunting , defense , and target practice. Now I do not like the taste of any kind of waterfowl as I don't eat mud anymore. So hunting with a remy I wouldn't do. But the remy has been around and has proven its tactical ability's far longer then the mossy has. The stock and fore end are just Icing on the cake. It's not the only reason why I am getting a remy. It just helps me to make a decision that I have been contemplating for over 3 years now. So I hope with what I have said you can understand why I plan on getting a remy. It might be 2 years before I decide to buy the stock and fore end as funds are available. By then there should be some reviews of them out there and I can make a better decision on me purchasing them. It's just another good option to put on my choice of shotgun.

Great response.

kmrtnsn
12-25-11, 16:32
Considering that the Remington 870 is a workhorse, I believe he did. :D

Besides, a stock that offers an adjustable length of pull, multiple cheek risers for various sight options, and built-in sling mounting option ranks pretty high in my opinion.

The adjustable cheek risers are really nice to have, especially now that more and more people are running T1's and RMR's on shotguns. I know I really like having the adjustable riser on my Benelli.

Like I said before, I think this stock has a lot of potential in offering a lot of flexibility to the 870 platform. Unfortunately for me, my stock needs have already been met but this can be a nice alternative to others, especially those in locations that prohibit pistol grip stocks.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-25-11, 17:08
LOL

The stock looks awkward IMO but I do like the MOE forend. It could be a good way to get a TLR/X300 on my 870.

That's what I was thinking. Those lighted Suerfire forends are sooo expensive. Interested in seeing if the AFGs help with shotgun handling.

Just another step closer to getting into Rem700 action stocks systems???

kmrtnsn
12-25-11, 17:54
That's what I was thinking. Those lighted Suerfire forends are sooo expensive. Interested in seeing if the AFGs help with shotgun handling.

Just another step closer to getting into Rem700 action stocks systems???

I was at a one day shotgun course a few months back. There was one guy there trying to run an 870 with a AFG. He removed it long before we made it to lunch. Based on my observations, an AFG for an SG just doesn't cut it, it is not designed for the extreme fore-aft motion that a pump shotgun requires.

Shawn.L
12-25-11, 18:07
Be awesome if they made one to fit my 870 20 gauge .

kmrtnsn
12-25-11, 18:16
Be awesome if they made one to fit my 870 20 gauge .

Speaking GENERALLY (not emphasized for you, the OP), the receivers are for the most part, the same. If a stock will fit a 12ga, it should fit a 20ga. I can't see why this stock wouldn't fit a 1187 either, just like any other Remington accessory stock out there.

Shawn.L
12-25-11, 18:20
Speaking GENERALLY (not emphasized for you, the OP), the receivers are for the most part, the same. If a stock will fit a 12ga, it should fit a 20ga. I can't see why this stock wouldn't fit a 1187 either, just like any other Remington accessory stock out there.

I'm not too into shotguns , so I'm coming from a close to zero knowledge base here. But I was more interested in the forearm , and as I understand it looking at options for this gun before the 20 and 12 are not interchangeable.

kmrtnsn
12-25-11, 18:35
I'm not too into shotguns , so I'm coming from a close to zero knowledge base here. But I was more interested in the forearm , and as I understand it looking at options for this gun before the 20 and 12 are not interchangeable.

Bummer. I thought the 20ga ran on the same receiver. That's what I love about this place; learn something new everyday.

DemonRat
12-25-11, 18:49
Bummer. I thought the 20ga ran on the same receiver. That's what I love about this place; learn something new everyday.
Yeah I learned that from owning a Remington 7400 it's receiver is the same size as the 20 gauge and not many people make aftermarket gidgets and gadgets for it but I love my rifle. The 12 gauge is larger and is used for both 12 and 10 gauge shot guns if you can find a 10 gauge Remington nowadays.

Spiffums
12-25-11, 20:37
I don't know about the stock, but forend look great. Just need some aggressive stippling. :)

Dremels and Sorting Irons UP!

NCPatrolAR
12-25-11, 21:07

I'm sure it would since you guys are producing one. ;)

Dozer
12-26-11, 07:53
I'm sure it would since you guys are producing one. ;)

Or maybe, just maybe it could be because of the feature set.:nono:

But I know it's just easier to assume that it's the other way around and dislike a product simply because of the logo on the side. ;)

NCPatrolAR
12-26-11, 08:41
Or maybe, just maybe it could be because of the feature set.:nono:

Maybe a stock does rank high on your list. As I said; it doesnt rank high on mine and there are other features I view as being more important.

But I know it's just easier to assume that it's the other way around and dislike a product simply because of the logo on the side. ;)

Now dont go claiming victim status just because someone doesnt immediately heap praise on an item shown on a website. Unlike most; I dont rave about, or put down, a product simply because of the logo on the side of it. I actually look for a product to meet a need that I have, be obtainable, and be made to a certain level of quality. If said item has/appears to have something I like; I point it out. If it has something I dont care for, I point that out too. You can look no further than this thread to see that. :)

Dozer
12-26-11, 09:08
No one is claiming anything or looking for blind praise.

I've read the thread over and if I took anything out of content, for that I apologize. However, assuming that I would like it simply because we are making one is incorrect. I was a shooter long before I started working at Magpul and in spite of what some may believe, I still chose my gear on the feature set not the manufacturer. We are bringing a stock that with an adjustable length of pull for various shooters and various cheek risers to account for various sight options. We believe we are filling a void in the market currently not done so by any other stock. If anyone does not like it then that is their opinion and I can certainly respect that. I am confident in saying that once people try it, we are going to change their take on it.

warpigM-4
12-26-11, 09:53
meh.....I'll have to try one out first. The design doesnt look that appealing but I do like the concept of adjustable LOP

Same here I have been looking at the surefire pistol grip stock if they did something like that I would like that,I do Like the forearm would you be able to mount rails to it like the MOE

platoonDaddy
12-26-11, 12:38

Hard too beat Urbino Tactical stocks 12.5" pull or their telescoping stock for the shotgun.

kmrtnsn
12-26-11, 13:21
Hard too beat Urbino Tactical stocks 12.5" pull or their telescoping stock for the shotgun.

I love the Urbinos we have on the M4 and 870 but not everyone can have a pistol grip stock. Looking at the MP SG stock, it looks like their cheek riser is seamless, it must come with a couple of other, interchangable risers. Although the 12.5 of my Urbinos is nice, I'd like the option of making it another .75" shorter.

LoboTBL
12-26-11, 23:53
I like the fore end. I love my Speed Feed stock so I don't want to change it but the fore end with the slots of the light kit would be a great upgrade for mine.

+1 on the Speedfeed. I love mine and won't be changing it.

kmrtnsn
12-26-11, 23:58
+1 on the Speedfeed. I love mine and won't be changing it.

I used to love the Speedfeed stocks until I started shooting wearing tactical armor (as apposed to armor worn under my uniform). The LOP is just way too long for me and any short shooter doing the same.

Steve
12-27-11, 09:12
Having handled the stock and such i can say this i was a bit WTF at first then i got my hands on it...

the adjustments that the stock offers is a blessing for many who need to fit guns to individuals for me a 12 inch only works well when i wear armor or many layers, factory 14 inch does me no good at 6-4. 12.5 -13 is perfect on average

then i take into effect the guys that hunt with slug guns or use red dots etc on them for proper sight picture as well as various other sights such as GR and RS some PG stocks offer to much drop to get that SF being one of them i lived with them for years on guns

as for add on to my gun slings on my shotgun are a simple carry strap if any

I agree on somethings shotgun needs pending its role those are a proper fitted stock is important for good recoil control and technique as well. and positive operation of the shotgun as many short stroking issues are caused by improper LOP/ white light next then extra ammo depending on the guns roll the average homeowner with a 6-7-8 shot gun is most likely well served

Stocks are a love hate. its one thing i look for on students almost off the bat is stock length..... when comes come out of the cases

northern1
12-28-11, 20:33
I'm looking forward to this. Pretty much solves the kinks I've been trying to ring out of my 870 at what I'm sure I'll consider to be an affordable price.

The think tank/design team at MP impresses me.

Plato
01-01-12, 19:05
I can't wait to try these out at SHOT and I hope this new line brings magpul even more success. I would love it if they would make this new forend for the benelli m2 so I could mount an x300 when I needed it rather than settle for the Surefire solution.

blasternank
01-08-12, 21:31
I've been wanting another stock set for my 870. I hope they are not too expensive.

nineteenkilo
01-09-12, 08:12
I just can't justify this one. Not that it isn't a great stock and all, but it is a little overkill for my purposes. I'm gonna have to go with a more streamlined factory stock with a sidesaddle and be done with it.

I will try one though and report back when I get a chance.

col.1981
01-16-12, 12:18
I didn't know about this until I saw this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing some 'magpuled' 870's. Definitely think a PG version would be a little hotter though.

AFGuy1227
01-16-12, 13:26
Prices have been assigned to the new Rem 870 accessories with a release of spring 2012.

http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/shotgun

djmorris
01-22-12, 15:21
Wheres the Mossy 500 accessories, Magpul!?!?! :confused:

JSGlock34
01-22-12, 16:21
Considering Magpul's close relationship with Remington (as demonstrated by the ACR), I'm not sure we'll see Mossberg accessories soon. Per this Gun Nuts Article (http://gunnuts.net/2012/01/20/magpul-equipped-remington-870/), Remington is offering the Magpul 870 as a factory gun...makes sense to roll out the 870 accessories first.

xpd54
01-22-12, 17:02
Not so much interested in the stock, but the forearm I'll give a try. I haven't found a forearm that I can put a light on that I've liked yet. Since this will take standard MOE assec. I'll be able to set it up like my AR.

Dozer
01-24-12, 13:38
Considering Magpul's close relationship with Remington (as demonstrated by the ACR), I'm not sure we'll see Mossberg accessories soon. Per this Gun Nuts Article (http://gunnuts.net/2012/01/20/magpul-equipped-remington-870/), Remington is offering the Magpul 870 as a factory gun...makes sense to roll out the 870 accessories first.

The Remington 870 12GA is the most prominent shotgun in the US. As such we are releasing accesories for that particular model first. As we progress we will be working on other brands and models as well.

JSGlock34
01-24-12, 19:25
The Remington 870 12GA is the most prominent shotgun in the US. As such we are releasing accesories for that particular model first. As we progress we will be working on other brands and models as well.

Cool, the more options the merrier. Thanks for the update.

chapperjoe
01-26-12, 12:15
109$ for the stock is absurd.
At that price, I want a pistol grip option (cavarms price and weight can be high)

the handguard is VERY welcome though.

surefire's railed handguard can get a bit pricey and most of the rails aren't needed. ergo was ok, but also didn't need all the rails.

an MOE 870 hg has been on my wishlist for years now....

Jake Bauer
01-29-12, 22:44
Did anyone get to play with one at SHOT? I have 2 questions that need to be answered before I get too excited.. I've attached the photo of the variant of the 870 I have. (I have added a 6 shot side saddle to the receiver)

1. Will the forend when in the full rearward position go past the receiver and run into my side saddle?

2. Will the forend in the fully forward position run into the barrel clamp?

billybronco
01-31-12, 11:13
what's up with 4, 6 and/or 8 round saddles and compatibility with the forearm?

Titleist
01-31-12, 11:30
Did anyone get to play with one at SHOT? I have 2 questions that need to be answered before I get too excited.. I've attached the photo of the variant of the 870 I have. (I have added a 6 shot side saddle to the receiver)

1. Will the forend when in the full rearward position go past the receiver and run into my side saddle?

2. Will the forend in the fully forward position run into the barrel clamp?

From my experience playing with them, no they won't affect your side saddle.

Depends on the barrel clamp but I don't believe so.

ForTehNguyen
05-31-12, 23:02
from Facebook:

The MOE Forend and SGA Stock for the Remington Arms Company Model 870 12 Gauge Shotgun are shipping now to distributors! For full specs go to http://www.magpul.com/shotgun . Black only currently, with FDE and Orange to follow. Forend MSRP $29.95, stock $109.95. The cheek riser kits, OEM Butt Pad Adapter, and Forward and Rear Sling Mounts are coming soon, so watch this space. http://www.magpul.com/shotgun

readyme
06-03-12, 18:37
There is no way I am spending $140+ to have Magpul on my 870P.
I got a new Hogue set for about $50...good enough for me.
The real downside besides the cost is the pistol grip, in my opinion, should be much more vertical.

ForTehNguyen
06-07-12, 20:02
Ordered a stock and foreend from AIM, I will let yall know how it is when it comes in

Steve
06-07-12, 20:32
There is no way I am spending $140+ to have Magpul on my 870P.
I got a new Hogue set for about $50...good enough for me.
The real downside besides the cost is the pistol grip, in my opinion, should be much more vertical.

have you shot one yet?

I like the houge stocks but i love the adjustments of our stock and the cheek risers for different sights and optics

this is why we have options

Spooky130
06-07-12, 21:19
I just installed my set I received from DSG Arms today. Holding the stock as it came out of the box it feels heavy and the grip seems to be small. Installation was a snap with the provided Allen wrench and screw. I left the length as is. The stock pad is much like the other MagPul rubber pads but has more cushioning. Pre-shooting handling has me fairly impressed as the weight is well distributed and the grip felt very good.

The forearm is nice as well. A very nice touch is the polymer castle nut wrench included for proper installation. So far it feels nice. I also have a KAC 870 RAS on this shotgun and there is minimal clearance between the bottom of it and the top of the new forearm.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to shoot it this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WARPIG [USMC]
06-07-12, 21:46
Im interested in the forearm replacement but Im not completely sold on the stock. I think I'd have to hold one to see if I'd like it...it just looks so bulky.

Steve
06-07-12, 22:43
;1323377']Im interested in the forearm replacement but Im not completely sold on the stock. I think I'd have to hold one to see if I'd like it...it just looks so bulky.

to be honest i felt the same till i got it on a gun an ran it
it balances out well and the design actually eats up a bit of recoil on the gun i set mine to 12.5 inches LOP as im 6-4 and a bunch its about perfect for me the way i run gun.. in a recent class in texas i passed around my gun for students to use the overall was thumbs up on it by many there...

i can say this its built like a tank and can take a pounding without being heavy and awkward the slim grip rotates in the hand much better for some loading drills and control of the gun so far so good

SPQR476
06-07-12, 23:54
I had the same initial reservations on looking at it and before the install, but I really like it on the gun. I also thought it was heavy until i compared it to other stocks when off the gun, and of course once it was on it didnt seem heavy at all. The pistol grip is just vertical enough to give a better wrist position when loading and a good platform to help in running the pump, but it still "points" like a shotgun, which has always been a failing of pure pistol grip stocks for me. The cheek risers are great...finally, real cheek weld with sights...the + .25" works great with ghost rings or remmy height rifle sights for me.

WARPIG [USMC]
06-08-12, 10:40
Thanks for the input, fellas! Looking more and more appealing....worse comes to worse, I can always just sell it if I dont like it. :D

C.Edwards
06-09-12, 17:27
Looks good. I'd love to see these made for my 590A1.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

^^^^ This

number1olddog
06-09-12, 17:46
+1. Maybe someday:(

SPQR476
06-09-12, 19:56
Have patience. ;-)

kmrtnsn
06-09-12, 20:46
Have patience. ;-)

While we're waiting for things, here is a suggestion. The Benelli M4 has a two piece forend, that is unable to accept accessories, like say a MOE Illumination Kit and light, or a MOE Sling Attachment. It could also benefit from the built it hand-stops of the MOE 870 Forend . The M4 could benefit from a little Magpul love too. Just saying.

ForTehNguyen
06-11-12, 18:27
got my foreend and stock installed. Foreend install took literally 2 minutes. They even provide a castle nut wrench so you can tighten the castle nut that is on an 870 foreend, nice touch. Foreend feels just like any other MOE foreend with a smaller diameter. Foreend fit is real tight and secure, barely any slop at all. Stock install took 5 minutes very simple install. It comes with 4 polymer inserts so you can adjust your length of pull. To adjust it you basically unscrew a flathead screw and a carrier comes out of the stock where you slide the inserts on, each insert adds .5" to LoP.

For handling the shotgun itself the cheek weld height is perfect for the bead sight that came on my 870 synthetic. It is adjustable with optional cheek risers to use for ghost rings or a red dot. I have neither so dont plan to purchase those. Grip itself is a steeper angle than the standard 870 stock, feels a little more comfortable and it has the grippy texture found on the MIAD grips

Had a Mesa Tactical stock adapter with a generic commercial spec M4 stock and a Hogue rubberized foreend previously. I wasnt to fond of it because the cheek weld height was a little too high.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181108.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181137.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181227.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181657.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181721.jpg

WARPIG [USMC]
06-11-12, 20:08
Looks great man! I didn't know the stock had the MIAD-type texture...I dig that. Still want to pick one up and hold it before I decide, but I have a feeling a buddy of mine is getting one soon. :D

mildot
06-12-12, 09:55
Any ETA on the FDE parts? sometime around the end of the month sound reasonable?
Any idea how many spacers are needed to get a 13.5 LOP?
What "riser" height in general would be needed for a RDS?
Thanks

ForTehNguyen
06-12-12, 14:19
Bead comes right into view now with the improved check weld. I remember on my regular 870 stock I had to pick my head up slightly to see the bead properly. Almost feels as quick as shouldering my AR. Big improvement for me

ForTehNguyen
06-12-12, 14:22
:dirol:
Any ETA on the FDE parts? sometime around the end of the month sound reasonable?
Any idea how many spacers are needed to get a 13.5 LOP?
What "riser" height in general would be needed for a RDS?
Thanks

The tallest riser is intended for an RDS. The middle height is for ghost rings and the standard cheek piece is for bead sights

whick1
06-12-12, 20:02
got my foreend and stock installed. Foreend install took literally 2 minutes. They even provide a castle nut wrench so you can tighten the castle nut that is on an 870 foreend, nice touch. Foreend feels just like any other MOE foreend with a smaller diameter. Foreend fit is real tight and secure, barely any slop at all. Stock install took 5 minutes very simple install. It comes with 4 polymer inserts so you can adjust your length of pull. To adjust it you basically unscrew a flathead screw and a carrier comes out of the stock where you slide the inserts on, each insert adds .5" to LoP.

For handling the shotgun itself the cheek weld height is perfect for the bead sight that came on my 870 synthetic. It is adjustable with optional cheek risers to use for ghost rings or a red dot. I have neither so dont plan to purchase those. Grip itself is a steeper angle than the standard 870 stock, feels a little more comfortable and it has the grippy texture found on the MIAD grips

Had a Mesa Tactical stock adapter with a generic commercial spec M4 stock and a Hogue rubberized foreend previously. I wasnt to fond of it because the cheek weld height was a little too high.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181108.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181137.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181227.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181657.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm49/PreludePowerR/Firearms/IMG_20120611_181721.jpg

Does the forend interfere with your side saddle

SPQR476
06-13-12, 08:18
It doesn't interfere with my six-pack.

Dozer
06-13-12, 09:09
Any ETA on the FDE parts? sometime around the end of the month sound reasonable? Soon ;)

Any idea how many spacers are needed to get a 13.5 LOP? 2. The stocks comes with four spacers in order to allow the user to fit the stock to their specific needs.

What "riser" height in general would be needed for a RDS? It depends on the set up. I have a mini red dot on my VangComp and the 1/4" riser works just fine.
Thanks

I hope this helps.

SPQR476
06-13-12, 13:31
2 spacers will get you 13.5.

The forend doesn't really go past the end of the factory length tube, so it should not interfere with any barrel clamps.

ForTehNguyen
06-13-12, 19:15
does not interfere with the side saddle

870 shoulders a lot better now, almost like an AR. Before on the remmy stock I would always have to adjust my head to see the bead. Not anymore, its right there in the right spot when I shoulder

Denny
06-13-12, 19:28
My set is on back order at Brownells

WFO
06-15-12, 12:05
I hope this helps.

Any plans for a stock/forearm set for Remington 1100?

mildot
06-15-12, 12:20
I hope this helps.

Roger that, Thanks!!

ForTehNguyen
06-15-12, 14:54
arent 1100 and 870 stocks the same?

GJM
06-21-12, 22:40
Installed my Magpul butt stock and fore end this afternoon on my 14 inch Vang 870 with a H1 and aperture sights. Fired 35+ Brenneke slugs, and I love the new stock!

I have the Mesa, Hogue, Speedfeed and others, and the Magpul is hands down my favorite as it gives me a great cheek weld for the H1 and irons, a short LOP, and a shape through the pistol grip that gives me most of the benefit of a full pistol grip stock without the way a pistol grip stock ruins the handling of a shotgun.

Fuzzy-Reticle
06-25-12, 21:29
Would this fit the 20gauge version of the 870 tactical?

Dragk913
06-28-12, 10:20
I cannot wait for the FDE 870 Stock/Forend..:)

Josh-L
07-07-12, 13:31
Will the single point sling mount interfere with the side saddle? The pics look like it is angle toward it.

Also the stock is advertised as having a recoil reducing pad. Does it work as good as the Limbsaver/Remington R3 pad or will I need to get the adaptor?

SPQR476
07-07-12, 17:45
Will not fit the newer small frame 20s, but will fit older large frame 20s...or so I am told.

Sling attachment was reversed after we ran it a while. When released, they will point backwards.

Standard pad is very good. Maybe even too soft for my taste, but it does a great job.

Josh-L
07-08-12, 19:07
Thanks for the reply. Any release date set for the mag tube clamp?

Big A
07-16-12, 21:49
what's up with 4, 6 and/or 8 round saddles and compatibility with the forearm?

I too am wondering how it works with the Mesa Tactical 8 shot shell holder. Does it interfere with it since it longer than the 6 shot model?

RAM Engineer
08-16-12, 03:35
Counting the days until a Mossberg 500 model.

sierra 223
08-19-12, 12:22
You guys who have or will have the Magpul front end, what light and mount are you going to add?

kmrtnsn
08-19-12, 12:31
I put an Insight M3X on my wife's 870 with the MOE Fore-end, using the MOE Light Kit for the rail mount, the pressure pad covers that come with the MOE Light Kit, will not fit the M3x pressure pad so I just used Velcro to attach it.

ARonBoard
08-20-12, 21:48
Any updates on how these hold up under rough real world use. I think they look "tacticool" but wonder about the durability.

Although Magpul doesnt typically disappoint in that area.

SPQR476
08-20-12, 21:53
Fisher has been running his for a while now, including several classes and wringing it out, and it's still going strong. Steve could break an anvil given time and opportunity, so I'd say that's quite a feat.

ARonBoard
08-20-12, 21:56
I'll admit. I expected something along those lines when I posted. Lol.

Thanks for the info! Exactly what I experience with Magpul gear!

kid presentable
08-21-12, 14:05
Any plans to make the foreend in OD green?

SPQR476
08-21-12, 15:21
Currently, an OD green release is unlikely.

kid presentable
08-21-12, 17:54
Currently, an OD green release is unlikely.

dang. thanks for the quick response.

msstate56
08-31-12, 01:58
Any updates on how these hold up under rough real world use. I think they look "tacticool" but wonder about the durability.

Although Magpul doesnt typically disappoint in that area.

I've been using a set of Magpul furniture on my duty 870 for over three months now. I take it out with me every night when I work patrol duty. I have one Qualification course and about 300 rounds down range with my set. It works better with armor than any other shotgun stock I've ever used, including a Mesa Tactical "AR type" stock. It gets banged off of car doors, door frames, and barricades on the range. I don't really see how I could break it. I'm also using the cheek riser kit since I run ghost ring sights. It gives me a perfect natural alignment to the sights. I also appreciate the MOE foreend, since it has the slots for mounting lights and slings. I used to have to drill holes in the regular plastic forends I've used in the past.

cop1211
09-22-12, 01:03
Can any tell me how you would mount a Magpul pistol grip on a 870?

kmrtnsn
09-22-12, 01:19
Can any tell me how you would mount a Magpul pistol grip on a 870?

Mesa Tactical has an adapter that should work.

Alaskapopo
09-22-12, 02:30
Built this one up for heavy metal division in three gun.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/shotguns/Remington870.jpg

ForTehNguyen
09-23-12, 09:57
FDE is out now

ForTehNguyen
09-28-12, 19:52
rear sling mount for 870:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG507&name=Magpul+SGA+Remington+870+Sling+Mount&groupid=6

CLJ94104
10-12-12, 01:33
So I just installed a Magpul Forend replacement and Magpul SGA stock on my Remington 870 express tactical. Couldn't find the damn sling mount for in between the receiver and stock though. Anyways, I want to give a few thoughts.

Shooting a 12 gauge with a pistol grip like the Mossberg comes with sucks, even though when holding it your wrist feels better than on a OEM stock. I was close to installing an AR style grip and stock to my 870. Raising the shotgun to a firing position with OEM furniture and aiming just felt awkward. Then I ran across this stock and it intrigued me.

A lot of people blasted the looks but I like them, ymmv. It's ergonomics are AMAZING!! The alignment with the wrist is much more comfortable when in the firing position. Reminds me of my AR... I like my AR. Spoiled I know. Anyways install was very easy. The stock is really close in weight to the OEM stock and any difference is unnoticeable. This stock is built like a tank and fit/finish are top notch, Magpul knocked another one out of the park here.

The Magpul forend is perfect. The OEM just didn't feel big enough for my hand and the Magpul beats the OEM into the ground. The ergonomics here are again wonderful, I love the integrated hand stops. Again, top notch fit and finish. Another home run here.

If you're on the fence with either one of these products... GO BUY IT NOW. You won't regret it.

Big A
10-21-12, 14:37
I too am wondering how it works with the Mesa Tactical 8 shot shell holder. Does it interfere with it since it longer than the 6 shot model?

Can anybody answer this yet? I'd really like to know before I start purchasing parts.

cordovamx
10-28-12, 20:27
Can anybody answer this yet? I'd really like to know before I start purchasing parts.

there's clearance - about 1/4" inch when the forend is back and the chamber is open. you've got clearance. :)

Big A
10-31-12, 14:36
there's clearance - about 1/4" inch when the forend is back and the chamber is open. you've got clearance. :)

Thank you...:)